Shiela's Home Care - Land O' Lakes, FL

Shiela's Home Care - Land O' Lakes, FL has yet not published prices.

[Name removed], [Name removed] and staff take great care of their residents. They're a wonderful alternative to the larger facilities.

Over the top care from over the top people

The only way I can describe Shiela's home care is that it was a true blessing from god..seriously! My grandmother lived with me for almost 7 years before she got to the point where we were unable to care for her. Because of her polio illness, she is confined to a wheelchair with very little mobility without assistance. I knew that eventually the day would come and I dreaded the thought of putting her in a nursing home because I knew that they would never care for her the way we did. if I said that [name removed] and [name removed] and the staff at Shiela's home care care for her the same way that I did I would be lying...they care for her FAR BETTER! The personal attention the residents get is unfounded in the industry. They are on top of everything, from medicine, to doctor's appointments, to keeping them clean and healthy and most importantly happy and comfortable. Because of Shiela's home care, we have been able to have our lives back and know that my grandmother is in good hands. They have become more than her caregiver, they are part of our family and I would highly highly recommend anyone that is looking for over the top, quality care to check them out. You will not be disappointed.

Amazing Care in a Home Atmosphere

My father was in a large Assisted Living and then had a prolonged stay in a nursing facility before we were fortunate enough to find Shiela's Home Care. Our family is so impressed with the level of care and compassion he receives from Doug and Shiela as well as their staff.

In his prior living situation, he was lonely with not much interaction with others but now he tells us all the time that he could not be in a better place! Doug has even worked it out to take him to his favorite breakfast place on a regular basis. My father was driving up until a year ago and losing that last bit of freedom was very hard. At Shiela's, they work diligently to watch his mental health as well as his physical.

Since living at Shiela's he also had to have surgery on a clogged artery and they were there for him, taking care of so many things through it all, from the emergency room visit to picking him up to take him back home. Doug also takes him to the VA and handles it all.

They make sure he eats good meals, drinks his fluids, gets exercise and all the things needed to be sure his body is on a good schedule so for example, he does not suffer the bowel issues he had previously.

I cannot say enough good things about the care he receives at this wonderful facility. It is a blessing to know he has such a good home and competent, caring people to watch over him. We have peace of mind knowing he is there.

Excellent care

Shiela's Home Care provides excellent care to my step father for the past year. I highly recommend them!

Excellent Place

My dad was one of the first residents (2009) for Shiela’s Home Care. We were very blessed in finding this place. Since I relocated my father to Shiela’s Home Care I noticed a great improvement from the start. He looks happier and relaxed. They keep me well informed with his Doctor’s reports. The home is immaculate, everything is well organized. The food looks delicious, nutritive and varied. But overall, Shiela and Douglas as well as the other personnel are very caring, dedicated to their patients, treat them with love and respect and have an excellent training, it shows in everything they do. I feel very pleased and confident in having my father in a home environment place where he is well cared and treated as a family member. I highly recommend this place.

Great place!

They're been absolutely wonderful so far. It is as close as you can get to being a home away from home. It's a small home-like atmosphere, with only about 5 residents, and the owners are very kind, caring, and patient people. They're great at their jobs and really seem to enjoy what they do. They do all sorts of little things to make their residents more comfortable, and they are more than happy to take all the residents to whatever doctors appointments they might have.
The home itself is beautiful and well decorated, and they always keep it looking well kept and clean. The food they serve always looks delicious.
They were just recently given a 5 star rating by the state, and rated as one of the top communities in Florida!
I've had nothing but good experiences here, and I would recommend them to anyone!

Gorgeous Home

It's run by a husband and wife, and they were very nice. The facility was gorgeous. I walked the whole facility, and it's a high end 4000-5000 sq foot home. The residents were all older gentlemen, WWII vets. The couple lives upstairs and the residents live on the first floor. Very nice place.

Sheila & Douglas have given my Dad a ...

Sheila & Douglas have given my Dad a real home. We tried other large facilities, they felt like institutions. Sheila's is a HOME, a very lovely home. Dad is well cared for, all of his health, grooming,and social needs are wonderfully taken care of and he feels more like a family member.
They have become trusted friends that I trust to help me give my Dad the best life possible.

Magnificent Staff and Care!

They're magnificent! I used them for respite care and they were just awesome. They managed everything with my father-in-law just so perfectly. They went outside of themselves to keep him entertained. Because of the kind of ALF they are, they tend to have a more frail clientele. That's not where my father-in-law is so they went out the their way to keep him engaged and do things that he would enjoy doing. The allowed us to bring in his own chair, they moved things around and set up a baby monitor because they didn't know him. They kept him clean and well fed; they were very attentive. They were just very charming people. Without hesitation, I would absolutely recommend them and use them again.

Met with both Shiela and Do...

Met with both Shiela and Douglas yesterday. Very impressed with them and their home setting. I thought they were an excellent fit for our situation. However, there is a restriction of visits to every three days and only for 2 hours from 2-4 p.m. They are used to family visitation, not really a spouse who needs time to stay longer because of lack of privacy. Today, a call from Douglas saying that they discussed my need to visit more - like every other day or every three days but at least stay a half hour longer would not give R what he needed nor me. They recommened a place with a private room where I could visit as needed, without restrictions.

Sheila and Douglas and the family atm...

Sheila and Douglas and the family atmosphere they create have been wonderful for my Dad...the home is immaculate...the food is very good ...dad is very well cared for and happier than he is been in a very long time.

An alternative to large assisted living facilities, Shiela's Home Care welcomes your loved one into our home, a 4200 sq. ft. private living facility, inviting them to celebrate life in a wonderfully close-knit family and circle of new friends.

Situated in a private gated community, Nearby three hospitals, doctors offices, medical centers and Veterans Hospital and Veterans Clinic.

We feature private and semi-private room.