Sentry Hill At York Harbor - York, ME

Friendly Tour

This was a nice and clean community. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The residents were very friendly and seemed so happy. We would have chosen this community had it been closer to our family members.

Mom Really Enjoys This Community

We are very pleased with this community, and everything they have done for us. My mother is enjoyed her time so much during her respite stay, that she has decided to move here. I feel a lot better knowing she is safe, and in good hands at this community. The staff is wonderful. This is a community that I would highly recommend.

Great service

Sentry hill is fabulous!
Mom is so happy
It is clean
Employees kind and helpful

Had tour in 2012. Love the in-town location near the water. Superb transition from Assisted Living to Medicaid. Only one unit seems to be in my price range. Publicity deceptive.

One on One attention

Clearly, the focus here is attention to everyone personally and with genuine intentions to help. The facility is wonderful and serene. Very peaceful.

A bright new chapter in mom's life.

Finding Sentry Hill for my mom was a huge relief. From the minute you step on the well manicured property and then inside the welcoming lobby layout your expectations soar. And once you meet staff members and managers, you can't help but feel Sentry Hill is professionally organized and run primarily for the benefit of the residents.
I know from the beginning the food has been a hit with my mom and she is receiving the level of care and support my brothers and I had hoped for.

Rod Ford-Smith

too soon to tell, but...

My mom has only been there a month so it may be too soon to tell, but so far here are my thoughts. I don't really understand their system. We put her there on doctors orders. Very expensive, and has only gone up. They charge more to help my mom find her way around. What assisted living means to them and what we thought we were getting are not the same.

Dick liked and was impresse...

Dick liked and was impressed with Mary Ellen Dunham at Sentry Hill.On the other hand I felt that she was doing this tour because her colleague had to be away and was not too happy about it. The interview/ tour lasted 40 to 45 minutes. She avoided answering any questions I asked about the cost of day care in the memory unit or the price of the different apartments. Stated she would address that later. We were shown the memory unit and the garden as well as a generalized tour of the facility. We did not meet any other staff members or residents. M.E. was pleasant, but 'too professional' for me. Sentry Hill is an impressive facility. We were not invited to lunch. Our appointment was at 11:00am. We did not look at any cottages as I felt they were beyond our price range.

It's been wonderful.

It's been wonderful. The staff is very friendly, and they keep it very clean. My loved ones love the food. We liked the location, and the fact that they were pet friendly. I would strongly recommend it, everyone from the beginning to the staff now has been great.

Activities

Overall, good. My sister has been there a little over a month and is "settling in". The staff is kind, and happy. They are open to suggestions. My only wish would be that they try to engage her more in more activities. They offer, she says "No thank you" and that seems to be the end of their efforts. I know they can't force her to do things but I am concerned that she spends too much of her day isolated in her room. She has been a very gregarious person most of her life and it is sad to see her this way.

Nice Place - Decent One Bed...

Nice Place - Decent One Bedroom - need to get a large on with a view. Concerned about changes in life forcing changes in apartment. Want to make sure that he can stay in the same unit until he needs a memory care situation.

Wonderful place, clean and very frien...

Wonderful place, clean and very friendly. Outreach coordinator was the best!

It is a palace.

It is a palace.

Sentry Hill at York Harbor is the preeminent retirement community in New England beautifully situated on 12 acres within easy walking distance of historic York Village and York Harbor. Designed after the style of the grand hotels of the 1890’s; senior living at Sentry Hill offers a retirement lifestyle of gracious comfort, peaceful surroundings, supportive services and comprehensive amenities designed for seniors.

This magnificent structure houses state of the art assisted living apartments, comprehensive health care units and a fully secured Memory Impairment Unit. The Inn at Sentry Hill contains 32 independent apartments that offer monthly rentals or co-op options.

For those who love the arts and enjoy theater we are fortunate to have the Portsmouth Music Hall, Ogunquit Playhouse, The Ogunquit Museum of American Art, The Portland Museum of Fine Art and The Merrill Auditorium within a close proximity to our campus.

Walking, hiking, playing golf and tennis, boating, antiquing, restaurants, parks, outdoor concerts and festivals are just a few other services available in the Town of York and its neighboring communities.