Serenity House III - Denver, CO

We like everything about it!

My husband likes this facility very much! It is very clean and it is one of the best from all of the communities that we toured. I am very pleased and happy to have found it, I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking into good care for their loved ones.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for providing your review. Please let us know if you ever have any special requests.

Nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, I don't think the care was the best match for what my loved one was needing at the time. Overall it seems like a nice place, and is definitely worth a look!

Michael Zislis

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. Best wishes with your family member.

Mike Zislis

Great staff

The staff here is pleasant. Great people, a clean facility, and the residents seem to be happy. Activities are fun and the residents seem to enjoy them. A family atmosphere. We haven't been here long, but so far so good.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for providing your review. Please let us know if you have any special requests or suggestions. We are always striving for a 5 star rating.

Good but need better food.

They are great. The only issue we had is the food. I don't consider hot dogs and chicken nuggets actual food. Need healthier alternatives. I also don't consider peanut butter sandwiches food. It's great other than that. It's fabulous.

Michael Zislis

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review. We want all of our residents and their responsible family members to be happy with the meals provided. We strive to have a balance of many types of foods. One of the types of foods we serve falls under the catigory of "finger-foods". This type of food is particularly useful and satisfying for residents with dementia who may have difficulty using dining utensiles; these foods give them a bit more autonomy in feeding. Certainly, if this type of food is serverd at a particular meal, it should be well balanced with fresh fruit, salad, yogurt etc. We will monitor the meals to be sure this is happeneng. In the mean time, please reach out to Sonia: Director of Operations to discuss your observations, and of course, we are happy to have your suggestions regarding meal planning.

The lady that is there during the week and is only by her self and taking care of six people and is doing a wonderful job and being very good at her job. The lady on the weekend isnt that good she isnt that personable on taking care of all of them.

Michael Zislis

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. During the first several hours in the morning, we have two caregivers working together for the eight residents. Then, there is one caregiver during the late morning and afternoon and during this time, we have an activity professional come to the home to conduct social and recreational activities. The next care staff shift arrives at 8:00PM, so between 8:00PM and 8:00AM, there are two care staff on site. Please contact us to dfiscuss specific ways that we can optimize your family member's experience.

Mike

So far they are doing a pretty good job.

So far they are doing a pretty good job. I don't have any concerns about things like, how clean it's kept, or the food or the staff. We liked that they offered some physical therapy, and that is why we chose them.

Michael Zislis

Thank you so much for taking the time to privide your review. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make the experience for your family member the best possible.

Mike

Smaller Community Is Great

My experience with the Serenity House since my mother moved in has been great. It is a smaller community with a small group of residents and a full time resident manager. It provides the high level of care my mother truly needs. There is no concern of her needs and wants falling through the cracks at any time. It also gives me the peace of mind I need at all times, because I know she is always being taken care of.

Michael Zislis

Greg- Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. It is an honor and privilege to provide assisted living care for your mother. Please let us know if you should ever have any requests in the future.

Serenity House Assisted Living, winner of the State Health Department “Best Practice” award is one of the largest residential care home providers in Colorado. With 16 homes in the Denver metropolitan area, Englewood, Centennial, Lakewood, and Littleton, Serenity House is in the unique position of being able to offer its residents the best of all worlds----a small, intimate residential living environment along with the policies, procedures, structure and stability that come with having 120+ total beds.

Serenity House, which has been in business since 1998, is operated by Michael Zislis, PT, a licensed physical therapist with over 30 years of experience in rehabilitation. Serenity House has the full spectrum of assisted living services available, including assistance with mobility, medications, incontinence management, personal hygiene, meals, laundry, housekeeping and hair care services. All of the homes are wheelchair accessible and have on-call in house physician and nursing services.

Serenity House is uniquely positioned to provide its residents with a variety of activities that are designed to be enjoyable as well as to enhance independence. Our award winning Activity Director and her staff organize both in-home activities and community outings in the Company’s new fully accessible 15 passenger bus. Each of the homes has a computer station with internet connectivity, a vegetable/flower garden and large screen HDTVs with gaming systems for the enjoyment of our residents.

Inquire now and become a member of the Serenity House extended family.