Langdon Place of Dover - Dover, NH

Everyone Smiles Here!

Back in early 2017, on the advice of our doctor and support of our children, daughter and son in law, my wife and I started to look for an independent/assisted living home. We looked at several but Langdon Place of Dover got and kept our attention. Why? THE STAFF!! An apartment is an apartment, a room is a room, etc., but the staff at Langdon Place of Dover makes this place!! If you can’t smile and have a positive attitude at all times, then you won’t work here. Why? The folks that live here!! It’s all here, medical problems, along with age. The need for a slow pace of living while at the same time someone is watching out for your welfare. Try pacifying over 100 folks at Langdon Place of Dover 24-7. It’s being done. And each and everyone here at Langdon Place of Dover has a smile on their face.

Susan Putney

Howard and Anne- Our staff enjoy having you both with us! You are always so complimentary and pleasant. It is a pleasure to take care of both of you. I hope you are both with us for a really long time.

My father's good care

We like the care her for my father. The staff is always caring. We like knowing that he is in a safe environment and happy. The menu is very good and he likes the nice variety. The activates are very good for him to stay active with the other residents. We would highly recommend this community for the good care and value for other families and their loved one.

Susan Putney

Thank you for the kind review. We love having your father with us and hope he is here for a long time to come! Thank you for putting your trust in us to take care of him!

Was impressed with the knowledgeable staff and the care they could provide. Was disappointed in the conditions of the room and facility. Needs updating..but still a very nice place.

Susan Putney

The building is 30 years old but is very well maintained. We are not the shiny new toy in town but many of our staff have been here 20+ years. We are now taking care of the third generations of some families which speaks to the quality of care our residents receive. Our staff work together as a well-oiled machine to ensure your loved ones receive top-notch quality of care which is at the top of the list for most people who tour and live here.

Helpful Staff!!

The staff at this community where very friendly to my loved one and I during our tour. They made sure to answer any questions we had for them and show us around the entire property. They had some great amenities available to the residents and everything was clean. The rooms where just to small for my mothers liking in the end decision.

Susan Putney

Perhaps your budget precluded you from seeing some larger apartments, but we do have apartments (2 BR Large) with 2 baths, large full service kitchens and walk-in closets. We hope you found a place for your loved one that works. If you need anything, be sure to check back with us to see if something larger is available.

A good visit

This looked like a nice clean community when we visited. The people I met were friendly. This is a larger community with three floors and I felt it would be to overwhelming for my loved one.

Susan Putney

We appreciated your consideration. Sometimes a smaller community is what a resident prefers. With a variety of sized apartments, a pool/jacuzzi and onsite therapy, we check off many boxes for potential residents.

Alright Tour

I had an alright tour of this community. I really care for some of a couple things. The tour guide was a it pushy, and I didn't like that. The tour was decent, but it wasn't the community for my mother, and her needs.

Susan Putney

We are never pushy on tours. Sometimes we have very limited inventory and may point out the need to make a decision sooner if we only have one of the apartments you might like. We often have two or three people looking at a single apartment and it's a first-come, first-served basis and cannot hold inventory without a community fee. But the decision is completely up to you. Hope you found the right place for your mother. Thank you for considering us.

Accommodating staff!

I would recommend the Langdon Place of Dover because they are treating my mother well. The place is clean and the staff is attentive. I haven't seen anything major that they could improve on since my mother has moved in.

Susan Putney

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to have your mother with us!

Langdon Place is the BEST place for Mom!!

Langdon Place of Dover is a top-notch facility! The entire staff is caring, compassionate, and professional in helping my Mom with her Activities of Daily Living and full medical management, and provides a safe and secure environment.
They are above all expectations I had when I moved my Mom here 11 months ago, and they continue to impress me with such kindness and friendly overtures. At 92 years of age and living with moderate ALZ, my Mom is not inclined to partake of all the diverse activities available, but she is so appreciative of the lovely, clean apartment she resides in, and keeps telling me she is so thankful for her beautiful unit!
My responsibility as POA for my Mom is eased by the staff's attentiveness and proactive approach to my Mom's needs. They communicate with me immediately when situations arise, and take the necessary time to review her needs with me. I finally sleep much better with the knowledge and confidence that Langdon Place is the BEST place I could have found for my Mom. I and all my family are extremely fortunate to have moved Mom here when we did; she is in truly good hands!!

Susan Putney

Thank you Mary for the kind review. We love having your mother with us. And she does have a lovely apartment! We are glad you chose Langdon Place of Dover for her!

Disappointing

The apartments (size, aesthetics, etc.) themselves are large, full of light and in "like-new" condition. And large.

The professional staff is less than empathetic (but rather condescending to residents. The maintenance personnel are not responsive and difficult to deal with. Quite the chip on their shoulders. The most "professional" staff members are the folks who clean the apartments.

Food is important in these places and the meals at this place are less than adequate. Constant kitchen and service turnover has caused problems in this area. A real disappointment.

Management is not willing to accept ideas, recommendation or ideas...very set in their ways. They seem mostly interested in squeezing money out of the residents.

The nursing staff, not so great unfortunately.

Susan Putney

Thank you for your review. If you have concerns about maintenance, you should let the staff know to make sure any issues are taken care of quickly. Did your loved one put in a maintenance request which is the quickest way to get it taken care of? As for food, did the resident go to the monthly meetings with the chef to voice any concerns about the menus? The head chef takes these comments very seriously. Also suggest you set up a meeting asap with the Admissions Director with your concerns or recommendations and she will take them to the appropriate individuals. FYI, the rates here have not gone up in the last 5 years, unlike most communities in the area. Nursing staff are very dedicated and care deeply for the residents.

Let's All Sing!

The staff at this community is amazing and super friendly. My loved one is very very happy at the community. The community also has a variety of activities to do. My loved one loves to sing with them. They also provide a good choice of food for my loved one. I would refer my friends and family to this community.

Susan Putney

Yes they do offer a lot of musical entertainment. The residents enjoy it so it happens almost weekly. Thank you for your review. We love referrals!

Not a good experience.

I was there 48 hrs after a hip replacement. it took 2 hrs for anyone to show up. Then the first night I got NOOO medications and ended up in severe pain which took 24 hours to recover from. The food is white bread and lots of carbohydrates. For the first 2 days they did not have a record of me so did not bring me food unless I called and asked for it then said that they had no food orders for me. It was all a terrible mess. I wonder how older people who are not able to advocate for themselves survive there. I would not recommend this place for anyone. N

Susan Putney

I appreciate your comments and will have somebody from our skilled side of the building respond to you. I cover the Assisted Living which is a different. I do know many times patients come into the skilled unit released from a hospital with medication to be taken only as needed. In those instances, they would not deliver the medications to you automatically. You would need to ask for them. The menus are varied. You have the same menu as on the Assisted Living side and there are various options available to you. Your diet however may have had some dietary restrictions from your physician which might have limited you to what you were allowed to eat. We do not hear complaints from our residents on the Assisted Living side and they have the same options in all our dining rooms including the rehabilitation unit you were in. If you would like to call us to discuss further, we would be happy to oblige.

Look at all then come home

My wife and I have lived here for 4 months, and we love it. The best thing is the staff, I never imagined being a at such a great place. The food is very good I would put it up against any fine dining restaurant, the baker does about unbelievable job. We visited places for 2 years before deciding on Langdon Place, and we picked the right place.

Susan Putney

Arthur, we loved having you and your wife here as well as Princess. You're right the food is very good. I know you did extensive homework before you moved in.

Look at all then come home

Mom Is Happy

My parents are doing very well at this community, my mother really likes it. The community looks great, they keep everything looking very nice and clean. The staff is wonderful, they are very helpful. They are trying new activities and getting involved in the community. The food is good, they enjoy the meals. They were very easy to work with and I would recommend it.

Susan Putney

Thank you for your review. The activities change regularly as new residents come in and request new things to do. Our Director of Dietary Services Michael has been adding new enhancements to the menu regularly and the residents love the changes. Housekeepers do an amazing job keeping the apartments and common areas clean and maintenance are quick to respond when residents need something hung or taken care of. Many of our staff have been here for 10+ years so they love what they do.

So far I would give it a thumbs up.

So far I would give it a thumbs up. I recently spent a few days there and it was great. I would give it a five.

Susan Putney

We love five-star reviews. We loved having you here. Come back again to visit or stay with us again!

Not what I want for my mom;...

Not what I want for my mom; more clinical than home-like. If or as her care needs changed, she would have to be moved around. Not interested.Also, I walked around in a building for 15 min without crossing paths with a single staff member.

Susan Putney

Did you know that you no longer have to move if you need more care? You can come in at our residential care level which is very low level assistance and as you need more care, you stay in your same apartment. Most likely when you were here, our staff were assisting residents in their apartments or suites. We invite you to come back to retour. Our apartments are very comfortable and just like home. Residents can come and go as they like (we do like them to sign out so we know when they are offsite) but the apartments and suites are not "clinical". Our short term rehabilitation center is more clinical as they are working with patients who have just come from hospitals to get them stronger and back on their feet and into their apartments or homes.

Their communication during intake could be better.

Their communication during intake could be better. Knowing what to expect when coming, we could not move on a Saturday, and had I known that we would have made other arrangements. We ended up having to do everything on a Weekday, and pay for an extra day that we weren't there. We pay out of pocket so that is frustrating. I haven't really had any complaints. They keep it very clean and they are quick to respond to needs or concerns.

Susan Putney

Hi Liz. This move was before I got here. The main reason we like to move people in during the week is because it makes for a smoother transition for the resident. We have more staff during the week and more people to help them get acclimated. They usually have a million questions and we're here to help them. Most facilities prefer to do weekday moves for the same reason. A smoother transition for your loved one is our primary concern and focus! If you have any concerns or questions, please come by the Admissions office to speak with me when you are in the building.

We liked this community and almost chose it.

We liked this community and almost chose it. This seemed a little more formal than the community we chose.You have to pay extra for the housekeeping, it's not included. It was very nice, and the food was very good. They had a pool. It was clean and they were friendly.

Susan Putney

Irene, now all our new incoming residents come in at our residential level of care which includes housekeeping. This is our equivalent of "independent living" but is under our Assisted Living license. This was changed about a year ago. You stay in your same apartment as your care levels increase and don't have to move when you need more care. The building is very well maintained and clean! We hope you come back to revisit so we can discuss all the amenities you get here!

Great Place for Senior Citizens

The staff here are extremely helpful from the 1st time you enter. The tour was complete and all our questions were answered. I would tour the place and ask all questions before bringing Mom &/or Dad to see for themselves as the tour can be rather lengthy. Everything was explained to us in detail, including pricing and billing, in terms that we all could understand. Once we were ready to move my folks in, they allowed us access for several days before the actual move in date, allowing us to bring somethings early and setting up the apartment. Move in was made easy. My parents have been there for 4 weeks now, and are extremely happy that they made this move. They are quickly learning their way around and checking out all the activities. The staff there continue to be kind, polite, respectful, and extremely helpful. We all highly recommend this place.

Susan Putney

Thank you for your nice review. We're glad the transition was easy for your parents. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask!

Susan Putney

Mom took tour and said that she liked...

Mom took tour and said that she liked it. It is a nice place.

Susan Putney

Thank you. The buildings are very well maintained and attention to detail is important. We hope your mom decides to move in with us.

Sometimes a little help is all that's needed for older adults to maintain their independence. At Langdon Place of Dover, our assisted living community offers private residences combined with a safe environment, an attentive staff and on-site healthcare services. Caring professionals can assist with bathing, dressing, getting comfortable for the night, or just a reminder to take medications. We also make sure residents join us for regular meals and stay active and involved with others, key factors in maintaining geriatric health. You only have to try us for 60 days to see if you like it! No long-term leases! Our professional healthcare services include physical, occupational and speech therapy. Each cozy apartment has a private entrance, kitchenette, bathroom and individually controlled heating and cooling, with room for favorite furniture and belongings. We offer a variety of social, recreational, educational and community activities. We also take care of housekeeping and laundry. Transportation is available for personal errands and appointments. We also offer respites from 7 to 30 days in our respite suite. We have a 30 bed short-term rehab onsite as well as a 24 bed secure memory facility