Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge - Chicago, IL

Imagine being able to live in a beautiful building, in a community of friends, receive monthly housekeeping services and benefit from specially designed safety features - all for one low affordable monthly rate and in the Chicago neighborhood you've called home for most of your life. As a resident at one of our many Senior Suites communities, this dream can become a wonderful reality.

Chicago is known throughout the world for its wonderfully diverse neighborhoods and distinct architectures. Senior Suites reflect that civic pride in the neighborhoods we serve by the attractive apartment homes we offer. Senior Suites allow adults 62 years of age and older to live affordably and safely in the neighborhood that they call home. Our communities are designed with your comfort and safety in mind and provide opportunities for social engagement and camaraderie.

A community to call home

This is a nice retirement community for my mom. They do have staff that is available. The grounds are clean and she is happy with the layout in her apartment. They do not have any activities for the residents to participate. This is a nice apartment for someone to call home. We would recommend others who are looking for just a community to live in with out any personal care.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your recommendation of our community! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mom is enjoying her home here with us!

Friendly people!!

When I was searching for a place, I toured Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge. The tour guide was very friendly and helpful. The place was nice, but it was not as appealing as another community that I toured.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide a five-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us to achieve that goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our community with any additional input. We look forward to hearing from you.

I could not be happier!

[email protected] is a great place to live. I have been here since Jan 2014 – on Feb 2016. I feel & could not walk. 3rd fl. Residents plus other have been so helpful. I can’t express how good they mean. Many activities here – Bingo, shopping, etc….
Kudos – to lawn they are good listener. Bad or good - They are here!

I enjoy shopping every Tuesday. Playing Bingo and other activities provided by the staff. Our repairs to my apartment was quickly address in a timely fashion. I truly enjoyed meeting with the manager and the asst. manager.

I have lived at the Garfield Senior Suites for nine years. Best decision & ever made. The staff is great. We would not get by without them. They are kind, thoughtful and extremely helpful and very hard working people. The best thing about living in a senior community is the friendships you develop. It is the best answer for loneliness.

My Husband And I Are Doing Good

The staff here are so attentive and friendly. I like how clean my community is everywhere I go. I get to take Saturday walks and get access to use the recreation stationary- bicycle. I make our own food in our spacious apartment and I like the way it's set up. I definitely would recommend this place.

Awesome experience

Maggie was my advisor and she was exceptional. She really took time to listen to our dilemma and help us find a place that my mom feels safe and comfortable and is affordable. I would recommend Senior Advisor to anyone who needs help in finding suitable resources for their seniors.

Bed bug heaven

Bed bug heaven. My 90 year old mothers apartment was infested. She lost every thing she owned including all clothing. Other seniors are dealing with this same problem. Management changes hands often and they have no sense of urgency to remedy the problem. My mother loved living there, unfortunate so do the bed bugs.

SLC Midwest

My name is Lisa Reed & I am the Vice President of Operations for the 24 Senior Suites we manage in the Chicagoland area. I would like to take this opportunity to first thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback related to Senior Suites of Garfield Ridge.

Your negative opinion of our community in regards to our management of a bed bug situation is particularly concerning. Bed bug issues have been on an alarming rise in the Chicago area for several years now. We implemented a protocol for this years ago. Our residents have not incurred any additional charges for the pest control services to eradicate bed bugs nor have any residents who cooperate with the protocol been evicted for having bed bugs.

On behalf of the company, I am sorry that you & your mother had this experience & that we were not able to resolve the concerns prior to your mother’s move.

I loved it, but not right location

This one was terrific too, I was trying my best to get my friend to move into Garfield Ridge, I loved the way it was set up, the coziness of the place. She wasn't quite sold on the location and that was her biggest problem, I live over here so that wouldn't have been a problem for me but she wanted to be somewhere that was familiar to her.

I really loved this one. But I have t...

I really loved this one. But I have to wait till I retire to show that I get less money and get put on a waiting list. Thanks so much for your help

I'm so happy to say we have decided(M...

I'm so happy to say we have decided(Mom too) this is the place she'll be moving to. It's a small step from living on her own and only blocks from her old apt.We all think she will be happy here and it will be a good fit for her. The Director was also very helpful. The fact there was a move-in-special pricing helped also. We're very thankful for our Senior Living Advisor's help and persistance. Her kindness and ease of use of this online site were invaluable.