Serenity House Assisted Living Applewood - Lakewood, CO

I really liked this home. It was clean and comfortable. The caregiver who gave the tour was kind and very helpful. I did get a very good feeling about the great care taken with the residents. I may be just the place I'm looking for, for my Dad.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your review.

It seems pleasant here

I don’t have any complaints about Serenity House. I think things are going as well as they can be. My Aunt looks good health wise and she’s definitely eating better. The staff seems to be knowledgeable about the type of care that she needs and they all seem to be pretty friendly. They also seem to be good at being able to redirect the residents with dementia if they get upset. I don’t have any concerns about her or any of the other residents. The facility always looks really nice to me. The bathrooms are always clean, the laundry is always done, and overall they seem to be keeping on top of everything.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for providing your review. Please let us know if you ever have any special requests.
Mike Zislis

This is a wonderful home setting

This is a very nice home and the setup for the 12 residents works so well. My mother-in-law has a nice shared room and she likes her roommate. The meals here are all homemade, the grounds are beautiful with a covered patio, a walking path and all of it fenced in and secured so I do not have to worry about her safety.
They have to activity sessions one in the morning and one in the afternoon, they do field trips for those who want to go so they do a lot to keep their residents busy all day long. We are so very pleased with the care here.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for providing your review. We are happy to provide assisted living for your family member. Please let us know if you ever have any suggestions or special requests.
Note: If you can, please provide your review under Serenity House Assisted Living: Hoyt Street, Lakewood. This is the 12 resident home.

Nice Home, needed some help.

My dad stayed here 4 yrs ago and died there. The staff was very nice., however they were from different countries so he had problems understanding them. Also, the food was not good. They would have hot dogs and chips for lunch, sandwich's, etc. It wasn't a lot of healthy food.
I felt the care was good. I think they were kind to him and [Removed], the owner was very nice to us.
I felt they could use more staff or at least volunteers. There are many people who want to volunteer after retiring and they could have helped staff with non medical things.
The house and rooms were very clean. It was a nice home.

Michael Zislis

Thank you for providing your review. Our menus have been reviewed by a Registered Dietitian however we will check with staff to insure that they are following the structured menus. It is important that we cater the meal requests of the residents while having a balance of healthy foods from each food group. Our staffing of the home is fluid based upon the care needs of the residents as well as the participation of outside agencies such as hospice. We routinely conference with staff to insure that the care needs of each resident is being well met. We welcome volunteers and feel that it benefits the experience of our residents. Thanks again for providing your review.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide!!

The tour guide was attentive with me and answered any questions or concerns that i had. I was able to see some of the bedrooms available the rooms were very spacious. The community was open and transparent. The residents looked like they were well taken care of. There are activities offered and meal plans.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for providing your review.

Serenity House

Serenity House has been great for us. While my mother has only been there a couple of months, we know she is being well looked after. The facility is clean and well managed. It is also very homey which was important for us. Since the homes are smaller and have less residents we feel Mom gets the special attention that she needs. The meals are very nice as well. We are very happy with our choice.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for providing your review.

My Loved One Enjoyed It

Serenity House Assisted Living did a good job. They did pull a fast one at the end of my father-in-laws life. They wanted hospice to assess him. When I talked to that hospice he didn't qualify and that was on a Wednesday. On Thursday they brought in a different hospice and said he did quality. I just think they were a little sneaky. He went downhill fast. [removed] We knew he didn't have a lot of time left because of his dementia but he went downhill faster than expected. Up until that time we were were very pleased with the facility. My father-in-law enjoyed it there.

Michael Zislis

Thank you for providing your review. It was the opinion of one hospice agency that your father-in-law did not meet their criteria for admission however, the other hospice agency determined that he was a candidate for hospice. We were so fortunate to have the hospice team available while your father-in-law was in our home. They provided invaluable care support.

highly recommended

My mom was there for over a year and received great care from them. I would highly recommend them.

Michael Zislis

Thank you for providing this review. Please let us know if you have any special requests.

MIke Zislis

Very well run facility

Serenity House is absolutely fantastic place, for a number of reasons. The owner is a physical therapist himself, so he really know his stuff. This facility, and all of his others, are tremendously organized and well staffed. The people they have worked here are caring, attentive, and they do their best to make sure that the residents stay active and involved. I highly recommend this place!

Michael Zislis

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your family member's stay with us the best possible.

Very Comforting

The Serenity House Assisted Living Applewood is very comforting. The facility is nice and clean. The staff is very friendly and nice. My loved one will be moving in soon.

Michael Zislis

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. Pleae let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your family member's stay with us the best possible.

Mike

Great small, intimate place for loved ones with dementia.

We looked for several months till we found Serenity House for my father-in-law, who had dementia. I had never heard of a "group home" for dementia patients. They were less expensive than your bigger assisted living homes, and much more personalized. This location was good for our family, because our loved one was close to our home. We were able to be as active as we could in his care. They are very welcoming, and truly care about the services provided. They offer transportation to and from doctor visits, and they have outings twice a month, mostly to a local restaurant. They also have people come in to give haircuts and manicures and pedicures for a very reasonable price. The caregivers make homemade meals three times a day, do laundry daily, help with personal care. After looking a several places and what they had to offer, Serenity House was definitely the right place at the right time.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for providing this review. Please let us know if you ever have any special requests.

Mike

Didn't Seem Like There Was Enough Staff

This was one of the first places I looked at and I wasn't really sure what all I was looking for at that time. It seems like they only had one person there for too many people. I just wasn't sure that they had enough people taking care of the residents there. That was my feeling. Supposedly they had two there during meal times and bedtimes but two people for 8, maybe it's adequate but it depends on how much help they need. If everyone needed a lot of help, I just can't imagine how they would do it.

Michael Zislis

Thanks for provideing your review. We look closely at the care needs of our residents on an ongoing basis and insure that there is enough staff available. If it is determined that resident care needs are increasing, we will provide additional staff as necessary to insure high quality care.

A Place for Mom was a miracle worker

We needed to find a place for my mother asap. She had been in the ER/hospital since Saturday night and could not go back to her assisted living facility. I called A Place for Mom late Sunday night.

Lynnette put me in contact with Serenity House and they came to visit with Mom that morning. We were able to have her placed in a warm home environment on Tuesday. They have been wonderful and caring. They were so thorough and concerned with setting up her care.

We are very happy with our experience so far.

Michael Zislis

Thank you so much for sending this review and allowing us to provide assisted living services to your family member. Please call any time if you have any special requests.

Caring, Loving and Fun Staff

The care givers are what really sold me on this community. They are just such a caring, loving, and fun group of people. The way they interact with the residents really shows the passion they have for their jobs and how much they really care about the residents here. The food smells really good and my loved one has not complained about it so it must be good. Overall we are happy with Serenity House.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for sending this review and allowing us to provide assisted living services to your family member. Please let us know if you have any special requests.

We did like the home

We did like the home

Michael Zislis

Thank you for providing your review.

This is a Residential Care Home - own...

This is a Residential Care Home - owned by Michael Zisliss. He owns 14 of these homes in town. He does a great job. He has some homes that are secure, some that are not. He has 20+ years experience in Physical Therapy, he does a great job with residents and care, and a room here could be around $3500/month. He does roll to Medicaid.

Michael Zislis

Thank you for providing this review. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to optimize your experience.

Serenity House Assisted Living, winner of the State Health Department “Best Practice” award is one of the largest residential care home providers in Colorado. With 16 homes in the Denver metropolitan area, Englewood, Centennial, Lakewood, and Littleton, Serenity House is in the unique position of being able to offer its residents the best of all worlds----a small, intimate residential living environment along with the policies, procedures, structure and stability that come with having 120+ total beds.

Serenity House, which has been in business since 1998, is operated by Michael Zislis, PT, a licensed physical therapist with over 30 years of experience in rehabilitation. Serenity House has the full spectrum of assisted living services available, including assistance with mobility, medications, incontinence management, personal hygiene, meals, laundry, housekeeping and hair care services. All of the homes are wheelchair accessible and have on-call in house physician and nursing services.

Serenity House is uniquely positioned to provide its residents with a variety of activities that are designed to be enjoyable as well as to enhance independence. Our award winning Activity Director and her staff organize both in-home activities and community outings in the Company’s new fully accessible 15 passenger bus. Each of the homes has a computer station with internet connectivity, a vegetable/flower garden and large screen HDTVs with gaming systems for the enjoyment of our residents.

Inquire now and become a member of the Serenity House extended family.