Lake Huron Woods - Fort Gratiot Township, MI

In Laws Doing Well

My in laws is doing well since their move to this community. Everything is working out well, and we pleased with their move to this facility. We know they are safe, and in great hands. They have a good staff, and they are taking great care of them. Their next door neighbor is a friend they use to have in town. They provide nice meals, and offer good activities. It is a nice community, and we would definitely recommend it.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she has made the move into this community. The staff have been helpful with the transition and have accommodated our needs to the best of there ability. Her apartment has been a perfect fit for her and has all the amenities she will be needing. We have had a chance to try a few of the meals and those have been fine as well. I am looking forward to her future in her new living environment.

Hard to contact

I have called several times and left messages for both the General Manager and the Leasing Director. No one ever answers the phone nor returns my calls or responds to my messages. How do I get in contact with this facility???

Nicole Gourlay

At Lake Huron Woods we make every effort to communicate quickly and effectively with every inquiry. To that end, we are also in the process of modernizing our entire phone system to serve our customers better. We must of missed you during that change. We sincerely apologize. Feel free to call us at [removed] or email us at [removed]. We will be happy to assist you.

Not the right place for mom

It was very nice. As you might expect from a place like that people had been there for many years and had cliques. She had a difficult time making friends. She was very lonely. The apartments were wonderful, the food was good and the staff was very friendly. It was not fault to Lake Huron Woods it just wasn't a good fit for my mother.

Things are going really well

Things are going really well at Lake Huron Woods. He is adjusting much better than we ever thought he would. It turns out he needs to be at this facility even more than we thought he did. He has fallen several times and life alert has really helped him. We are very very pleased. He is getting out and talking with the women residents. I am very impressed with the services they provide. They have a Dr. that comes in and checks on the residents. I really like that, it's so convenient. Overall it has been a good experience.

Krista was an incredible presenter. Her knowledge, flow and presentable materials was second to none. The facility and the guests were very friendly and accommodating. The 1 bedroom was perfectly sized, had a very functional kitchen, nice wash room with a seated shower, low pile carpet that will be easy to walk over and not trip, terrific free space inside and out to mingle with the other guests and located in a secluded green space area with plenty of wildlife. Loved the property and amenities. Highly recommend.

The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is that the food quality is not the best.

Lovely place, friendly staff

I think they do a wonderful job at Lake Huron Woods. The facility itself is beautiful, well kept, and clean, and they have a lot to provide for their residents. The food is good, and they take care of all of the housekeeping and laundry. They're able to provide all of the medical assistance that my loved one needs. The residents here really don't have to worry about a thing!

I like that this facility i...

I like that this facility is independent to Asst. Living. Also, rent can be based on income as money is used. The place is very clean/neat. I like the set up and all the activities. This place is on the north end of town and a little further than Pt. Haven. I think that it would be easier to get around at Pt. Haven. This place is fairly new and looks it.