The Bellingham at Orchard Memory Care - Bellingham, WA

Vibrant and active community

When I went to tour the facility it was very vibrant and active. A lot of the residents were up and walking about. The facility itself was extremely spacious. I unfortunately had to take my Husband out of another facility, but if he had to go back, I would pick this facility. There were also a lot of residents in the Alzheimer’s group. Everyone just seemed so active. There was nothing that seemed strange or concerning to me. I would recommend this facility.

Employee are very caring and well like by residents & family members. I think a daily visit by housekeeping should be made to each room to check if there are messes in the bathroom that need to be cleaned or that toilet paper needs to be filled. I have had to ask for toilet paper a few times for my mother. Meals look great. Everyone is willing to help when I ask for it.

Frontier Management

Thank you, for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in the care we provide to our residents at The Bellingham at Orchard. We always love to receive great feedback.

My mother-in-law has Alzheimers and because of her violence, I needed to get her into assisted living immediately. The Bellingham at Orchard worked with me and she was placed the very same day. I'm so grateful for their help.

Frontier Management

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Christy Van Wagoner. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Great Staff!!

There is a little odor in the community every once in a while but the housekeeping seems to be doing a good job of maintaining everything clean. There are meal plans offered to the residents my loved one has mentioned that the meals could be a little better on the taste. Activities are offered to the residents sometimes my loved one engages in them. Overall it's a nice community with wonderful staff and services.

No longer a quality care facility

Since this new company took over, the place is not clean, smells, understaffed, residents are no longer well cared for, they have constant staff turnover. I overhear staff complain that they have worked double & triple shifts. This place is very expensive. Where's all the money going? My advice, if you love the person you have in care, look elsewhere.

Wonderful Community!!

The staff is wonderful with my father. I really like the layout of the community it's one floor. It is very easy for my dad to remember around. Meals are good and healthy. The care from the staff is fantastic. The community is kept clean and organized.

Frontier Management

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know your thoughts about The Bellingham at Orchard. We are happy to hear that our staff are wonderful, the care is fantastic and the meals are good and healthy! We work hard to ensure we are providing one of the best, quality senior living experiences in the Bellingham area, and we are so happy that your dad is with us! Thanks again for the positive review!

Problems at the Bellingham

Our mother spent two months living at the Bellingham at Orchard, starting in late December 2015. She came in under difficult personal circumstances, and because of that she was not cooperative in helping the employees maintain her daily hygiene. We appreciated the Bellingham taking her in under that situation and understood that her behavior would be challenging. However, after the first month our mother’s behavior improved, but the staff was still unable to provide an adequate level of personal care.

When we came to visit our mother her room was frequently dirty, with the bed not being made and the floor having food on it. Our mother frequently looked disheveled. Her clothing was often covered with old food stains, even though there was daily laundry service. While we authorized our mother to be given a haircut as needed so that she would look less unkempt, her hair and general appearance continued to deteriorate.

Twice we found our mother sitting in the dining room in short sleeves, shivering, and left to herself. We often found her wearing no socks, even during cold weather. We also often found her sitting alone, balanced precariously in her walker, in a place where no one could observe her (e.g., stuck in her bathroom where she might not have been found until the next meal).

Based on experiences such as these, we moved our mother to an adult family home, where she is receiving much better care at a significantly lower cost. Also, based on our experience, we could not recommend the Bellingham.

Care went downhill after new ownership

We moved my grandfather (we were the POA's) into Silverado now the Bellingham at Orchard. He lived there for 18 months. When we first moved him in the care was excellent and not one complaint. The food was great, the staff was great, his room was clean, he was bathed, he was well taken care of and thriving. He loved going out in the garden area picking blueberries and apples and sitting by the old car watching birds. Fast forward to the community becoming The Bellingham at Orchard. The care went from great to POOR. Grandpa fell nearly daily, it took hours for call lights to be answered or for nurses or staff to be found just to let us out after the 5pm front office closed. The food went from great to slop. The social worker went out the door. The nursing staff went from great to high turn over or over worked and grumpy. When I made the choice for him to leave my house where he was I was providing 24/7 care I felt confident and loved the facility until it merged. He had a horrible fall and instead of calling the medics I was phoned 12 hours later saying I should make him an appt at the doctors he was taken to ER and from there transfered to hospice at a different facility. Silverado was great Bellingham at Orchard was hell and not a place I would wish on anyone. Shameful really.

They've Done Well With Everything

They have done well with everything we have asked, including helping protect my mom who is there. I give them five-stars on general helpfulness. My wife says they go out of their way to help us. Recommended for anybody.

best

Fantastic staff, excellent communication.

INVEST IGATE THIS HOME THROUGHLY

I WOULD NOT PUT MY DOG IN THIS PLACE .. CALL THE STATE AND FIND OUT ABOUT INVESTIGATIONS ETC. WHEN THE NAME WAS SILVERADO .. IT IS APPARENTLY STILL OWNED BY SILVERADO AS THE STATE IS STILL SHOWING THEY OWN IT. I GUESS THEY THOUGHT BY CHANGING THE NAME OVERNIGHT( OR WITHIN A WEEK) IT WOULD FOOL PEOPLE. THIS SHOULD TELL PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES SOMETHING. I FEEL SORRY FOR ANYONE WHO HAS TO WORK AT THIS HATEFUL VILE PLACE. IN MY OPINION THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR. THE PEOPLE WHO DO ALL THE HARD WORK (NOT THE ADMINISTRATORS ) SEEM TO BE VERY KIND HARDWORKING PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE, HOWEVER DUE TO THE MANAGEMENT ETC. THEY MIGHT AS WEILL HAVE A REVOLVING DOOR FOR THESE KIND PEOPLE WHO SEEMS CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH FROM THE SUPERVISORS ETC. PLEASE DO YOUR LOVED ONES A FAVOR AND CHECK THE RECORDS WITH THE STATE BEFORE AGREEING TO PUT A LOVED ONE AT THIS ESTABLISHMENT.

I really liked this place, I think that mom would fit in nice. It was clean and has very nice staff. But if they keep dragging their feet (about assessing mom) I will have to go someplace else.

Ashley Ward

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your experience at The Bellingham at Orchard! We're glad to hear that you liked our community and staff! We're sorry if the assessment process seemed long. We always want to make sure that we take the time your mom deserves in order to provide best care possible for her. We appreciate your feedback!

Please throughly investigate before leaving a loved one

When you see employee reviews about working for this for profit facility you will see the truth about this facility. I have worked in the business world for 30 years and came to realize if employees are miserable the customer will be also.
You and your loved one are the customer. The facade in the lobby is just that. My mothers dementia has gotten much worse and the directors and management only work to keep the facade going and not address the real issue , which is my mother safety and health. When they take one family members side and [removed] to the other family member it just shows they do not really care about the residents. I will never forget the look in my cherished family members eyes when I was trying to bring her favorite food to her and was told I could not come in the entrance. [removed]. This facility has not only added to the family situation but have caused [removed] of the other family member. The only thing they seem to get is legal action.

We were very pleased with the services there.

We were very pleased with the services there.

What a nice quiet warm plac...

What a nice quiet warm place..reminds me so much like a Hotel,the staff seems very warm and everyone was smiling,got a good feeling,felt like it would be very safe for my wife...Hope to try their two overnite 'nights off' for me...and have heard nothing be good things about it..

The mission of The Bellingham at Orchard is to serve the special needs of individuals living with Alzheimer's disease, dementia and other forms of memory loss. Equally impressive is our commitment to providing you and your loved one with impeccable service at every level. Every day at The Bellingham at Orchard we make it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of our residents. We offer exceptional care, innovative wellness programs and life enriching activities in a family atmosphere to create a community that supports the needs of those who live here.

With our Pathways program, a Montessori-based philosophy for care, we create a specialized, life-enriching environment that affords each individual maximum self-expression. The staff is committed to delivering a quality of care that meets the resident's physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.

Our talented team of dedicated and caring staff are there when you need them. It can be different..let us show you how.