Prestige Commons - Chesterfield, MI

I'm very pleased with care. The staff is friendly and keeps me informed. Their kindness to the residents is genuine.

Has eased my mind

my dad is in the memory unit. LOVE it. They take very good care of him. He is participating in so many things that he didn't in his last place. They know how to encourage everyone to take part. With the memory unit things can come up. The staff knows how to handle it. I'm not getting a panic call cause they don't know how to handle it, like his other place. It has eased my mind on his care. I live on other side of state. And I'm kept well informed on what's going on with his care. Could't be happier with this place.

love it

One of the reasons I picked Prestige is because it is so close to home and also because it is small. I really liked the idea of the apartment she was able to get. Very desirable. Besides these reasons and because I am there often, I see the genuine care, respect and gentleness each resident is given. Helping them in a respectful way when that resident is having a hard time. Every person from the Director [Name removed] to people in the kitchen give the same way make Prestige Commons a real "Place for my mom"

I stopped into tour, i live in the community and tho i have no one to place here i wanted to check it out as i drive by alot. It was clean, bright and everyone was so nice. Im glad I got to check it out.

I recently toured in this facility. It seemed like a nice facility with staff and residents, very comfortable. I would have choosen this facility but my sisters are in charge of moms care and they choose something else. thanks for allowing me in to look around.

Wonderful Place for Mom

I am so happy that we were able to find a place that is a perfect fit for Mom!

The staff is wonderful and patient. Mental and physical illness can, unfortunately, make Mom quite difficult to manage. The caregivers at Prestige Commons give her great support and really try to make a difference in her life. I can actually say she is happy there.

The facilities are nice and nice, well-maintained facility

[name removed] and all the staff at Prestige really stepped up in a emergency situation when moms assisted living closed. The care and concern she received at Prestige Commons was wonderful . Thank you to all

Appt was cancelled due to employee needing to attend a funeral. Understandable, but unfortunate no other employee could show me around. Trina called for follow-up. She was very nice, but the place was too expensive for what my mom needed.I would have given a higher mark had I gone in for a visit.

trina anderson

I am very sorry this happened to you, sadly in this industry these hiccups happen, i would like to extend to you to still tour so you can see our community. Feel free to contact Trina at the facility. Thanks.

Really nice and clean

Really nice and clean community. Very friendly staff. They provided answers to all of my questions. Plenty of activities provided. We would have loved to stay there, but at the time there was no room available.

One of My Tours

I had a nice tour of the community. I saw the rooms and accommodations for the residents. The PR was professional and gave me the time that was needed to get answers and see the facility. It seemed like a nice place but I felt they were not a good fit because of the stairs inside.

A Good Facility But Needs More Certified Staff

Everything is good, the place is clean, and the majority of the staff are friendly. When you walk in, there is no odor. The activities coordinator is good. However they are little under-staff in the dementia unit. I notice a lot of turnover and the new staff don't know what to expect. I think the staff should get more familiar with one unit before moving into a different area. I feel there needs to be more skilled staff with better training with a supervisor for each shift. It is odd to see the residents' medications getting passed out.

My father's good care

I am happy with the care my father is getting at this community. The staff are very caring and attentive. The meals that are served are outstanidng. They do offer my father nice activities for him to participate with the other residents. We are happy that this a clean community. We highly recommend the care and value for other families.

Not the atmosphere we were looking for...

We toured this community when looking for a place for my mom. Everyone was very nice. We didn't like that the it felt institutional. It was also more expensive than other communities in the area.

Supportive during a very difficult time.

My husband was only here for five days before his passing. They sent a large flower arrangement to the funeral and the directer of the community even showed up to the funeral. They are very kind and supportive people. I'm thankful they were so understanding during this difficult time.

Work on the staff!

The staff here does seem fair. The thing is that some of the aides are not doing anything and certainly not the job they should be. The community is kept clean all the time. The food I would have to say is okay.

Very nice place. They can accommodate both parents in the same room. The staff were so caring. I Really liked it . And the price for both was reasonable.

Happy at Prestige Commons

Our family member has been at Prestige Commons for just two weeks now. As far as we can tell, she is getting very good care. She is happy and in her own words "I love it here". I think that should just about sum it up. Everyone has been very helpful, accommodating, and very courteous, no matter how many times I've had to call with questions. We would definitely recommend Prestige Commons to anyone that has a loved family member who can no longer live on their own, or if it's too difficult for family members to take care of their loved one.

Peace of Mind

I don't feel my husband has been a resident of Prestige Commons long enough to give a true and accurate portrait of the facility. To begin with, though, our reactions have been positive. The staff is very thorough and always on call. My husband has really enjoyed the activites and they are varied, from playing bingo to doing an acrylic painting. I would definitely recommend the facilities to others and I am grateful to A Place for Mom for their recommendation. I do not worry at all about my husband I believe he is well cared for.

Clean and reasonable priced

Place for Mom was a really helpful and finding a place for my husband. All the places they gave me to look at were reasonable and clean.

Above and Beyond my expectations!

We moved our Mother into Prestige Commons and just can't believe how amazing everything has been! The staff are always willing to help in anyway they can and make us feel wanted! I would recommend Prestige Commons to anybody and we are very happy we found this place to call home for our Mom.

Very nice, but......

The facility is beautiful. The activity rooms are very nice. They have a lot of activities available for the residents. But my mother and I didn't realize the food isn't restaurant style and home cooked. Apparently the facility uses Gordon Food Services for their meals. Some meals are ok, but some aren't. A couple of times they have had no milk for breakfast and dinner. I think that's unacceptable. My mom has had some difficulty with the temperature in her small studio apartment. Most of the time it is very warm.
There are no individual thermostats in the rooms. Just a warm and cold knob which doesn't seem to work very well. If it continues to be a problem for my mother I've told her to address it to the office. And hopefully they can do something about it.

Review of Prestige Commons Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Chesterfield, MI

This facility was clean and attractive. However, it was very quiet when I was there; I saw no male residents there; and my impression was that my parents might be lonely and bored. I was there at 4pm, just before dinner, and perhaps residents were resting at that time of day...?

Nice facility. Close to our...

Nice facility. Close to our house. Very secure building.

Very nice, and priced very reasonably

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. It was a nice looking community, and everyone seemed very friendly We were very impressed by the care offered here, especially for the price, it seemed very cheap for the level of care they provided.

They did a good job, everyone was so nice to me.

They did a good job, everyone was so nice to me. I would recommend them, I would go there myself. The only suggestions I would give, is to maybe cut up some of the food, for those who are too embarrassed to ask, and if someone isn't doing well and they want to eat their dessert first, go for it. The other thing is that the dining room really is the common area. They have bingo twice a week, but other than that, they pretty much go their separate ways. It would be nice to have some more cozy areas for non structured socializing, like they have upstairs.

My mother is thrilled, she is very, very happy there.

My mother is thrilled, she is very, very happy there. We liked the smaller setting, with the more one to one care. They will let her know when the activities are and they will even go get her. She is happy with the food, and how attentive they are. They were able to work with our budget too. They do her nails for free if she wants to do that once a week. Everyone knows her and that's what we like about it.

Very nice place!

They've done a great job so far, we're very pleased with the service. I'd give them top marks across the board!
The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the services and activities they provide are very good. The staff are friendly, professional, and always willing to help.

This was a very nice facili...

This was a very nice facility. Everything had recently been updated and was very pleasing to the eyes. The facility was clean and the units were very nice. The only problem we had was the folks would have to be on the second floor all the time because the first floor was for those who required assistance all the time. There really was a garden area for them to walk around when the weather gets nice.

This place felt very homey. The staf...

This place felt very homey. The staff seemed happy and there were a lot of them

Prestige Commons offers a unique living environment with three distinct areas of senior care including semi independent, assisted living and memory loss care.

We are a full service facility offering 24 hour care and extensive on site services such as physicians visits, Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy. In addition we also have a beauty shop and we offer a diverse selection of social activities individualized to each resident.

Our goal is to offer the finest in senior care while maintaining care and compassion. We strive to preserve dignity and respect to each resident while providing a safe and secure environment. Our facility offers a quaint home like atmosphere nestled in a wooded area just minutes from the city of New Baltimore and the resort area of Anchor Bay.