Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster - Lancaster, PA

Must be mobile. If there is an issue of declining mobility, this may not be the place for you. Clean facility.

Options for dad

I toured this community for my father's care. The staff was helpful to show us the community. We liked the menu and the list of activities. The community was clean and we would have liked this community, but wanted something bigger for my father's needs. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Very Thankful

Trying to find the right place is difficult enough but it's nearly impossible when you are in a completely different state. I had to rely on what I saw and read on the internet to make a decision but thankfully my friend had family in the area and that knew about this community so that is the main reason why I chose it. Thankfully my friend likes the community. Her family goes and takes her out to do things and to eat on occasion. She likes the food at the community. The staff seems to be very nice and caring.

My tour

This community felt bleak when I visited. It is an older community and also felt crowded. They offer smaller studio sized rooms. The staff were very nice. I did not think this community would work for my parents.

Staff was extremely welcoming. Residents were happy and the place was impeciably clean. Rooms were a bit small.

Respite Care

My husband stayed here for respite care for 5 days. He seemed to like it, he never likes to be "dropped off". He didn't complain that they didn't give him enough food. The people that worked here were very helpful.

Review of Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster - Lancaster, PA

Has to self propel with wheelchair which she cannot

Good review

My mother and I are very happy with Elderwood after 2 months. She likes the food and is able to control the temperature in her room. The people are friendly and helpful and the facility is clean and located in just the right place for Mom.

Very friendly people!

Overall we're very pleased with how things have turned out at Elderwood Senior Living. Everyone here is very nice! The staff are friendly and helpful, and they do a great job looking after the residents and keeping the facility looking clean and well kept.

They have been very helpful in getting my mother to her maximum functioning level..

They have helped my mother. They have been very helpful in getting her to her maximum functioning level. The cleaning staff are always busy cleaning. It's a small and nice place. I think they have helped her to get on a good level. The parking and location is good. The communication with the staff has been good, but not excellent. I'm thankful I could get her in. I was grateful to A Place for Mom for referring me to this place.

This place is great value for the price. Located near downtown Lancaster, Elderwood offers a good location and a great price. Everyone is very nice and there are lots of activities and the staff really tries to ensure that everyone gets involved.

Not the right place for my mother in particular; felt more like a nursing home than an Assisted Living Facility. Outside of the building was plain; looked more like a business office than a "home". Did not have a warm or homey atmosphere.

I love the place!

I absolutely love Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster! Kristin (the admissions director) is right on the ball. She got the ball rolling right away with helping us out with funds from the VA and everything else. It is a very nice clean place and everyone there has just been great.

Seems like a nice place!

Things seem to be going very well at Elderwood Senior Living! The people here are friendly and professional, and my loved one really seems to be doing well. I would give them high marks across the board!

A Great Place to Be Cared For....

This is a lovely home. My mom was in a Brand New assisted living facility in Ephrata, PA. She had 9 falls in less then 1 month. The place was very expensive, extremely understaffed and not open to criticism.
A hospital doctor and an orthopedic surgeon, both, stated that mom needed to be watched more carefully, and needed to get out of there. It was impossible to get her the care that she needed with their low staff to patient ratio. Most of the Ephrata staff complained about their jobs.
The staff at Senior Living is wonderful ! The residents are treated with dignity and freedom. There are many outings weekly, including shopping, restaurants, beauty salons, and cultural events. The staff work hard and are a team. The food is good, and not constantly fried or frozen, like at Ephrata. It is never served cold and there are alternate choices.
Don't let the location scare you. It's a nice part of Lancaster...Go see for yourself.
Kristin Levering the Admissions Administrator is the
Best ! She offered to transport my mom's belongings, herself. I am thrilled to have moved my mother to Elderwood Senior Living, at Lancaster, PA.

I had extremely helpful advice and wo...

I had extremely helpful advice and work done by the Marketing and Admissions director, Kristen Levering, throughout a difficult stay for my brother. She really helped us get him the help he needed. The place was very nice, comfortable, homey, clean, and lots of activities.

They were the least expensive for the private rooms.

They were the least expensive for the private rooms. The meat is too dry and the portions are on the small side, she also thinks there is a little too much cheese. I just think they could do a little more to invite or get them engaged in the activities or social things. It does not smell, at all. They have a little courtyard which is nice it gives them a chance to go outside when the weather is nice.

Peace during a troubling time for our family

The Staff has gone out or their way to make our transition the best it could be. I thank everyone for their efforts.

Very nice place!

We were so impressed by this place! The staff, and the administrator especially, are all very friendly and helpful. The facility itself is always very clean and nice looking, and the entrance area looks like a fancy hotel! Mom is having a bit of trouble settling in, but she says everyone is very friendly. They could use a bit of work on their activities, but they do usually have plenty to do including bingo, movies in their movie room, etc.

I found the staff friendly and helpfu...

I found the staff friendly and helpful. They treat the residents as individuals and do their best to accommodate each person's requests thus allowing all to feel at home. The food's really good, the dining room is small and friendly as opposed to a large mess hall type atmosphere and the atmosphere is great for mixing with and getting to know the other residents.

The home is a good value but there are a few things they could tweak to make it even a better value. The location is in a very nice area of Lancaster and is readily accessible to many places to go and things to do.

Nice place, overall

My loved one seems happy here, and that is what is important. I don't think they do quite as thorough a job with the care as the previous location he was at, I wish they'd look in on him a bit more often. They do a good job at making sure he gets his medication regularly and at the correct intervals, however. The staff here are friendly and professional, and it is a nice looking facility. They look like they've got a good variety of activities going on, but I can't speak to them personally as my loved one does not participate.

Overall very good

Overall this facility does a very good job, and my loved one is happy there. The staff are all very friendly, and they do a great job of keeping everything looking nice and clean. They have a good variety of activities, although I do think there is some room for improvement there.

Staff very helpful and engaging. Res...

Staff very helpful and engaging. Residents very friendly. Excellent location.

The place sounds pretty good. Has yo...

The place sounds pretty good. Has younger, active population. Several smokers. Excersize room, movie theatre, etc

The minute you enter Cambridge Lancaster, you'll recognize our commitment to creating a friendly, comfortable home. Our professional staff will be happy to assist you in making the right choice to match your needs, personal preferences and budget. Cambridge's "All inclusive" lifestyle means that you will never have to worry unpredictable monthly bills or extra charges for personal care. Everything is included in one simple rate including all the smiles.

Cambridge gives residents more independence because they no longer have to worry about cleaning a house, preparing meals, doing laundry and remembering to take medications. Our friendly staff assist by administering medications, help with bathing, etc. Friends and caring staff members are always nearby and our residents can (and do) walk to a convenience store, a pizza shop, and a bus stop, all without having to cross a street.