Silver Ridge Assisted Living Gretna - Gretna, NE

Staff didn't pay attention to my mom

When I was touring this facility, I noticed that the staff wasn’t paying as much attention to my Mother as I would have liked. The facility looked nice but looks are one thing, but the care is something different. They did offer activities but they didn’t help the residents participate. If you didn’t show up to them, it was too bad. I would not recommend this facility to other families.

REALLY big facility

My husband and I toured Silver Ridge when looking for a place or my mother-in-law and the facility was very nice. They kept everything very clean from what I could see. The only available room, though, was on the second floor and I was afraid that my mother-in-law might get lost because of how big it was. The only reason why we didn’t choose this facility was because it was too far from where we live.

I'm ready to move in!

I have visited this community and have had family friends who have had parents living here. It is a wonderful place that is full of fun activities, a nursing staff that truly cares and it seems an administration that is willing to communicate.

If it was time for me to come to an assisted living, this would be my top choice.

Best care sriund

The staff is caring and the management always has an open door policy to listen to any concerns or questions we may have had. There were so many activities for my mom to attend that she was busy all of the time. Thank you for such great care Silverridge.

Lisa Arp

Thank you so much!! Communication is key for taking care of residents! We appreciate the feedback!

Deeply Concerned

Our personal experience with our elder family member regarding their stay at Silver Ridge was very disturbing. Although the building itself was lovely and although at first the greeting and registry staff were seemingly caring and assuring, it was only after our elder was moved in that the entire environment changed. The care offered was alarmingly [Removed] due to the untrained aids and [Removed] of managing staff refusing to see the importance of correcting the incompetence. The levels of [Removed] and risk to our elder was becoming clearly appearent. We can only speak of our direct experience and the experience was damaging to not only our loved one but to ourselves. The endepth dishonesty and the extent of cover-up performed of the incompetence events by the managing staff was astounding, shocking and dangerous. We had no choice but to remove our loved one.

Lisa Arp

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am sorry you feel that there was a change after move in. Our philosophy is the more communication the better! We are always training our staff to make sure they are up to date on all competencies. We are very straight forward when it comes to care of residents. I wish I knew who we are talking about because it would be easier to understand where you are coming from. I don't have a record of such circumstances nor do I have recollection of someone leaving the facility/moving out. I apologize for any bad experience you had. I apologize for the way it made you feel. I hope your loved one is doing well and they are getting the care they need since we were unable to provide that care for them in a manner in which was to your standards.

Care for family

We like the care here from this community. We like the staff and the care that is received. The community is nice and always clean and maintained. We like knowing that she is in good care. The meals are appealing and a variety if offered. They do offer activiites for the residents that are wanting to participate. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families for a loved one.

Lisa Arp

Thank you so much! The feedback is so important to us!

Horrible

This is by far the worst family Owned company you will find . There nothing but [Removed]individuals . There supervisors are horrible and they switch up every few months or so. The supervisors never engage with residents. The staff act as if they love the residents but there mistreating them all along. The workers over work there selves so they handle your loved one off of anger , this place is filthy . They have so many unexplained deaths going on . The managers don't care about hard workers they hire and fire individuals every day . They don't drug test majority of the workers are on [Removed] . I wouldn't recommend this place to any one . All the workers care about is putting a resident into bed so they don't have to be bothered with them. Please keep your family member away from this place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica,

As a disgruntled employee I am sorry that you feel this way and that you are going as far as this to defame our community. We DO random drug testing and we drug test within 24 hours of application. We have been in business for 16 years and are deficiency free. I would love to sit down and talk regarding these other allegations because they are unacceptable.

A wonderful Place to go

Silver Ridge is one of the best places I visited. The people are friendly and helpful. The accommodations are like having your own apartment and the meals are really good.

Diane,

Thank you for the kind words. WE truly appreciate it!

Nice place, overall

Our loved one has only been here a brief time, but so far our experience with Silver Ridge Assisted Living has been a positive one! It's a nice looking place, the staff we've met have been very friendly, and the residents seem well cared for. Mom has had good things to say about the food, as well!

Lisa Arp

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate it!

Small Town Treasure!

My dad has recently moved into SilverRidge. We have been extremely happy with the care and support he has been given. It's always a tough transition moving parents from their own homes into an assisted living environment.

After reading the only other review on this site for SilverRidge, we were reluctant to try the food. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of food, taste and the service that was provided in the dining room. I guess it's hard to please everyone, but they offer a menu that has at least a dozen other choices besides their noon and evening specials. Which we thought was awesome!

The cleanliness of the community is remarkable. It always smells good and my dad's room is always clean. The staff is very helpful and have always seemed more than qualified to handle any of the issues that my dad seems to have. (which at times are overwhelming)

We would certainly recommend SilverRidge to anyone looking for a place for their loved ones.

I would never recommend them to anyone

We are reporting them for several violations. The food here is absolutely horrible, it's worse than school lunch. The glasses were always dirty, and they tried to blame it on hard water, but it's not. Even two of the staff members told me they don't eat there because they get diarrhea. They neglected to give out medications, and then gave one that wasn't prescribed. There were notes about residents all over their cart, that violated HIPPA laws. It seemed like a nice homey place and we were in a hurry, had I tried a meal here, it would have been a deal breaker and I would have known better. I would never recommend them to anyone. I felt that I should have received a full refund, but they still charged me for the days she was here, and took her security deposit, even though we were here less than a month, and they didn't live up to what they were supposed to do, and I had to bring my own help in, to see she was safe.

Lisa Arp

This was several years ago and I am the current administrator. I am sorry you experienced that! Thank you for the feedback and I will keep this in mind in training, state survey prep and management meetings.

SilverRidge is located in Gretna, Ne right underneath the old water tower, across the street from the HighSchool. We have been here for 13 years and love being a part of this small but growing community. We are not corporately owned, we are family owned and operated. Dan Sedlacek is executive director, John Sedlacek is maintenance director, Lisa Sedlacek-Arp is marketing director and Lori Sedlacek is activities director. Come see how we are different for all the rest.