Scottsdale Memory Care - Scottsdale, AZ

Nice Property!!

I recently have taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I was pleased with the experience I had. I thought the staff did a nice job with the presentation and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked that it was easy to navigate through the building and how welcoming all the residents where. They truly had a lot of great things to offer it was just not the right fit for us in the end decision.

Stephanie Campbell

Thank you for touring & reviewing our community. Should your needs change, please reach back out to us.

They keep her safe!

The staff at Scottsdale Memory Care are very kind they're keeping mom safe. One of the things that impressed me is that they use music therapy and animal therapy. Once a month they have a man who brings in mini horses and that is popular with the residents. My mom has played piano since she was 3, and she is encouraged to sit down and play. When I toured, I was looking out for cleanliness and this place is very clean. I have been very impressed with the fact that they are very accessible. I have everyone's phone numbers and I have the peace of mind that she is being well-taken care of.

Stephanie Campbell

Thank you for your review of Scottsdale Memory Care, we appreciate your feedback. It is a joy to care for your mother, she is a wonderful addition to our community, we love hearing her play the piano!

Excellent care.

It seems they are taking great care of my wife here. I like that they offer private rooms.

Stephanie Campbell

Thank you for your review of Scottsdale Memory Care and for choosing us to care for your wife. We greatly appreciate your feedback!

Dad is comfortable

I had visited a few varied communities and thought that Scottsdale Memory Care had the best fit for my Dad. Activities were in process during my tour and the facility was very clean and neat. The employees were showing genuine care and concern for their patients. Now my dad has moved in and we are very comfortable with our decision. Lynn, the director is a very caring wonderful person. My dad's night nurse I knew from another facility and she is the best.

Stephanie Campbell

Thank you for taking the time to review Scottsdale Memory Care and providing us with Feedback. Our Activity Program is designed to mirror what our resident's typical day would be like before the disease; to provide a sense of normalcy, give purpose and build self esteem.

Nice facility

The facility offers a wide variety of activities here. The staff is very caring and attentive to the residents. This is a memory care facility and they really care about the patients there. The facility is always clean.

Stephanie Campbell

Thank you for taking the time to review Scottsdale Memory Care and providing us with Feedback. Our team operates like a family, they take ownership of the building as our home and in our house everyone is welcome and treated like part of our family.

Evening staff not attentive

This facility is clean, organized and well run. . .during the day. The evening or night staff is just not as attentive as the staff that is there in the daytime. It is just too bad, because the day staff is just wonderful.

Lazy evening staff

This is a very beautiful facility. It is spacious and clean here. The daytime staff is wonderful. They are kind, attentive and caring. The problem is the evening staff. They seem like they are lazy and do not care about the residents. More attention should be paid to who this facility hires for the evening shift.

they don't provide an exercise room

At Scottsdale Memory Care the only thing I have noticed that I don't like is they don't provide an exercise room. Like a physical therapy room especially for the ones that are physically able. I was actually surprised they didn't have something like that. I would also like to see an activity room like for things like puzzles that the patient could go in and do that are non structured. They have plenty of structured activities going on. They do have a place where residents can go get puzzles but I would like to see a dedicated room for them to be able to go at any time for some non structured activities. Other than that I haven't seen anything I don't like about it. I really like the staff there and the facility is always very clean.

Disappointed

I am somewhat disappointed with my experience with Scottsdale Memory Care after my experience with another memory care facility in the Phoenix area.

The facility is clean and modern, but the staff (especially the staff after 5 pm) seem removed, uncaring and inattentive. For example, my husband visited after dinner and several staff members were just sitting around playing with their smart phones and/or eating. He asked for assistance and the worker responded as if he was put off by having to actually do something other than play with his phone.

At the previous facility where our family member resided the staff were very engaged with the residents no matter what time of day we visited and were always very responsive to his needs and our questions regarding his care.

I also have not been very impressed with the senior leadership as I did not receive timely responses to several emails asking for documents and advising of important information.

Management holds this place down

Liked the activities, recently hired a new executive director whom is just a high pressure salesperson. Need more compassionate staff who are not concerned about making a bonus every month.

Absolutely Wonderful

It has just been absolutely wonderful with Scottsdale Memory Care. The staff has been great. They have had turnovers which has made it a little confusing,, but overall I think it is a great facility for my mom.

need more activities

They need more activities at Scottsdale Memory care that don't cost extra. We are already paying a lot for her to be there and they should have more to offer that don't cost. The staff have worked with me real well and have been real friendly. Other than the activities everything has been really wonderful at this facility.

Look else where.

Do not place any one you care about in this facility. It looks nice; the environment for high functioning people isn't too bad, but this disease advances.
And when it does people are moved to the "other side". Doctors orders not followed. Medicines not given. Residents are left alone, fall, get hurt. Sometimes badly. Too often.

So far things are going pretty good.

So far things are going pretty good. I don't have any real concerns. The staff is attentive and it's kept clean. I haven't had any complaints about meals, or the food at all. So far it is working out.

very happy there

My loved one is very happy there at Scottsdale Memory Care. Whatever it is they do to help with older folks that have dementia, it is clearly working. The place is very clean and the staff incredibly friendly. I have been very satisfied with the experience and would highly recommend them.

Amazing Experience!!!

I just had the most amazing experience at Scottsdale Memory Care. They offered a Virtual Dementia Tour to all of the families who lived there as well as all their staff. I am thankful they offered this event and was happy to see how involved all their staff was in going through the tour as well. What an eye-opening experience!! Thank you!!

Keep Looking

My father was a resident here, we moved him due to the lack of care. The caregivers are NOT trained in dementia care and therefore they become easily frustrated with the residents. Unless your family member loves bingo or the sitting activity there is little to do. There is a lot of television watching, especially by the caregivers. Medication errors were common. There seems to be limited communication between the nursing staff and the physician on call. For the money invested there have to better options. Keep looking!

Major concerns

If you’re not really far gone, they pretty much just let them sit there, but if a person is still able, they do have a lot of activities.

They were bought out by life care services. Since the buy out things have really gone down hill. It’s defiantly the management’s fault. Very poor management. The food is not so great. The caregivers are very underpaid. They’re all working two jobs so they’re all very tired. There are medications problems. They will leave medication in drinks for people who can’t even lift a drink. They have violent people there – [removed].

I would never leave my loved one here...

I would never leave my loved one here. Terrible management which leads to terrible care. Heartbreaking.

The best place for Mom

They are the best place in AZ. I cant say anything negative, I am so glad we found this place for my mother, they treat her with dignity and like a VIP. It makes my life so much easier knowing she is so well cared for. I can not express how pleased I am with their services, I strongly recommend

Great people. I have been really imp...

Great people. I have been really impressed with the staff!

4 neighbourhoods grouped fo...

4 neighbourhoods grouped for peer levels. All furniture supplied; can be expanded. Activities all day, every day. Everything there = at cost; dr, dentist, hair, nails, 24 hr. nursing, meds, All prices change as of Jan 1.

Great Deal

They're very fine. They know everbody by name and take real good care of them there. I think I got a very good deal. There aren't a whole lot of activities there but there is an activities director that does a good job. They do things like pass the ball around and take the better patients out for outings if they want to go. My wife is there - she's at a point where she doesn't dislike it, let's put it like that. I'm very happy with the place and remember that these places are negotiable. It's not always the first price that you'll have to pay.

Scottsdale Memory Care is a memory care community in Scottsdale, Arizona that provides a home away from home for your loved one. Avenir's Memory Care Program believes that "What remains is far more important than what is lost." Our unique approach to memory care highlights our residents remaining abilities and places residents in groups of peers based on cognitive ability. Years of research shows that the environment in which memory impaired individuals live is crucial to improving quality of life issues inherent with the disease progression. Research also identifies that memory-impaired adults do far better in smaller living environments when placed with their peers of similar cognitive ability. Our community allows our residents the freedom to visit their neighbors and enjoy large, secured outdoor areas. Avenir's Memory Care program is tailored to each individual’s abilities and needs. We focus on helping your loved one succeed in use of their remaining abilities, by encouraging them to connect with the things they can do, rather than reminding them of those they cannot – creating success stories one small victory at a time. We also encourage families to be involved with day-to-day care planning, special events and support group meetings. To provide the financial assurance you need for a decision, Scottsdale Memory Care has created an innovative pricing structure that sets a new standard in specialty memory care. Ask us about our Predictable Pricing program today.