Torrey Pines House of Bread - Chesterfield, MI

Kudos to the staff

The staff and owners are like family...you can drop in any time and you have the feeling like your part of the family. The good is homemade and residents always get enough to eat. Torrey Pines is just down the street from my home so I am always stopping by to see my mom. I'm not sure of the day-to-day activities because I usually stop in during the afternoon. I just wish the deck was in better shape so all can enjoy sitting out in the sun to get their daily dose of Vitamin C. Price is comparable to other private facilities. God Bless+ all those who work with the elderly because it takes a very special person to take on those with dementia😊

This is a very nice home

My mother-in-law had a very hard time accepting that she could no longer live in her own home and she fought her son all the way. Now with the help of the staff, who stay in constant touch with us on her good days and her bad days, she is slowly coming around, she has made a friend and she likes her room. She has even started to like when my husband comes to see her twice a week. This is a beautiful home setting, the food is all home cooked and delicious, the location is perfect for our family members and we know she is safe here. The staff has been so wonderful in helping us help her and I would definitely recommend them to everyone.

Torrey Pines the perfect ome for Mom

I am totally impressed with the cleanliness of the facility. The owners and staff are very concerned about the welfare of their residents....they treat the residents like loving family members. The food is home cooked and the resident's are always helped with their needs. The bedrooms are need and clean, the resident's are always kept clean. I am very satisfied and my family are pleased with the care my mom is receiving. Thank you, Debt of a Place for Mom for suggesting Torrey Pines House of Bread for my mother. God Bless+

Wonderful people they are very helpful.

Never will i ever let my m...

Never will i ever let my mother ever live here.

A wonderful alternative to nursing home placement

Our mother had been residing at a senior independent living apartment complex, but due to the progression of her dementia she was unable to manage independently any longer. We moved our mother to Torrey Pines House of Bread in early May. Although it is always stressful for residents and family members to make a transition such as changing living conditions, Alex, Nellie and Chris, along with all the staff have been wonderful. The home is filled with comfort and love. It is warm and friendly and all staff is kind, gentle and caring. The home itself is newly renovated inside and is geared for seniors. It is impeccably clean and beautifully decorated. My mother has a room that is bright, cheery and filled with natural light. The residents eat 3 home-cooked meals a day and snack in between meals. My mother is clean, very well kept and her clothes are washed every day. There is a large but cozy living room with a large TV. There is no activity director at this time, but they have been doing activities with Mom to keep her busy and stimulated. At some time in the future I hope they have a activities director and transportation to take the residents out for field trips.

Overall, this has been a wonderful experience for Mom. She is calmer, less anxious and thriving well. We have finally relaxed, knowing she is being cared for in a professional but loving way. We highly recommend Torrey Pines House of Bread for other families looking for skilled and loving care for their loved one.

Nice, smaller community

This is a very nice, smaller community, and Mom has shown so much improvement since moving here. We moved her here from another community after it became obvious that they had taken a turn for the worse, and seeing how quickly Mom's attitude improved after moving somewhere with caring friendly staff was a huge relief.
The attitude of the staff here is more about what your loved ones needs rather than what it is their "policy" to provide, I also really like that they place a lot of emphasis on making sure Mom gets up for some amount of walking every day.