SHIV ADULT CARE HOME - Mesa, AZ

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

This is the worst place EVER!!!!! My mother, who had a stroke was left in a corner in adult diapers, even though she had no problems with incontinence. We were harrassed constantly about the money we 'owed' her for the providing of the adult diapers, as well as for her care there even though she was in the process of getting medicare and medicaid which would have paid for her care. [Removed] is way more worried about her money than she is about the people in her care. DO NOT leave your loved ones here. They are TERRIBLE people!!!!

Very Grateful

My step father has been in this home for 3 1/2 years as my mother could no longer care for him. My mother and/or I visit a couple days a week and the home is always ultra clean! The workers are friendly and my step father has been comfortable and content. In all this time, he has never suffered from bed sores. Sharon is quick to notice if something is amiss with his health. Sharon and the caregivers take pride in how the residents look and feel. They also pride themselves in the food that is served. Shiv care has a happy feel and is in a pretty neighborhood. I have heard of people moving their loved ones from one home to another and so grateful we haven't had to do that!

Thanks for all the extra things you do!

Sharon,
Thanks for sharing your home with me. All the extra things you do, like my birthday party and the pretty sweater you gave me for Christmas. Special love and care you show everyone every day. This is why you are loved by me.

Please thank all the wonderful people

Dear Sharon,
Please thank all of the wonderful people who have helped you provide such excellent care for Marie. We appreciate you very much! Our Love,

Wonderful care provided for my dad!

Dear Sharon,
Thank you so much for the wonderful care you provided for my dad! It was so nice to have him in a nice home environment where we knew he was so well cared for!! Thank you of working with our family and always taking our needs into consideration! You are a wonderful nurse and family friend. We will be forever grateful to you for all your have done for us!!

Thank you!

Sharon & Staff Thank You! We appreciate all you did to care for our mom. Your care and thoughtful way will be remembered.

MOST HORRENDOUS EXPERIENCE EVER!!

My ex husband was put in this home and I cannot begin to describe the experience! Sharon, the "woman" that runs this place is the least caring individual I have ever met. The father of my children is 63 years old - he was there for less than 72 hours when he got out of the house and began walking down the street before it was even noticed he was missing. A few hours later, he found the garage and went out to smoke and fell on the cement. By the time my daughter and I got there to see him, (we were never notified that he was injured) he was in severe pain and had been sitting in a wheelchair for hours. Sharon shows up and tells him to stand - poor guy tried and my daughter and I had to catch him so he didn't fall again as the pain was so bad. Sharon then tells me to put him in the car and take him to the hospital for an x-ray. I advised her I did not feel comfortable doing that and asked that she call 911. Once at the hospital, we were advised he had a broken hip and he had surgery the next day. When we were at the home visiting him before the fall, we were putting his clothes away. My 21 year old daughter attempted to open the closet door to hang clothes and sharon's grown son was in there, on the floor. My daughter immediately went to sharon and told her what was going on...sharon went in the closet and told her son he couldn't be doing that while families of the patients were there. Once my ex was released from the hospital, we removed him from the home. His clothes had never been changed, his nails were not cut and she.made him wear adult diapers even though he had no issues with using the restroom. When confronted about his fall, she lied and said he fell in the kitchen, even though the woman who was watching over the patients told us how he had gone into the garage and they didn't know where he was. The day we removed him from the home, sharon's son was again in the closet laying on blankets with a pillow and a tv on. He is not a patient - hr has to be in his 30's!! My ex was there for a total of 26 days - and she charged over $4,000. For what? This home needs to be shut down and it will be reported. Please DO NOT send your loved ones to this facility!!! If you want to keep them safe and looked after you do NOT WANT THEM IN HER "CARE"....

Their license should be revoked!

With care being the most important aspect of selecting a an adult care home provider, I can say that the level of care my father received from Shiv Adult Care Home was so far below acceptable that I cannot even believe that "A Place for Mom" is still listing this provider! My father, a diabetic and Alzheimer patient, was offered juice & dessert with every meal, and suffered a severe UTI infection that was only caught by a nurse I hired to come in and check up on him since I had witnessed several inconsistencies in administering his medications when I visited. After five weeks we were preparing to move my father to another facility when he suffered a fatal heart attack. [removed]

Place your loved one elsewhere

I recently had to remove my mother from this group home, which Banner Desert hospital placed her in. The people left in charge of the home do not speak fluent English and did not know the names of the patients in the home. Even though my mother has no issues with incontinence they forced her to wear adult diapers. The owner of the group home stated it does not matter if her employees do not know who is in the home and denied that this is a safety issue. In all, Sharon was a very rude and unprofessional woman who made it clear that her main priority is her profit, not the well being of her patients.

spoke to The Director, who is a RN, v...

spoke to The Director, who is a RN, very nice and professional. They take private pay, as all of these places on this list do, they have a person on premises who assists resident try to obtain Veteran Benefits. I told her that my Dad was already turned down for VA Benefit due to making more a month than the maximum requirement.

The smell of urine was overwhelming t...

The smell of urine was overwhelming throughout the house. Bathrooms were dirty and house was not tidy.

Our neighborhood is very quiet, friendly atmosphere, clean area, no crime, safe, park close to the care home. Nice restaurants, movie theatres and shopping centers. Owned and operated by a RN. All safety measures are done for residents.