Serenity Blenheim Independent Living Inc. - Blenheim, ON

Great Place

Very impressive. Visited this place for my mother. Prices can’t be beat in comparison to others. The Owners and staff seem to be very engaged with the residents and the home has a family feel to it. Not sure about other reviews but the new owners must have cleaned the place up because it’s very lovely. My mother loved it and has decided to move in.

I would not recommend this facility. Started out horribly and only got worse. The sidewalk and driveway were not shoveled or salted. An employee was yelling at a resident when I arrived. The entryway has very slippery ceramic tile that is a slip hazard. The place had strong fragrance that people with fragrance sensitivities would not be able to handle. The room had a bare stained mattress with dirty bedding balled up on the floor. Although it seems like a budget price you pay for everything extra, including hydro to have air conditioning. Should be condemned. Seemed more like a [Removed] then a place to put your loved one.

A Place NOT for Mom

I believe I already wrote a review about this place. I didn't like it. The kind of residents there I didn't want my mother to be around. The halls had a smell to them. They even allowed a resident to smoke in his room.

The place is more suited for low-income people. Some of the residents looked rough-looking; not the type of people I want my mother to be around. They had one resident there who smoked in his room. The place didn't smell clean; had an odor to it.