We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Complimentary Transportation
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
About Ascension Living Bethlehem Woods Village - La Grange Park, IL
Bethlehem Woods Retirement Community offers 270 spacious independent living residences and 64 licensed assisted living apartments in a variety of floor plans. Independent living amenities include: restaurant-style dinner served daily, 24-hour staff and emergency call system, Wellness Clinic and exercise program, walking/bicycle paths and garden areas, on-site banking, free scheduled transportation to nearby shopping and other destinations, formal living room and library, attractive lounges and laundry facilities on every floor as well as planned social activities and outings. All utilities, including cable and local phone charges as well as building and apartment maintenance and housekeeping every other week are included in the monthly service fee. The following services are available for additional fees: hair salon and barber shop, Country Store and gift/snack shop, dry cleaning pick-up and delivery, indoor parking, guest suites, on-site geriatric specialists, audiologist, optometrist and podiatrist.
Beechwood Manor, our licensed assisted living community offers all-inclusive monthly fees. Assisted living services include: three meals a day, 24 hour oversight by resident assistants, emergency call system, medication reminders, weekly light housekeeping, assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and laundry. All utilities, including cable and local phone are also included in the monthly fee. Residents living in Beechwood Manor have access to planned social activities and outings as well as free scheduled transportation to nearby shopping and other destinations.
Located on 42 beautiful wooded acres in LaGrange Park, Bethlehem Woods Retirement Community is sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth and the Sisters of the Resurrection.
No wonder the quaint, self-contained La Grange Park, IL locality is referred to as a village!
As a suburb located 14 miles west of Chicago, La Grange Park has all the benefits of a close-knit neighborhood with residents sharing a sense of community, history and even family traditions. The village also has a long history of dedicating significant resources to schools, churches, and single family homes, which range in value from $350 thousand to more than $1 million.
Rather than a traditional mayor figure, La Grange Park has a Village President, who works part-time when he's not at his dentist practice located four miles away in neighboring Berwyn, IL. This strong work ethic was shared by La Grange Park's founder and first Village President, Franklin D. Cossitt, who purchased and developed 600 acres of land after losing his wholesale grocery business in the Chicago Fire of 1871. As part of Cook County, and Illinois' 5th Congressional District, La Grange Park has been represented by several prominent statesmen, including former White House Chief of Staff and Chicago Mayor Rohm Emanuel.
The historic downtown Village of La Grange Park is noted on the National Register of Historic Places. The area is alive with dining, entertainment and shopping during the week and on weekends. The village has garnered regional recognition as the best downtown and the best places to live by Chicago Magazine. The hard-working, cooperative, hospitable spirit of La Grange Park makes it quite an attractive place to live, especially during the golden years of life.
- Walkability Score: With a walk score of 21 out of 100, La Grange Park forces Bethlehem Woods community residents to be car dependent. Going beyond the 42-acre facility will require reliable transportation.
- Other Nearby Senior Housing Facilities: There are about 17 other assisted living facilities nearby, four others in La Grange.
- Average Weather Info: Fahrenheit temperatures can reach as low as -6 and as high as 65 in the winter, with an average of about 28. Early spring doesn't warm up too much at 14 degrees, but by the end of season, temperatures reach the 90s. During summer, there are a couple rare 100+ days, with an average of about 75. Expect averages of about 55 degrees during the fall, with some rare dips to 14 and rises to 95.
- Veteran’s Facilities in the Area: The closest veterans facility is Oak Park Vet Center . The Chicago area offers access to about 8 service centers total. La Grange Park's Veterans Memorial Park , inside of Memorial Park, displays etched dedication bricks honoring all active war military.
- Buses: The Bethlehem Woods community is at least a 20-minute walk from the closest Stone Avenue Pace Bus stop. Buses offer ride services for seniors, who must apply in person for a Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Reduced Fare Permit.
- Trains: There is no mass transit train in La Grange Park, although there is connecting access to Metra rail, which services the Chicago area, and nine Amtrak stations in the surrounding areas. Pace transfers are not accepted for Metra. The closest Metra connection is the BNSF Railway stop in La Grange.
- Taxis: 5th Avenue Cab has a longstanding reputation for quick responses, friendly drivers and nice, updated transport vehicles. Residents can also use City-Suburban Taxi and Blue Cab.
- Ride Share: Pace sponsors RideShare , a carpool and vanpool matching service for the area.
- Airports: There are two accessible airports, including Chicago Midway International and O'Hare International .
Health and Safety
- Hospitals: Loyola Center for Health at La Grange Park , AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange (Level II Trauma Center) and Mac Neal Hospital .
- Crime Rate: The village receives high marks for safety. Violent crimes rate 75 percent lower than the overall state of Illinois and 79 percent lower than the national average.
Sports and Leisure
- Golf Courses: Fresh Meadow Golf Club in Hillside is considered one of the most affordable daily golf tee properties in the area. La Grange Country Club (closed Mondays) has been around since 1899 and has hosted the US Women's Open Championship. Cook County is also home to Meadowlark Golf Course.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Residents enjoy the public courts at Gilbert Park. Other nearby courts: La Grange Field Club, Score Tennis & Fitness, Oak Brook Tennis Center , Midtown Athletic Club , Salt Creek Club, Hinsdale Racquet Club , River Forest Tennis Club, and The Tennis and Fitness Centre.
- Gyms: Senior-friendly (Aerobics) - Greater La Grange YMCA , (water aerobics and Silver Sneakers programming) Active Souls (women only), Orangetheory Fitness, Dailey Method (group workouts for pilates, yoga, and barre fitness).
Shopping and Entertainment
- Clothes Shopping: Women: Jayne, Cleo Boutique and Alixandira Collections ( both trendy), and Vintage Charm (throwback clothing). Men: Bachrach , Men's Wearhouse.
- Grocery Stores: Fruitful Yield (natural and organic), Jewel-Osco, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods (Hinsdale and Orland Park) and Aldi (Countryside). There is also a La Grange Farmer's Market on Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., May through October.
- Restaurants: Mattone Restaurant and Bar (Italian), Q-BBQ , Blueberry Hill Breakfast Cafe , Prasino (contemporary American with farm-to-table focus), The Capital Grille (fine dining in Chicago), Nickson's Eatery (Southern), Palmer Place (American with rooftop and patio seating), Woow Sushi , Grapevine Mediterranean Gourmet , Wild Monk , Lucca Pizzeria & Ristorante, and Aurelio's Pizza .
- Movie Theaters: La Grange Theatre (new releases in restored 1920's theater), AMC Loews Quarry Cinemas 14.
- Libraries: La Grange Park Public Library
- Senior Friendly Salons: Symmetry Hair Salon , D'Dami Salon & Spa (at Village Market), and Andy's Hair Design (barber shop).
- Attractions and Signature Events: Annual Pet Parade, Craft Show, Endless Summerfest, West End Art Festival, Halloween Walk and Holiday Walk. Seniors may also be interested in Mother Cluckers storytelling and comedy or the Salt Creek Chamber Orchestra .
Churches and Worship Centers: The village offers diverse opportunities for faith-based gatherings. There are 19 churches in the area representing a total of six denominations, including:
- First Baptist Church of La Grange
- First Congregational Church of La Grange
- Second Baptist Church
- St. Cletus
- St. Francis Xavier Parish