Serenity House I - Denver, CO

A Tour We Had

I liked the tour I took, it was good and the guide took his time talking about the community. They did have a good set up and it looked nice. We saw a private room but my mom did like having to share the bathroom with other residents and she did not have enough room to walk around if she wanted.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for providing this review.

exemplary

The staff at Serenity House I are just exemplary. My in-laws do not participate in many activities but they did go on a field trip recently and really enjoyed it. The staff at this facility is very well trained, calm, and caring. They really know how to handle any bad situations that may come up.

Michael Zislis

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We are happy to provide assisted living services to your in-laws.

Mike Zislis

She is doing well here!

Overall I think they do a good job at Serenity House. My loved one hasn't been here long, but I think she has shown a lot of improvement since moving in. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff all seem very friendly. They are definitely worth a look if you're searching for care in the area.

Michael Zislis

Thank you so much for allowing us to provide assisted living services to your family member. Please let us know if you have any specific requests that would improve the experience.

Seemed like a nice place, did not work out for us

Serenity House seemed like a nice place overall, but unfortunately it didn't end up being a good fit for Mom. I wish they had been a bit more thorough with their assessment, as initially they thought they could handle her but they told us we would need to find somewhere else only a few days after moving her in. For those whose care needs do meet what they are able to provide I'm sure they would do an excellent job, however.

Michael Zislis

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review. We will continue to do pre-admission assessments and work to make the best determination regarding the placement location.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Mike

Blessed to have Serenity House!

We are blessed to have our mother reside at the Carter House, one of the Serenity Homes. Our mom is happy, and is well cared for at this home, and it is a home, not a nursing care facility. We know our mom is safe, has delicious meals prepared for her, and participates in interesting activities appropriate for a senior her age. The caregivers are knowledgeable, kind and very friendly. We could not be happier with Mike Z. and his staff running the Serenity Homes. We are lucky!

Michael Zislis

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. It is an honor and privilege to provide assisted living care for your mother. Please let us know if you should ever have any requests in the future.

We love it here!

We love it here! There's really no specific areas of improvement, so we are very pleased! The one complaint my loved one has would be about the food. However, we really liked that it's more of a home environment here, since that was really important to my loved one.

Michael Zislis

Thank you for taking the time to do this review. It is an honor and privilege to provide assisted living care for your loved one. We are committed to providing excellent care including well balanced and delicious meals. We will review the menu and food preparation. When you have a moment, please get in touch with Sonia at [removed] to discuss any requests or suggestions. Thanks so much.

Very nice community!

Unfortunately my loved one was only here a short time, but from my tour and the work we did getting her moved in I was very impressed by what I saw here. The owner and his administrators are all wonderful, friendly people. Sonya, one of the administrators, helped me work up a personalized care plan for my loved one that I was very excited to see in action. The owner, Mike, is a physical therapist and really places a lot of emphasis on a rigorous fitness program for the residents. He really took a personal interest in my loved one, her needs, and how his facility could best assist her.
Since this is a smaller residential community all of the residents get a lot of individual care and attention.
The only negative I can think of is that my loved ones personal bedroom was on the smaller side.

Michael Zislis

Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity to care for your family member and taking the time to provide your review.
Best wishes.

Mike

Serenity House Assisted Living, winner of the State Health Department “Best Practice” award is one of the largest residential care home providers in Colorado. With 16 homes in the Denver metropolitan area, Englewood, Centennial, Lakewood, and Littleton, Serenity House is in the unique position of being able to offer its residents the best of all worlds----a small, intimate residential living environment along with the policies, procedures, structure and stability that come with having 120+ total beds.

Serenity House, which has been in business since 1998, is operated by Michael Zislis, PT, a licensed physical therapist with over 30 years of experience in rehabilitation. Serenity House has the full spectrum of assisted living services available, including assistance with mobility, medications, incontinence management, personal hygiene, meals, laundry, housekeeping and hair care services. All of the homes are wheelchair accessible and have on-call in house physician and nursing services.

Serenity House is uniquely positioned to provide its residents with a variety of activities that are designed to be enjoyable as well as to enhance independence. Our award winning Activity Director and her staff organize both in-home activities and community outings in the Company’s new fully accessible 15 passenger bus. Each of the homes has a computer station with internet connectivity, a vegetable/flower garden and large screen HDTVs with gaming systems for the enjoyment of our residents.

Inquire now and become a member of the Serenity House extended family.