Silverado Bellingham - Bellingham, WA

Silverado Bellingham - Bellingham, WA has yet not published prices.

Very accommodating and helpful staff

I could give this place 6 stars out of 5, I would. As far as I can tell, things seem to be going very well. The staff interacts with me and my wife very well. She lives here and I live across the street, so it’s been a tough transition but they do their best to help. As an example, she had only been there for a week and they went out of their way to reach out to me personally to make sure that I was doing okay. If I wanted to, I could have all 3 meals over here with her. They have a smaller amount of options for the menu but the food is good. They have all kinds of activities to keep her busy as well. Once a week, they’ll let her arrange the flowers for the dinner table. Something that’s been difficult for us has been parting ways when it’s time for me to return home. I talked with the staff about this and they told me to tell the desk when I think I’m about to leave. Each time I do, they’ll send a caregiver to her room that will take her to do an activity so it’s easier for me to leave. They’re really good at redirecting her to make sure she isn’t upset. I’ve been very happy with her stay here, they’ve done a great job.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your affirming and gracious words about Silverado’s care. Our team works very hard and takes great pride in doing just what you describe has been your experience. As you mentioned, this transitional phase can be extremely difficult and we're glad to hear we've been able to guide and assist you and your wife through this difficult time. Thank you for trusting us with the care of your wife. We hope to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

Wonderful and peaceful

I highly recommend this community. The facility itself is very clean. I feel like its top notch. When you first walk in the foyer is lovely and there is no smell like you would expect from a facility like this. In the courtyard, there are little places where you can walk, play ping pong, and benches to sit on and read. It is just so peaceful. The staff is wonderful and everyone showed the utmost respect for my husband. His room was spacious and always picked up. One of the good things about his room is I didn’t have to furnish it. His room did not have a kitchen so you have to eat all of your meals in the dining room. They serve three meals a day and they are good sized portions too. This facility was just wonderful! I am sad I had to move my husband out of this facility but it just wasn’t a good fit for him.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for recognizing our associates and the care they provide. Making the decision to move your loved one into a new environment can be one of the hardest decisions. Thank you for trusting us with the care of your husband - we're sorry to hear that it wasn't a good fit for your husband. Silverado is truly one big family - our associates treat our residents with the same love, dignity and respect that they show their own loved ones.

Nice Community

My mother in law is doing very well here much better than the last community she was at. It was a little bit of an adjustment. They are providing very good care of her we are extremely pleased with the whole community. They have her doing more activities and getting more involved in things. She has not complained about the food. The community is well kept and very clean. We would recommend this community

Silverado Representative

We are so happy to hear that your mother-in-law is thriving and enjoying life at Silverado. We pride ourselves in providing individualized memory care that is just as focused on mind and spirit as it is on body. We look forwarded to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family in the future!

Amazing Food

Wow!!! The young talented chef had impressed me, his food is compared to the best restaurants out there!
He came to our table during lunch and bent on his knees just to talk to my dad with respect and appreciation, that showed me how humble and down to earth he is.
He carves amazing things out of a watermelon or a simple apple!!!
He toured me in the kitchen and then I was completely convinced that he knows what he is doing, his kitchen was clean, organized and everyone was working like a well oiled machine! Fresh vegetables, fresh meats and everything made from scratch.
Silverado is fortunate to have this chef in the company and the competition should watch out for this man!

Silverado Representative

Hi Charlie, thank you for taking the time to review Silverado Bellingham. We're glad that you enjoyed the food. Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to provide residents with food that is both appealing and nutritious. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments!

Amazing Place!

The Silverado staff has been amazing during this difficult transition for my family. Everyone is so kind and friendly and patient and their passion for what they do shines through. The receptionists, the dining room staff, the nurses, the administrative staff, everyone we have met has made us feel welcome and has made my mom feel loved and safe and cared for. She has been participating in activities and is starting to settle in and adjust to her new home. We have joined her for lunch a few times and the food is always delicious. It is an extremely clean and beautiful place that feels more like a resort than a memory care community. I would highly recommend Silverado!

Silverado Representative

As you mentioned, Silverado is truly one big family - our associates treat our residents with the same love, dignity and respect that they show their own loved ones. We're happy to hear that your mother is thriving and enjoying life at our beautiful Silverado Bellingham community. Thank you for recognizing our associates. As always, we are fully dedicated to providing the best care to all of our residents and helping their family members through this difficult time.

Exceptional memory care facility

We moved Mom from a local assisted living facility to Silverado Bellingham shortly after they opened. The care they provide residents is amazing. They treat each resident with compassion, dignity and respect. Everything about this facility is well thought out and first rate. The building itself is thoughtfully designed. It's always clean, the food is wonderful, the activities creative and inclusive, but what makes Silverado special is the staff. This has been a difficult journey for us, and we are beyond grateful to see Mom so well cared for in these later years of a long life.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for trusting us to care for your mother. We're happy to hear that your mother is enjoying our daily activities and top-notch cuisine. Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to serve food that is both appealing and nutritious. We hope you'll swing by the community soon!

Only The Best for Dad

My dad has been at Silverado since November 2016. Transitioning your loved one from home to a care community is never easy emotionally but Silverado's Mission is truly lived out through their staff, and a blessing. The caregivers are attentive, friendly, and compassionate. I am always leave visiting dad knowing that he is treated with respect and dignity. I observe this interaction with other Silverado community members as well.
The food!!!! Oh my goodness! The food is amazing- from flavor, presentation and variety. Every meal is "fancy"- including stemmed water glasses, cloth napkins and a floral centerpiece.
The administrative staff amazes me in how they balance their time between responsibilities and engaging with the residents within the community. It is encouraging to see the Family Ambassador assisting residents in the dining hall, or the Sr. Administrator enjoying "Happy Hour" with the residents.
My family has had experience with other Care Communities and I never imagined it could be this good based off of those experiences. Silverado is truly about living a purposeful, full life regardless of ones cognitive or physical ability.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our staff and the amazing care that they provide, Sherra. We're glad that you and your father enjoy the dishes crafted by our culinary team. Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to serve food that is both appealing and nutritious.We hope you'll swing by the community soon!

My husband has been at Silverado for 6 months and I can't believe how wonderful not only his care is but also how great the administration is. They all have an open door policy which makes for communicating with them very helpful and easy. They are extremely helpful in supporting the family of the resident as well. They truly embrace the whole family as their own.
The administration from the administrator, to the social worker , to the family ambassador, to the director of nursing, to the engagement director, to the culinary director, to the operations director as been there for my husband as well as for me which has helped the transition go very smoothly. I don't know how I would have done this without them.
Silverado truly deserves a 5 star rating.

Silverado Representative

Mary, thanks for commenting. We love hearing from Silverado family members. Feedback like this truly motivates us to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments. As you noted, all of our associates from our Administrator to our Chefs are fully dedicated to providing the best care to all of our residents and helping their family members through this difficult time. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments!

Best place ever

The staff here are great. Experience it for yourself. (The experience)
My father in law is a resident and is very happy. I would send my parents here.

Silverado Representative

Hi Dean, we're glad to hear that your father is thriving at Silverado. Thank you for your comment and we look forward to being a trusted resource for you and your family in the future!

Don't depend on the front

The caregivers work very hard but you can tell they are not paid nor treated the way they should be for
the little money they are paid and the awesome hard work they do
The management rarely come out of their offices and the director seems to spend most of her day throwing a ball for her out of control big puppy who almost knocked me down .
The entire place seems as though they only care about appearances to get new residents in there.
I am scared to say more [Removed]. My relative who is there is constantly in pain from a very bad broken arm she received trying to get out of her wheel chair. She was taking to the ER, a temporary ace bandage was put on it and not taken back for a permanent brace for almost five weeks and was in excruciating pain and discomfort!
The residents seem to just want attention and caring which the facility is so understaffed it is not possible for them to do.

This is the place to be

When it comes to memory care Silverado Senior Living is the top of the line when it comes to memory care. They are the ones to beat when it comes to memory care. They seem to hire the right people. The staff is what makes the difference. It seems like they go through hundreds of people just to hire the right one. The staff knows everybody by name and they know what is going on with each one of the residents. They have meeting daily to share the information about what happened the last 24 hours so that everyone is on the same page. They just have such a great open line of communication that it does not matter who you talk to when you call they know what the situation is without having to repeat it. There is no one is North America doing memory care better then Silverado. They have several communities across the country and are all ran the same way and are a mirror image of one another. They only hire those people looking for a career in this industry rather then those just looking for a job. The entire staff seems to have a true passion for what they do. The staff is just so great that no body goes wanting to anything. I just can't say enough great things about Silverado and their staff. They allow the residents the freedom to wander around in the community but they are always keeping their eyes on them and will direct them when it’s needed. This is the place to be when it comes to memory care. The regional director was in the area when I was looking at this community and he actually picked up the phone and called me just to see what they could do better and how they could best suit my need. I am extremely happy with Silverado and would recommend it to anyone that has a loved one that needs memory care. If there is not a Silverado in your area and are in need, I would move to an area with one and you would not be disappointed.

Silverado Representative

We love hearing feedback from our Silverado families; feedback like this truly motivates us to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments, and to enrich the lives of those affected by dementia. As you noticed, our associates are dedicated to providing the best care for our residents.Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments!

The Bellingham community was designed from the ground up specifically to deliver life-enriching memory care to as many as 80 residents through our innovative blend of compassion and clinical excellence. The property is truly at home in the environment of Bellingham, featuring a large expanse of outdoor space for secure walking paths and gardens.