Russ Place - Ruston, LA has yet not published prices.

• On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Cable Included
  • 100+ years combined experience caring for seniors
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Mobility Assistance
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Exercise Assistance
  • Walking assistance
  • Exercise
  • Arts and Crafts Programs
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • Guest units available
  • Medication Reminders
  • Availability of trained clinical staff 24-hours per day

I have a relative that moved to Russ Place within the last 12 months. To say she is THRIVING is a gross understatement. She is a different person when I talk to her. There has been a big change since she lived alone. I believe being a part of a community has recharged her life. She has friends, she eats with others 3 times a day and enjoys many of the activities they offer. She feels safe when she goes to bed at night and knows if she needs anything someone will be there with the pull of a cord. I am so grateful for the care she receives that contributes to her overall wellbeing. My entire family is thankful for Russ Place!

We LOVE Russ Place

I have first hand seen how amazing Russ Place is for our family and our community! They have such a superb staff that goes over and above for their residents! My family is so very pleased with the care they have received.
Russ Place feels like family.
You can feel the warmth when you walk in the door.
Thank you Russ Place. We are so thankful we found a place that gives us comfort to leave mom and know she is taken care of.

Life to their years

The staff really cares about the residents. Russ Place is like a big family where the residents look out for each other. Some have described it as a "Community Watch" just like you would have a "neighborhood Watch" in your subdivision. When a resident who doesn't show up for Bingo who normally is at the activity with bells on, the other Bingo Playing Residents will go to their apartments and check on them. The activities really do allow for the residents to THRIVE and add more "Life to their years" not just "Years to their lives!"

A Sad Has Been

Russ Place used to be.... This is what we hear all the time. You can see evidence of this in so many ways. It is really sad. It is still a decent facility, but you should look beyond the pretty face they put on recently for publicity photos. Complaints about problems have brought little more than comments about rising costs. Services offered are underfunded and understaffed. Residents have been asked to have patience, told that things will change. The sad truth is that we have become disillusioned beyond any but the last shred of hope. The only reason I give it any credit at all is that they do have good people here. A new director has been recently hired. However, unless the corporation takes an actual interest in restoring this facility to something closer to its former glory, I'm afraid it will cease to even be known as what used to be and become one of those places which makes people shift their eyes and shake their heads when it is mentioned. That's a shame, a real shame.

Review of Russ Place

I was very impressed with the facility at Russ Place. I hope to be able to place my mother in their care.

Review of Russ Place

Very nice facility. Warm staff, everyone was kind to us. Seems like a nice place to live.

Review of Russ Place

One of the most attractive facilities I've seen. It was really a nice atmosphere and the people seem real friendly, It felt like a home in a way and not like a nursing home. I highly recommend it.

Awesome Community with a Remarkable Staff

I cannot begin to say enough good things about Russ Place. My family and I were looking for a place to assist our soon to be 90 years old mother in the El Dorado, AR. area. I contacted “A Place for Mom” and was referred to Russ Place Senior Living in Ruston, LA.
I contacted Russ Place and was given an appointment to visit the facility at our convenience. On our arrival, my husband and I were met by [name removed], Community Relations Manager who treated us like long time friends and made us feel like family. We were introduced to [name removed], Staff Nurse and [name removed]. Community Chef as we received the grand tour of the remarkable facility. We were introduced to several of the residents as well. These residents seemed to be so happy and were quick to tell us how much they loved Russ Place and their Staff. [name removed] gave us and meticulously explained their program to us and we were ready to go back home and explain to other family members we had found the right place for our mom.
As we began discussions with family and of course, mom, we ran into some serious obstacles. Russ Place Staff did not stop assisting us. [name removed] and [name removed] as well as members at the corporate offices worked diligently to make everything happen for us. They assisted us with information on finances and physician specialties. [name removed] even telephoned and spoke with mom in person and other family members as well answering any questions they had. She sent information, pictures, calendars of events and all the plans they had made to help our mother to feel welcome and plans to use her in activities to keep her busy.
Unfortunately, our mother decided she just was not ready for a move of this type right at this time. Mom has decided to move into our home for the time being. BUT, the Staff at Russ Place has not forgotten us. They continue to stay in contact with me giving me encouragement and letting me know they are still there for me when the time comes and mom needs to make the next move. As a result of their caring, professional, courteous and kind treatment, I have told everyone I come into contact looking for a place for family about Russ Place.
Russ Place is an awesome Community with a remarkable Staff!!

[name removed]
El Dorado, AR

Review of Russ Place

My family has been most please with Russ Place and the way they conduct themselves incaring for my mother. Their caring attitude was exhibited when we first arrived - we were gretteed by several members of the staff and they immediately assited mom from the car. Communication has been fantastic. They promtly respond to our inquires and want to seek a solution to any roadblock that may arise. The enviorment is one that remind you of a family reunion minus the grumpy aunt or cantenkerous grandpa that is part of every family. We feel we are a part of the Russ Place Family. [name removed] & the rest of the staff have been very coooperative. The [name removed] is extremely lucky to have found such a caring , loving place that we trust will do anything possible to see that our mom is comfortable.

Review of Russ Place

This facility has a very comfortable atmosphere, very homey, and inviting. The staff are very attentive and informative. Russ Place is definitely a place I or my family would be happy to live. I personally would recommend Russ Place to anyone that required assisted living.

I found the staff at Russ Place to be very professional and loving to their residents. I would recommend for Russ Place to be on the top of people's lists when they need assisted living.

Review of Russ Place

I toured Russ Place a few months ago and found it to be a place where my aunt could go when the time is right. I got a great feeling as soon as I walked in. Very inviting and cozy.

Review of Russ Place - Ruston, LA

Overall I am quite happy here. It is a nice facility and the people are friendly and kind. They have gone through some management changes, but things seem to be improving and smoothing out. I would recommend this facility to others.

Review of Russ Place - Ruston, LA

My experience with Russ Place was superb from the beginning, from getting information, and touring. We were trying to transition my mother-in-law from Mo to La. [Removed] is great with residents and sends pictures from time to time of my mother in law participating in activities. [Removed] went above and beyond with getting our questions answered, and believe one, we had questions. We think of [Removed] as family! [Removed], the nurse was and is still very helpful. On the tour I was impressed by the apartments and even said that I would live here at Russ Place! The afternoon she moved in, after a 9 hour trip, the staff had fresh fruit and flowers in her room. She has improved so much since being at Russ Place. I would be happy to recommend Russ Place for any seniors looking for assisted living!!

Review of Russ Place - Ruston, LA

I found the staff at Russ place to be very professional and loving to their residents. I would recommend for Russ Place to be on the top of people’s lists when they need assisted living.

Review of Russ Place - Ruston, LA

Personnel were friendly and outgoing. The tour was complete; all questions were answered promptly and satisfactorily. We were quite impressed with the facility.

Review of Russ Place - Ruston, LA

I recently went on a tour with a coworker. We both work in the Healthcare industry. We were extremely impressed by the staff and building. Russ Place does not seem anything remotely like a nursing home. I would have no problem recommending anyone try Russ Place for loved ones is need of such a community. I fact, I would definitely want my loved ones to have such wonderful care and living space.

Review of Russ Place - Ruston, LA

After several visits and tours of Russ Place, I am impressed with the quality of the environment and programs offered. The individual resident and their specific needs and levels of care are assessed as well as ways to foster their independence. The staff was especially helpful in providing answers to questions, helpful resources, and encouragement. Several residents also expressed very positive views in regards to their improved quality of life since moving to Russ Place. Much effort appears to have been made to provide a healthy home environment. There were no hints of indifference or of an institutional setting. I highly recommend Russ place and their staff and would consider moving there in the future.

Review of Russ Place - Ruston, LA

I lived in Ruston for 21 years. I came back to visit a friend in Russ Place. It is a wonderful place, and people seem so kind and helpful. If I ever needed a place or a community to live in Ruston, Russ Place would be my first choice.

Review of Russ Place - Ruston, LA

Nice place. Very interested in moving my aunt here, staff answered all our questions. I could tell they loved what they do.

I visited this community in preparation of moving in my uncle when the times comes. The first thing I thought when I walked in was – man, it smells nice in here! You always here, first impressions are everything and Russ Place did not disappoint. For this reason among others, we will be moving my uncle into this community.

Russ Place always has great activities for my grandfather. He loves playing bingo, exercising and bible study.

Russ Place changed my mind about Assisted Living!!

I recently had the pleasure of taking a tour of Russ Place. We have been searching for a community for my grandmother and had been hesitant about moving her from her home. After the tour we were no longer hesitating, but EXCITED about the my grandmother's move in. We moved her in within a month and have been extremely pleased with the wonderful hands on staff and all of the activities. My grandmother was not as social as she use to be, but after the move she began to joint in with the numerous activities they have. She now plays bingo, watches movies with other residents, does puzzles, and makes laps around the community with the Walking Club. I know this was the right decision for my grandmother and our family. I defiantly recommend Russ Place!

Meals Need Improvement, But Overall A Nice Community

So far this community is working out pretty well for my mother in law, and her needs. The only thing she has complained about is the food. The food needs better flavor, and the meat is tough to chew. Other that issue the staff is kind, and helpful when needed. The community looks nice. They do a good job with the cleanliness around facility. She is safe, and in good hands in this community, and I would recommend it.

Pleased with my Move

I'am pleased with my move to this community. Everything is working out well. The staff is great, and they have been very welcoming. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. They provide nice meals, and good activities. I would recommend this community, it is working out well for me.

A nice place and location.

We really like the staff at Russ Place. They are friendly and encourage mom to participate in some of the daily activities. She seems to like the food and they keep the community very clean. I have already recommended this community.

The Visitor Are Impressed

The staff provide the care my dad needs and communicate with me when my dad gets a little irritated. They let me talk with him and they immediately see what is the cause or adjust his medication. He likes the meals he is served and get options if needed. They also have activities and outings which my dad enjoys. It is a very nice and clean place, well maintained. His visitors are impressed with the place when seeing my dad.

Awesome staff & they truly take care of my Annan!

We love Russ Place!

Russ Place is an exceptional facility! They love the residents ands its obvious in their CARE! I am so grateful for them! Ruston is blessed to have such a great facility!

Great place!!

We moved my father in law into Russ about 3 weeks ago. We were certainly hesitant about moving him from his home but felt it was safer for him to have someone there 24/7. Sandy [removed] was instrumental in the final decision that it was the right place for him. She explained everything in great detail. It takes some time to adjust to a new place and new way of life, but my father in law is adjusting well thanks to the great caring and attentive staff! They provide many activities that allow seniors that have just stopped being social to get back into life and have those social connections they really need and want! Russ is a very clean, well organized facility and we could not be happier. We made the right decision to look for a great Assisted Living facility for him but we are sooooo happy that we found the RIGHT one!! Thanks Russ!! We appreciate all of you for taking care of a man we love so much! Highly recommend!!!

Sandy Bond

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sonya. It is a privilege to have your father in law at Russ Place. Our mission is to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities.

Review of Russ Place - Ruston, LA

My mom & dad were residents at Russ Place and loved it. The staff always went above and beyond to help them and the family with anything. Michelle was especially helpful and nice. She made the transition very easy and comfortable for everyone. Thank you!

Sandy Bond

Thank you for your kind words Kelly. Michelle has said such wonderful things about you mom and dad.

A Very Nice Facility That Has Potential With A Few Changes

This is a beautiful, well-maintained, charming place for senior living. The staff was extremely welcoming and friendly before and after my mother moved into Russ Place. The residents were not quite as welcoming and my mother found it difficult to meet new friends. Perhaps some sort of new resident program of introduction would have helped this. The facility is quiet and has a warm home atmosphere. Initially, meals seemed appetizing and appealing. However, as the days progressed, it appeared that they were not going to offer a sufficient choice of fresh, green vegetables and salads. Except for the entrée, most meals appeared to come from a can even when fresh fruits and vegetables were available at the local market. My mother's apartment was nice and very clean. However, the lack of a more complete kitchen and the smell of a new carpet, which did not dissipate during her residency, were strong detracting factors. My mother was a bit surprised at having to provide her own furniture, but was even more surprised that certain necessities like toilet paper and shower curtains were not provided by Russ Place. Thermostats were hard to read and keep adjusted at a comfortable level. Bathroom lighting and towel bars were inadequate. It is strongly suggested that staff consider having a multiple session orientation program for new residents; having a resident manual does not effectively introduce a new person to the protocols of senior living. My mother has decided to move back home.

Sandy Bond

Thank you for the review Jim.

Review of Russ Place in Ruston, LA

My sister June has been at Russ Place for almost 2 years. She has gotten extremely good care and attention. I would highly recommend Russ Place as an assisted living facility. I know that June has been happy here and the staff has been great.

Sandy Bond

Thank you for your kind words.

Review of Russ Place - Ruston, LA

Everyone very nice! Facility is clean and organized! Great menu for residents - variety of entertainment. Great management!

Thank you so much Flint.

Review of Russ Place in Ruston, LA

Very helpful staff. Very good facilities. Nice location. Well kept up.

Sandy Bond

Thank you so much. We take great pride in our community.

The Russ Place was an absolute godsen...

The Russ Place was an absolute godsend!

My father was having bypass surgery and needed a "respite" room for a few weeks to recover as he lives by himself out in the country and my brother and I live in a different state.

Before his surgery, we met with Michelle and Angel who are phenomenal ladies where it's obvious that caring for people is their passion.

* My brother and I were extremely impressed with the facility as well as by the entire staff who were all friendly and professional. The Russ Place even provided a welcome sign for my dad upon his arrival.
* It was conveyed that social events are held quite often for residents to feel that they are part of a community. My dad was invited to attend the big fish fry that was coming up.
* For a few days after being released from the hospital, my dad could not make it to the dining room for meals so the staff brought him his meals. Even though my brother and I did not eat in the dining room as guest, we saw the meals that were provided to my dad and it all looked delicious.
* They have someone on the premises 24/7 in case of an emergency. The residents have pull strings in the rooms and can wear a pendant in order to call the person on duty. The care they showed my dad was wonderful - they had someone remove my dad's surgery stockings before he went to bed and put them back on for him in the morning.
* The facility is clean and has amenities such as a salon for haircuts, computers, and a beautiful enclosed patio for those who want to soak up some sun especially after being in a hospital room for over a week. My dad mentioned that he was able to get a haircut at the hair place which made him feel better. They have a laundry room on the premises and someone who will wash/dry clothes as needed - even when it's not laundry day. :) They have someone to come in and clean the residents room on a weekly basis.
* The price was reasonable and definitely well worth it.

I cannot stress how much of a blessing the Russ Place was to us during our time of need and I would recommend their facility to anyone!

Sandy Bond

Thank you so much. I'm glad we could accommodate your fathers needs.