Independence Village of Avon Lake - Avon Lake, OH

High turnover of staff and place looked dirty; ant traps all over the place; residents looked dirty. They seem to cater to Independent & Assisted residents, Memory care residents not so much.

Erin Kessler

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in supporting all of our residents, with no preferential treatment to any one group or individual. Our Executive Directors meet with each resident one on one to ensure satisfaction; they are 100% focused on resident experience. We appreciate that you care so much for our residents and hope you reach out to the community directly so we can get better from your feedback.
Thank you.

Review of Independence Village

Very helpful. Willing to get whatever you need and want. Great, friendly place to live.

Review of Independence Village

This place is my home with lots of friends. The food is great and lots of variety, at different times. We had waffles and sausage early in the morning. We have breakfast as well as lunch and dinner...table cloths and flowers just beautiful. Very fancy!

Review of Independence Village

I visited many places before I chose this facility. I'm so glad I did! It's not the building, the surroundings but it's the people who work there! They treat all residents as if that's their family member. I can't say enough about all the employees!

Review of Independence Village

Need to have more help. Too much turn over.

Review of Independence Village

Staff is very friendly and helpful. It's very clean & has lots of activities very good choices for food almost like being on a cruise!

Review of Independence Village

Great staff, friendly residents, prompt services, clean+ well kept maintenance. Wonderful, food is improving, lobby + library drapes need updating. Having a "service" providing hard care has not turned out to be satisfactory. I am happy here! after 7 1/2 years.

Review of Independence Village

A good place to live. Right size, very clean - no odors. Plenty of activities. Help is adequate. food is mainly good - not always edible. I call it 'home'!

Review of Independence Village of Avon Lake - Avon Lake, OH

Beautiful, comfortable.

Review of Independence Village of Avon Lake - Avon Lake, OH

Very nice – friendly, helpful staff. Clean, comfortable, decorated well. Apartment is very nice. Lots of activities.

Check them out

Great place always looking to do better for all

Excellent – food could improve.

Dad moved into Independence Village August, 2016 and passed in June, 2017. He enjoyed the classes, the activities and the food. We found the staff caring and considerate. Nursing was efficient and concerned.
My niece worked there several years while in high school, and she was the catalyst for dad’s being there happily.

A wonderful place to be – they are helpful, clean and concerned about everyone.
Wish they would stop firing the good people as it makes such a difference when you fine people who are such wonderful employees. Stop changing kitchen chefs, a good one should stay as well as activities director and helpers and bus driver.

I have lived here almost 7 years. This is a clean, safe and friendly place to live.
We are having attractive renovation at present and are looking forward to more.
There are many activities to fit everyone’s desires.
The food was slipping but has been improving.

I love Independence Village. I’m Concerned about a lot of “change over” in managerial. Why?
I’m very disappointed in the new brochure. If I had to choose a place to live, by just reading about it, I would not be inclined to choose Avon Lakes Independence Village. Having said that I did visit lots of places and Independence won. Also won with my family.

Friendly & clean

When I toured everyone was friendly and nice, residents and staff alike. It was homey and clean.

From the greeting at the door to the nurses, aides, housekeeping, activities persons and others I always felt like a family member. People treated us like me were part of their family. It was casual and comfortable every time I visited my sister in Story Point unit for people with memory loss.

Village staff very helpful and respectful!
Meals well prepared and serving assistants neat, polite and accommodate requests in a willing manner.

My husband and I have visited over a half dozen senior homes to find the best housing for our aging parents. From the interview process on, we are so happy with Independence Village in Avon Lake, Ohio. The administration, nurses, staff and aides are the best! We always tell our friends to send their parents there too!

All staff members when I encountered were very welcoming and professional. The facility was extremely clean and nicely decorated. There was at atmosphere of energy and comfort. Residents seemed very much and home and proud to be members of the community. I only wish I could afford to live in such a great place.

Really good place!

The community was nice and we liked it. I thought that the staff were very helpful and very nice. The community looked clean and neat and kept up. They just did not provide the care that my mom needed.

Loved One is Well

My loved one is doing very well since her move to this community. It is a good place, and we are comfortable with her move to this community. The community looks good, and clean. The staff is very hard working. They are taking very good care of her. It is a community I would recommend. Everything has worked out great for us here.

Beautiful facility. Like being on a cruise ship without the water.

staff is tremendously helpful

The staff is tremendously helpful at Independence Village of Avon Lake. They go over and above what they should in dealing with the residents at this facility. They are just really good staff members. I have no complaints here.

I want my mom there for the memory care and it's still a little new and they're working the bugs out, but I really like it. I think all these places are expensive though, no matter where you go.

Friendly, social environment

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This community gave me a really good feeling. What stood out was that people seem more lively and happy, they were more content, it was just a more social environment in general. I saw the residents singing at dinner and having a good time.

Wonderful and supportive

We moved Mom into Independence Village one week ago and the facility and the staff have been over the top with support for my Mother and our family. The best decision we have ever made for Mom!! Thank you for guiding us to this wonderful facility!

Room for improvement

My loved ones have been at this community quite a while, and while they do an adequate job with the care I feel like they are just not up to par in many areas. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Good place for Mom

Mom has lived here several years and knows most of the staff. Her level of care has increased and she has been hospitalized several times. Sometimes they have staffing shortages with the aides and that impacts the level of services, but overall she has received good care and the meals are great! They are currently building a memory care wing and I hope she won't need it, but it's nice to know its there.

Extremely friendly staff

It was very nice but they didn't have the skilled nursing option. In terms of independent living however, they seemed very nice. We thought that the staff there was extremely friendly, it was probably the friendliest of the ones we looked at. A lot of that encouragement to take part in the extracurricular activities, the facility was very clean, it was newer and it was laid out extremely well.

Some staff problems

We liked most of the staff, we only had problems with one of the gals and unfortunately they couldnt either transfer her out of our section or they couldn't sub someone else and thats part of the reason why we left. We also had problems with management a little bit and butted heads a couple of times.

My parents needed to have 24 hour aids and management didnt like that I was bringing in an outside company but I didnt feel like they could handle my parents, they NEEDED 24 hours because theyre both fall risks and my dad couldnt leave his rehab facility until he had 24 hour aids.

They had good activities, the problem is, my parents are in their 90s and they were older than the other people so they were kind of a special case. My dad couldnt really particiapte and my mom wouldnt want to leave my dad so it was different for other people.

Top shelf. Definitely is the place fo...

Top shelf. Definitely is the place for my parents. Its only 10 min away we know the people that run it.

Already living here. Not enough super...

Already living here. Not enough supervision. Short staffed.

excellent. A little pricy, but worth ...

excellent. A little pricy, but worth it

Outstanding! Like being on a cruise s...

Outstanding! Like being on a cruise ship without the waves!

Very neat and clean. Residents seem ...

Very neat and clean. Residents seem very happy. Worried about level of care.

At Independence Village of Avon Lake, we are dedicated to providing our residents with top-of-the-line care while offering every opportunity to maintain independence and privacy. Choose from our luxurious one and two bedroom apartments and numerous care services, including: Independent Living, Independent Plus and Memory Care. See for yourself what makes our residents so happy and healthy by scheduling an appointment to Independence Village of Avon Lake.