Savannah Grand of West Monroe - West Monroe, LA

Ever so grateful !

Recently my family had to find my dad a new care provider due to the progression of his dementia . We were directed to Savanna Grand through a sister facility and the admins here were absolutely wonderful . Even though my dad did not qualify for care here they went above and beyond in the nursing community to help find a care provider that could meet his dementia needs . We are so grateful for their efforts and recommend Savanna Grand if you have a need for care for your loved one . If they care that much for us , I can only imagine what kind of care and compassion they have for their residents . Cannot say thank you enough !

Review of Savannah Grand of West Monroe - West Monroe, LA

I moved my mom into SG of West Monroe on 7-29-16. From the moment I moved her in until this day I have not had to worry one single minute about my mom's care. She came here from a nursing home, not walking or communicating. Today she is walking with assistance & can carry on a conversation- She may be in the year 1973 or 1955 but at least she talking. The staff there is phenomenal! I would highly recommend this facility to anyone.

Review of Savannah Grand Of West Monroe West Monroe, LA

A lovely place to live. Caring employees, cheerful staff and many activities are available. The staff is very accommodating and tries to help each resident with his or her needs.

Great place, fantastic people to work with. I wish the home had more fresh veges at meals not just salads, and different kinds of meat (steak).

My wife has been a resident at Savannah Grand for now over a year. I know that she gets the best care that she could get anywhere. I have ministered at a number of such establishment have similar services, but none compare to Savannah Grand.

Staff is friendly and capable. Facility is very clean and inviting.

I highly recommend the Savannah Grand facility over all is the best. If you are looking for a safe, secure facility to call home for your loved one, please consider Savannah Grand. The staff is always there for the residents to accommodate all their needs.

Savannah Grand of West Monroe

I have never seen my mother happier! She loves the people, the environment, the activities, the daily housekeepping (which for her, who never was interested in housekeeping) is a real luxury! The staff are caring, and when I walk down the halls on my way to or from a visit, someone who works for Savannah Grand is always asking my mom a question: “How you doing?”, or “Are you joining us for lunch?” or dinner; the level of interest, caring and overall happiness is really amazing! To ensure that you know this is an honest review, I will tell you that she has complaints, but they are few and relatively minor. She’d like them to offer better quality paper towels and bath tissue; and though she loves the food, she would appreciate better quality in a few of the items such as orange juice (instead of orange drink). But this was the best move we could have made for Mom — friends her own age and with whom she has so much in common and activities she enjoys along with the freedom to go ‘home’ to her own beautiful and clean apartment when she wants to rest or read alone. Our whole family is delighted that we, and she, chose Savannah Grand.

Care for mom

My mom is happy here. The community is clean and the staff is nice and caring. We are happy with the variety of the meals that are served. She is enjoying the activities that are offered. I feel good knowing that she is happy here. I recommend the care and the value to other families.

Friendly

Staff is always friendly and helpful. Very clean.

Comfortable living!

My mother in law is loving her stay at this community.
The meals provided here are great. The only problem I've had is we have to remind the aids to make sure they lay her clothes out, because of they don't my mother in law will just wear the same thing over and over again. Also, she is in the memory care unit, and they don't take them up front very often since they only have 2 aids helping back there. My loved one loves to go to the church and listen to the preacher. Anytime we have had an issue, though, as soon as we bring it up they are quick to fix it. The major highlight to this community is that she's around people that are like her, they all watch tv and eat together. We are happy with how things are going.

Savannah Court Grand ALF in West Monroe

In the spring of 2016, it became increasingly clear that my parents were having difficulties living on their own in the apartment they had happily occupied for the prior fifteen years. My sister and I became more and more concerned that Mom and Dad were not getting the support they needed to live as independently as possible. We discussed these developments with my parents, who were initially skeptical of a need for more support, especially if it meant moving from the community they had been part of for so long and the many friends they had made there. Nevertheless, a series of health emergencies made clear the need for more day-to-day support for my parents, and after further talks with them, they agreed to explore additional options.
My sister and I promptly began our research into all the various alternatives, and it quickly became clear that assisted living best fit our parents’ care needs. After researching assisted living facilities in the Monroe-West Monroe, LA area and contacting numerous friends whose friends and relatives faced similar care support needs, one candidate immediately came to the fore: Savannah Court Grand in West Monroe, LA. The many friends we spoke with had nothing but good words for and stories of kind support about the administration and staff at Savannah Grand. In fact, we were unable to find anyone who had anything but exceptional things to say about the West Monroe Savannah Court Grand community. The clincher was that this facility was within a few miles of my home and less than a mile from my parents’ former apartment, which meant that my parents could remain in the same neighborhood they had grown to love!
After speaking with [Removed] [Removed], Savannah Court Grand’s marketing manager and touring the community grounds, my sister and I were immediately impressed by the cheerful welcome we received from all the administration and staff, and most particularly the residents we spoke with there in private. We immediately decided this was a place Mom and Dad would feel at home in and arranged for a tour for them as well. As our parents’ became more acquainted with the West Monroe Savannah Grand community and were welcomed by all the staff and residents there, my parents’ initial reluctance to make such a major move slowly evaporated. Indeed, after three months at the West Monroe Savannah Grand, my parents now tell me they can’t imagine a better place to live. And my sister and I have been repeatedly gratified by how flexible, understanding, and helpful the Savannah Grand administration and staff have been in addressing our parents’ evolving health and living needs.
Like many children with older parents, my sister and I have been thrust into many unfamiliar and challenging circumstances as our parent’s care needs have changed. It has been such a gratifying experience to have the tremendous expertise, experience, and support of all of Savannah Grand’s staff and management to guide us through the many challenges of helping our parents and making sure they get all the support and loving care we want for them. I simply cannot thank the staff of Savannah Grand enough!

Carlos Perez-Varela

Thank you for your comments, We always want to please you, your loved ones, and the community.

My mother in Savannah Grand

In 2014 when my step mom moved into Savannah Grand Cottage (and I lived in Dallas) we were not aware she had been having “mini strokes”. We all thought it was her heart condition. Nurse [Removed] [Removed] helped stabilize her ordering and correctly taking her medicine. She also suggested changing pharmacies so my stepmom could receive deliveries instead of someone always driving for pick up. A year later when she had a massive stroke and left the hospital with a paralyzed throat, the amazing staff at the cottage massaged her throat to encourage swallowing which she was able to do. She received almost constant attention in her vulnerable condition. Then as she progressed, her freedom was assisted.
I saw their care when I was there and because Nurse [Removed] is so responsible and actually cares about her patients, I had peace when I returned home. We were thankful for our experience at Savannah Grand.

Carlos Perez-Varela

My parents are new to Savannah Grand and have really enjoyed their transition to Assisted Living. The friendly staff as well as other residents have made them feel right at home. We can rest easy knowing they are safe and well taken care of. Savannah Grand has been an answer to our prayers!

Savannah Grand of West Monroe

My mother was a resident in the Cottage of Savannah Grand this past year and I am writing to say how pleased I was with her living there. I found the entire staff there to exhibit professionalism and kindness in every aspect. They listened to and wanted to help and address concerns and were very knowledgeable in caring for seniors with dementia.

I found the facility to be kept clean and attractive with a healthy environment. They went out of their way to decorate during holidays in order to make it feel more like home. While the rooms are very small the staff helped me in securing 2 rooms in which we made Moms room into a suite with a den area and separate bedroom. Mom really enjoyed the meals there also as the food was very good. Unfortunately she refused to leave her room to go to the dining room so the ladies were sweet enough to bring her meals to her.

Activities were provided on a weekly basis that were physically, mentally and emotionally stimulating. Mother really enjoyed sitting on the beautiful patio that is provided for families to come and take their loved ones out doors on pretty days to visit.

The only improvement that I thought would be helpful is for the rooms to have individual thermostats so the patient and family could better control their personal comfort. Also it would be nice if the facility installed cablevision as I found Direct TV to be quite expensive and confusing for Mom.

I cannot say enough on how comforted I felt having Mother live there during the last part of her life. I felt she was safe and very well cared for.

[Removed]

Carlos Perez-Varela

They take really good care of my mom!!

The staff is very easy to work with and great at communicating with me. The community is very clean. My mom doesn't complain about the food sometimes she doesn't care for the meat. They do offer many activities. I would definitely recommend Savannah Grand of West Monroe to family and friends.

Carlos Perez-Varela

I would rate Savannah Grand of West Monroe a 10!!!!!

I have no complaint about this community. My mom loves it there. The staff are really great. There always seems to be some type of activity available and mom does participate in some. The food is good and they keep the community clean. I would recommend this community as I would live there myself.

Carlos Perez-Varela

Things are going fairly well with my mother at Savannah Grand. They do activities, bingo, cards, people come in and sing and play. The food is pretty good, and they try to accommodate and make her something else if she doesn't want any of the options.

Review of Savanah Grand in West Monroe

My mother lives in the cottage and my aunt lives in the front at Savanah Grand. The experience of being your parents caretaker has definitely changed my life. My mom, my best friend has dementia and this has been an incredibly difficult experience in seeing her decline. I have spent my entire life visiting with both my mom and also my aunt taking up time with them both. So when the location of the visits have changed, I also adjusted and moved those visits with them. I have always felt so welcomed by the staff and have become friends with most of them. You know when an employee walks out and says I love my job, that makes you feel wonderful. Because if they love it that much, then they love your parent as well. When dealing with the normal decline of health with your parent, having a director, as in Debbie that you can call and always has the answers and always gets right on things has made a huge difference. I spend quite a bit of time there and have grown to love the other resident's as well. This is a place that seems like home, that has lots of love all around and has been a blessing for our family.