Applewood Our House - Golden, CO

A very excellant Assited Living House

I have had the pleasure of having a one on one with Applewood Our House at Yank St. for the past 3 years. They are wonderful with the people and couldn't ask for better care of the people in their care. They come to love our loved ones as their own, and take the worry away from the family knowing their loved ones are safe and cared for. I have enjoyed the Holiday's there for the last 3 years and volunteer every year to help prepare the feast for at least 2 of their houses. Great food! The staff is a great support for the family as a trying time in their life. I would recommend the Applewood Our House organization at the top of the list to visit.

Applewood Our House is exceptional

Our family could not be more grateful for finding Applewood Our House. It is exceptional on all fronts. The staff work as a unified team to provide support for the clients in their care.

Applewood Our House is a major step up from the former place that we had placed our father. The house is like a regular home environment. We have been very satisfied.

Applewood Our House experience

I placed my mother at Applewood Our House in 8/2012. I believe the care she rec'd was adequate, but the communication from the Administrator, Sheryl Kysar, was very poor. There were many occasions that I would call, leave a message and never would receive a return call. I would have to catch Sheryl, in person, at the facility in order to talk to her and then she would seem very rushed and not willing to give me the time and attention I was seeking. I wanted to get periodic updates on how my mom was doing, how she was adjusting and her emotional welling and never rec'd that information.
I noticed on several occasions that the caregivers were outside in the back yard smoking cigarettes while some of the residents were getting into trouble inside the facility. I would walk over and help the residents on some occasions when I saw they were having trouble walking, etc.. I witnessed on several occasions when my mother needed to go to the bathroom (she was in a wheel chair at the end) and I would have to seek a caregiver to help her.
When I first placed my mother at Applewood, I called Sheryl Kysar one evening and was very upset and needed to talk to Sheryl. When Sheryl answered the phone, she abruptly said: "I am having dinner with my family and cannot talk now. I will call you tomorrow." I never rec'd a phone call back from Sheryl. That incident always made me question the care my mom was receiving. I requested that my mom be walked around the backyard because I felt she was sitting too much and I never saw that requested happen.

Taking care of a loved one with Alheimer's disease or dementia is a job for professionals. No matter how hard you try, eventually the burden of providing round-the-clock care for a loved one with Alzheimer's becomes to much. Eventually, you will admit that is is best to find a place that can provide the kind of care that your loved one needs. You need to find a place that specializes in providing care for seniors with Alzheimers, dementia or similar types of medical issues. Fortunately, Applewood Our House is there to help you and your loved one in your time of need. Applewood Our House has assisted living homes in Golden, Lakewood and Arvada, Colorado. At Applewood Our House we understand the unique needs of our residents suffering from Alzheimer's or dementia. All of our staff members are dedicated and highly trained in caring for people with Alzheimer's, dementia and similar medical issues. when it comes to taking care of your loved one's we understand that you want the best care available. We provide care 24 hours a day. Our staff members work eight hour shifts, so they are always well rested and energetic. Our staff members are dedicated to providing the highest level of care to our residents. In addition to providing tending to our residents medical needs, we also make sure that our residents are well fed. All of our meals are created by a dietitian. Meals can be customized to meet the particular needs of each and every one of our residents. Meal times are an enjoyable time for our residents where they have the opportunity to share stories and socialize with the rest of the group. Applewood Our House is dedicated to helping our residents live their lives to the fullest. Our motto is ""Where new memories begin."" Call us to arrange a tour of one of our assisted living homes in Colorado.