HighPointe Assisted Living - Denver, CO

Friendly and caring environment

We moved our 95 year old mother to assisted living at HighPointe from a much larger independent living facility in June, 2016, due to her advancing dementia and isolation. In spite of a rough beginning due to her resistance and an initial fall, we have been extremely pleased with HighPointe! We enrolled Mom in the Residence Club, which hosts and encourages participation in a wonderful variety of daily activities, such as crafts, physical games, special and seasonal celebrations, interesting outings, movies, etc, which keeps her engaged and active. It is so heartwarming to see her smile and laugh and enjoy her final years! The staff is incredibly friendly, caring, patient and engaging. Mom also enjoys the food and socialization during the meals. We appreciate and recommend the great job that HighPointe does in caring for our mother.

Very pleased

We moved our 95 year old mother to HighPointe in June, 2016 from independent living in a much larger facility due to her advancing dementia; and we have been impressed with the personal and caring environment at HighPointe. Further, she is socializing and interacting with other residents/staff so much more than where she was before; she has friends; the staff proactively engages her in many activities which has alleviated much of her boredom, feelings of worthlessness and depression. We haven't seen her laugh and interact so much for a very long time, so it is wonderful to see! We are very pleased with the services offered, and the friendly and caring staff. We feel we made the best choice possible to meet her needs.

A Delightful Beginning

As far as I know the care is going good and I am happy so far. We are happy with the staff at this community. My parents are happy with the meals that are served. There are lots of activities for my parents to try.

A Little Too Formal For Our Taste

Our tour of this community was decent one. I thought the community was a little to formal for my sister and her taste. It didn't really have a comfortable atmosphere. It is a beautiful community, very nice looking. The staff was kind and friendly. It was a pleasant tour and experience.

HighPointe seemed like a great community!!

If I had to choose over again I would have chosen this community even though it is a little more expensive than the one we chose. I did see the residents enjoying some of the activities offered. The staff we meet while we were touring were very friendly.

A Nice Community To Tour

This is a nice community to tour. Everybody was kind and friendly. The community appeared to be well-kept, from what I saw it looked nice and clean. The staff was nice and informative, my questions were answered. It was a good tour, but it just wasn't the place for my mother.

The staff treat resident as an individual!!!

The staff do whatever it takes to help the residents. I have not tried the food but after looking at the menu and walking by the dining room it looks good and they have a good variety. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

My Mom has been in Memory Care for six months. This is a beautiful facility and has the atmosphere of a four star hotel. The first month was rough, but after that point the transition smoothed out. The staff was very helpful in supervising this transition period both for her and myself. Only on occasion she experiences a rough day. Over all I have been happy with the facility, staff, care, food service, and general care of the building. The chef is great! I did meet with a corporate representative supervising this facility, she was very receptive of several concerns. I noticed these were addressed and taken care of immediately. As with all geriatric facilities one must keep in touch, making sure your loved one is getting the care you want for them and pay for.

Still Working On Getting Better

I have my mom staying at this community and so for the transition has been good and the staff are good people and willing to try to make my mom happier. It took a month to get things straightened out for the care and attentiveness towards Mom. I feel there is a difference between the assisted living and memory care residents. I would like to see more interaction for the memory care floor. Overall Mom is doing great and I just want to point out to make sure you stay on top of things when moving your loved ones into any community.

Mom And Dad Are Being Cared For Well

My parents are doing well here and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. The community is very well-kept, they do a good job with keeping their room and the facility nice and neat. The staff is great, they have been good to work with. My parents have tried a few activities. They serve good means, my parents like the food. I know they are safe and in good hands. I would recommend this community.

Amazing 5 Star Assisted Living and Memory Care Center

I have looked at many facilities to place my husband in and High Pointe shines above the rests. The place is very clean and the staff are thoughtful and helpful to my husband. The administrated staff helped me get my husband into our van when I was taking him to a doctor appointment. The staff does laundry and assist my husband with whatever he needs. The food is EXCELLENT and the dinning room is like a 5 star hotel. I saw a resident from the previous care center my husband was in now at High Pointe. She never talked to anyone, She is now at High Pointe and is caring on conversations with me and staff . I was TOTALLY AMAZED!!! If she has blossomed here any and everyone will. This is an AMAZING PLACE. Come and see for yourself.

Helpful Staff

My husband is doing pretty well here at HIghPointe some things are better than others. It is a nice looking community never had any concerns with that. The meals are okay some meals are better then others. It has been an okay experience so far the staff has been kind and helpful to us with everything. This is a community that I would recommend to family and friends.

It's been fine. It's clean and the staff is friendly.

It's been fine. My mom has gotten pretty well settled in here. It's clean and the staff is friendly. We haven't had any major concerns so far.

This is a nice place with nice décor. The staff is friendly and helpful. There have been some communication issues with the staff and the family, but we think it is resolved now. They are nice, but could use improvement.

Nice place, but cleaning service could be more reliable

We have used HighPointe Assisted Living for respite care a few times, and overall I think they do a good job. It's a nice looking facility, the staff is friendly, and they do a good job with the food. Our loved one always enjoys herself during her stays. However, I've noticed that the cleaning service can be very inconsistent. Sometimes it is fine, but she had a stay where I don't think her room was cleaned once for the whole 2 1/2 week period.

Nice Facility, but not responsive

HighPointe Assisted Living is a very nice facility, but the staff members there, especially the administration department, is not very responsive to the family needs. I would rate it four - stars overall.

Annette Hunt

I want to thank you for your review of HighPointe Assisted Living and Memory Care. I would like to apologize that you are feeling that our team members and administration are not responsive to your family’s needs, that is never our intention. I would like to personally invite you to meet with me and discuss where you think we can improve. Please feel free to email or call me to set a time to meet, I would really like to resolve any issues you may be having.

Warm regards,
Annette Hunt
Executive Director
HighPointe Assisted Living and Memory Care

Accommodating

They have done very well at trying to accommodate my father who has Alzheimer and keeping him within the assisted living part of the facility. But they are moving him to the memory care now because it is beginning to cost too much.

Very nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was new looking, well kept, and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, my loved one was a bit beyond the level of care they provide here. It is definitely worth a look for those looking into assisted living, however!

Unfortunately we didn't get to stay long, but we loved the place.

very nice

Their admission paperwork needs to be condensed. Instead of having to sign twenty different sections. When you are doing that and having to fax it all back and forth, it can be a pain.

Beyond that everything has been great. Their 24/7 front desk staffing is a real plus. The dining experience is very nice as well - always easy for family members to drop in and share a meal. The dining service can be a little slow at times though. But I think that's not an issue for the residents that live there.

The building is beautiful and the care is great.

I took a tour here, and now we are on the waiting list. I was very impressed with the fact that the person that I worked with, Connie, remembered working with my mom's first cousin about ten years ago and placing her in a sister community. The building is beautiful and the care is great.

I thought they were very nice.

I thought they were very nice. I feel like their assessment wasn't very thorough. I feel like I was very clear about the needs and challenges of my loved one. They assured me that they would be able to handle the challenges and meet our needs but they were not able to do so. I feel like they need easy residents, like they are more of a light assisted living.

Mom loves Highpointe!

My mother had a terrible fall and broke her arm. While mom was in rehab, the family decided to start looking at assisted living. I toured several places and then I toured with Tina at the community, she was wonderful! There are 4 siblings and we had lots of questions and concerns. She showed us around and was very helpful. We decided to bring my mom to tour and have lunch. At first mom was not on board, but Tina introduced her to other residents and mom decided she would give it a try. Mom has been at Highpointe now for 3 months and She loves it.

Nice place, overall!

Overall things have gone well with HighPointe Assisted Living. It is a nice looking, clean community, and the staff all seem very friendly! The one big issue my loved one has complained about is that the dining room service can be very slow. They are a fairly new community, and they may not have their process down pat yet, so we're hoping the dining service speed will improve given time!

HighPointe Assisted living is a great...

HighPointe Assisted living is a great place. The experience has been ok. We're still trying to iron out some minor medical issues. Besides that, all is going good.

Highpoint is horrible!!! My grandmoth...

Highpoint is horrible!!! My grandmother was there for only one hour and ended up falling and being hospitalized. They would not help her, they would not go evaluate her to see if she was a good fit afterwards, they would not refund us the down payment of $2,000. It was horrible.

They are doing a really good job.

They are doing a really good job. They were one of the least expensive options we reviewed. It's new and clean and nice. They definitely have a daily activities schedule, but it's up to the resident to participate. They gave a tremendous amount of service and assistance with moving my mother. All I had to do was give them the contact numbers and they would call and get the paperwork set up. It was great!

This group has memory and a...

This group has memory and assisted living brand new decent prices but big charges for addl services.

spectrum retirement - same ...

spectrum retirement - same company as Lincoln meadows where they are on the waiting list for independent care - have assisted living -

Great community!

Our experience with HighPointe has been great so far. The atmosphere is very welcoming, the facility has a bright and cheery environment, and the food is wonderful. The staff is very involved as well. We have not had much experience with the activities available so far, so we are not completely sure what all is offered. Otherwise, we have loved it so far!

Very nice community

Mom really likes it here! The folks here really are wonderful, friendly, and caring. I am very confident in their skills and overall competence. The move-in was warm and welcoming, and the surroundings are beautiful.

It is a lovely, well planne...

It is a lovely, well planned facility, but it is just beginning to fill up for memory care and there were only two residents. Since we are looking for respite care, we decided to chose a place that had more residents for the activities.