Amber Creek Inn - Scottsdale, AZ

Terrific if need a locked community!!!!!

Koelsch Senior Communities

Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community is a secure place for your loved one. Our outside courtyard and walking paths allow the residents to enjoy the sun and nature, while loved ones can have peace of mind. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy, our Executive Director.

Brought Peace of Mind

The staff at Amber Creek was wonderful with my father, and they really paid attention to his medical needs while he was there. It brought peace of mind to us knowing he was in such great hands. It seems like a sign that we were meant to go to Amber creek because I’m from Kelso, where the community management began, and I also work with a relative of the management family. It was comforting knowing I have that closeness to the community where my father received such excellent care.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing a review of Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. I will pass along your thoughtful compliments to our wonderful teams. A healthy community relationship is vital to the success of our communities and so happy to read about the excellent care your father received. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy, our Executive Director.

Look elsewhere

My mom was a resident and did not get the attention promised. With the type of residents it always seemed like too many residents and not enough caregivers. The nursing director was very rude and condescending.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Mr. S., thank you for writing a review of Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. I am sorry that your mom did not get the attention you felt she deserved as our nurse to resident ratio is excellent. Our number one priority is the care and comfort of our residents, and I will follow up with your comments. We hope your mom is doing well and if we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy, our Executive Director.

Nice Property!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and so far I am pleased with how things are going for her so far. The staff have been very kind every time I come to visit and I am comfortable with the quality of care they provide. She has had no problems with the meals and enjoys participating in some of the activities with the other residents. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and we have been pleased.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing a review of Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. Our number one priority is the care and comfort of our residents, and we will pass along your compliments to our very kind staff. I will pass along your review to our Culinary Director and Director of Activities. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy, our Executive Director.

Most Pleased

My wife is currently in the Day Stay program at Amber Creek and she is enjoying it very much. The staff are all wonderful and caring, the facility is modern and clean and I feel the best interests of my loved one are being served in a caring fashion. They have a very good activities program during the day and they serve nice meals.[Removed] have been wonderful to work with. I would recommend this program and facility without hesitation,

Koelsch Senior Communities

Ed, thank you for spending a moment writing a review and recommending Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. We are so happy to read that your wife is enjoying the Day Stay program. I will pass along your compliments to our Director of Activities and Culinary Director. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy, our Executive Director.

Extremely Helpful

I am very thankful for A Place for Mom and [Removed]. We had no idea what to do to help my husbands older sibling. The service and help was outstanding and I would recommend to anyone needing help to place a loved one.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Janet, thank you for spending a moment writing a review and recommending Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. I will pass along your compliments to our outstanding teams. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy, our Executive Director.

Not recommending!

I wish my loved one was never at Amber Creek. They were often short staffed and caregivers were overworked. Caregivers could not get around to all residents. There was not enough supervision. Caregivers were good but were unable to do their job well because of too many expectations for their population. Many residents were fall risks and the staff could not supervise well. They often were short. More staff was needed because of who the residents were. They might have met state guidelines but it was still NOT GOOD. Don't judge this facility by its beautiful cases in the hallways and the vintage car in the enclosed patio. These things do not give care to a loved one. They look good for the families who will be bringing and paying the rent.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Bern, thank you for offering your comments and writing a review for Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. I hope you were able to express your experiences with our team and we appreciate your feedback. The staffing levels and 24 hour licensed nurses exceed state guidelines, and we are very proud of our team's dedication to the care and support of our residents. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy, our Executive Director.

Don't Recommend

I regret my mom being at this facility. I was treated rudely and unprofessionally. My mother could not communicate and if this is the case with your loved one do not place them at Amber Creek. My mom was not cared for well. In my opinion, small care homes (10 bed max) offer more love, quality of care, time spent with your loved one, and a homey feeling.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing this review for Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. I am sorry you were treated rudely and unprofessionally. While we appreciate your feedback, we couldn’t disagree more that your mother’s care was anything but respectful and loving. We hope you found the perfect place for your mother. We would be grateful if you would call Cindy, our Executive Director.

The best of the best

I like this community. The staff are outstanding and caring. I am so very happy to know that she likes the menu which is the best of the best. It's nice to know that the staff keep her active with the other residents. The community is outstanding for the care of a loved one and a value. We highly recommend this community to other families.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing this review and recommending Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. Best of the best is an outstanding title, and we are honored. We will pass along your compliments to our caring teams. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy our Executive Director.

Cared that we needed.

I like this community for my husband's care. The staff are very attentive to him and he is happy here. the menu is appealing and a few small changes might be helpful. They offer a lot of nice activities for him to participate with the other residents. I like how they have made this a good community atmosphere inside and out. We would recommend this had everything that we wanted.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing this review and recommending Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. I will pass along your suggestions to our Director of Dining Services. We are blessed to read that the staff has been attentive and that your husband is happy. Participation in activities is important and glad that he is engaged. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy our Executive Director.

Very nicely decorated!

Amber Creek Inn was our second choice, I was very impressed with [Removed]. It was obvious that she cares about the residents. Everyone there was very active and I loved the decor, it works very well. The thing that stopped us was that they have all of the stages of Alzheimer together. We wanted my mother to be around her same level of care.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for touring and writing a review for Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. We will pass along your kind compliments to our teams. I understand the level of care concern, and we hope you found the perfect place. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy our Executive Director.

Nice facility!

Though my loved one has not stayed at Amber Creek for too long, she is enjoying her stay. The facility is clean and the staff is sure to cater to my loved one's needs and requests. The meals are also fine at this facility.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for spending a moment writing a review for Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. We are pleased to hear that your loved one is enjoying her stay. I will pass along your compliments to the teams. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy our Executive Director.

EXCELLENCE ABOUNDS IN THIS BEAUTIFUL PLACE

This place is beautiful and the people that work in it are so kind and loving. I enjoy going to visit my Grandma now and feel like I have a better understanding of what she is living with. I have learned so much about Alzheimer's from the staff. They are knowledgeable and willing to take the time to explain things to me. My grandma always looks neat and clean whenever I visit. I enjoy eating with her and participating in the activity they have going on. The courtyard is beautiful and a nice place to sit with her. I highly recommend Amber Creek and am so thankful that my Grandma lives here.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Sarah, thank you for writing about your grandma living at Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. I will pass along your compliments to our kind and loving staff. Alzheimer’s can be hard to understand and fortunate to read that our staff was available to assist. We love having family members spend mealtime and participating in activities alongside their loved one. Outside in the courtyard is one of my favorite places in the community and glad that you found it. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Rhonda our Executive Director

I CAN TRUST MY HUSBAND IS WELL CARED FOR

The staff at Amber Creek is by far the BEST I have ever seen in a care facility. I have had my husband in several places and could not be happier with the high quality of care he has received at Amber Creek. The food is excellent and I enjoy eating with him at dinner every evening. The nurses are competent and caring and do an excellent job giving him his medications, he is not always easy with this task! From the administration to the cooks in the kitchen everyone is always kind to me and my husband. Choosing a place for my husband was a difficult decision and I am thankful for this wonderful place filled with wonderful people! For the first time in years I feel like I can trust that my husband is safe and well cared for.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Eileen, thank you for writing about Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. Choosing a place for your loved one to live is one of the most difficult choices in life and I am sorry it took so many years. I am happy to read that you didn’t give up in finding a place that you felt safe and comfortable for your husband. I will pass along your thoughtful words to the nursing team. The food is excellent, is a very lovely compliment and we will pass that along to our Director of Dining Services. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy our Executive Director.

The Best There Is

AMAZING!!! It took me quite a while to finally make my choice on where to place my mother and I am beyond blessed that I chose Amber Creek! From the very moment my mother stepped in the door we were greeted with genuine smiles and care for my mothers well-being. I naturally come to visit everyday and almost all day on the weekends and love to be able to people watch. Watching the staff perfect their duties is truly an inspiration. I never really thought about how hard their job could be but they all do it with a smile and are always willing to take the time out of their day to help not only my mother but myself as well with whatever we may need. The office management is far superior to any I've ever seen in action before. When ever I have questions about my mother, billing, or anything that may cross my mind; the management staff is always there for me. If you're looking for a community where you won't have to worry 24/7 about your loved one than this is the place. I know without a doubt that my mother is in the BEST hands possible.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Frank, thank you for writing this amazing review for Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. You never have to apologize for the time it takes in deciding where mom will live. We understand the difficult decision of placing a loved one in the care of others, and it sounds like you are very pleased. Our teams are dedicated to the care of our residents, and we appreciate your kind words on the jobs that they perform. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy our Executive Director.

stay away!!

STAY AWAY! This place is not managed nor staffed well. They operate with the minimum level of staffing on a daily basis. They lose clothes constantly that they are responsible for laundering. The communication between the management and the residents' families is sorely lacking. The nurses work hard, but their medical management system is NOT computerized. In 2016 - a new facility should have medical records be computerized, not hand printed. This makes continuity with the nursing staff difficult.

Further, they have been hiring staff that barely speak English. This is NOT ok.
The caregivers are not well trained. I have personally witnessed a caregiver being "rough" with a resident. That is NOT ok....

The Executive Director is not very personable nor physically around very much. She stays in her office behind the front desk when she at the facility. She seems more about the "sales" aspect than the day to day operations....granted every for profit senior care facility has the bottom line of sales, but it appears very clear here. She has been there for many months but the same problems exist with a failure to communicate with staff and family members, failure to ensure that the residents are well cared for (NOT forgotten in their rooms for meals!), missed bathes (NOT overlooked for weeks), or telling family members that their loved one is participating in activities when in fact the resident is left alone in a dark room.

We were told that there would be weekly field trips and live music several times a week. This did NOT occur. We were also shocked at the turnover in the activities staff. Unbelievable.

The food resembled food served in the army. A scoop of this and that. Nothing was done to make it look appetizing nor appealing......

This place needs a lot of help and redirection before I would recommend it to someone. Don't let the homemade cookies, "newness" or the appearance fool you. Visit several times-morning, noon and night before you decide......look for stress amongst the staff. Talk to other family members who have their loved ones there. See if they are happy. Look for overworked and tired nurses.

Deciding on memory care placement is a difficult emotional choice. Research. Negotiate. Don't get caught in the sales approach that "we are filling-up fast." Don't rush. Good luck!

Koelsch Senior Communities

Larry, thank you for taking the time to write this review for Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. I can sense the frustrations through your review, and I would like to apologize. We are always looking for feedback and opportunities to grow. I also hope that while your loved one was with us, you were able to discuss these areas with our Executive Director. Dedication to the care of our residents is a top priority, and we take all comments very seriously, and hope that you provided these comments to one of our team members. We wish you the best of luck in finding a great community. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Cindy our Executive Director.

Will definitely recommend

From top to bottom, every single member of the Amber Creek staff always seems to go above and beyond when taking care of not only the residents but the family members as well. They are always caring, courteous and beyond loving. I will always recommend this community to anyone who is looking to place their loved one in a memory care community.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Demetra, thank you for writing this review and recommending Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community. I will be sure to pass along your kind compliments to our teams. The ‘Top to bottom’ and ‘above and beyond’ phrases punctuates are the dedication to the care and loving support we provide. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Rhonda our Executive Director.

in response to your comment

Thank you for your response. I do not agree that it was friendly or professional to ask that I move my mom on a Tuesday night and come into her room on Wednesday, the next day and say you were thinking of your timeline to be Friday, which was in two days. You also told me that you would prefer her move to be sooner than later, also very unprofessional. The reason for the move was that I was told you were not supposed to be caring for a stage 3 wound on her coccyx (buttocks) that she had developed while at Amber Creek months prior to you asking me to leave. I am assuming that not everyone in administration knew it was a stage 3 wound, although I had conveyed this information to the Director of Nursing at Amber Creek. A wound doctor with [Remoived] had confirmed the stage 3 wound.

Not recommending this memory care facility

My mother was at Amber Creek from January until August. She arrived there with no marks on her body and her skin was in perfect shape. She left there with a stage 3 wound on her bottom, which started out as a pressure sore.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Evelyn, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we are sorry that your moms stay with us at Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community had come to a conclusion. Dedication to the care of our residents is a top priority, and our friendly and professional staff ensures a high level of compassion and dignity to every family situation. While we loved having your mom with us, as you know, our scope of services could no longer provide the best care for your mom. We wish you the best of luck on your family's journey.

Mother is very happy with the care.

My mother is very happy here at this community. The staff is excellent and the therapy is wonderful. they offer her activities to keep her active. A variety of good meals to choose from. I would recommend this for others seeking great care for a loved one.

Worth the wait

I literally watched this facility being built so that I could move my husband into it. It has been worth the wait. He has been thriving there. The spaciousness of the hallways and the rooms lends itself to a sense of privacy and security . The activities are very immersive for the residents who wish to participate. My husband is a loner and enjoys finding areas where he can quietly sit and nap. I have found the caregivers to be attentive and efficient. They have become friends of mine. I would definitely recommend this place for those whose loved one needs memory care in a caring environment.

No question I would recommend this community!!

This is a new community and so far it is great, I could not be happier. My mom is still settling in so she does not really participate in many of the activities offered. I have not had a chance to try the food so I cannot speak to that. The community is clean and has nice grounds.

Taking Good Care Of My Wife

My wife is doing better than expected at this community. She has adjusted very well to it, and I'am very pleased. They do a very good job of keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is great, they are very attentive and helpful. She is trying some activities and she likes the food. Overall they are caring for her very well and I would highly recommend this community.

I recommend Amber Creek Inn.

Amber Creek Inn is a brand new community. It's very clean, and the staff is excellent. My wife and I are on a first name basis with the staff. Everybody has been kind and caring. I would recommend this community. My wife participates in various activities and exercises. The food is about a four rating, it's not always the greatest, but that's understandable.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for the helpful review. Here at Amber Creek Inn Memory Care we love being associated with the Scottsdale community. We may be a recent addition to the city, but are no strangers to senior housing. Founded in 1958, Koelsch Senior Communities is a second-generation family-owned company passionate about caring for our aging population. A close-knit community where our excellent staff knows your name highlights our caring relationship with every resident. We are pleased that the Director of Activities provides engaging activities, and Amber Creek Inn appreciates the four-star rating and strives to be the best senior living dining experience in Scottsdale.

Doing just fine

This is not a bad place. The staff is polite, caring and professional. The facility is new, so it is very nice and well maintained. There could be more communication, but all in all, Amber Creek Inn is doing just fine.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for the review, Amber Creek Inn Memory Care in Scottsdale appreciates how accommodating and welcoming the city has been and encouraged to hear how polite, caring and professional we are in providing our services. Koelsch Senior Communities focuses on delivering dedicated, professional and passionate care for our aging population. Communication is key, and if there are specific areas of improvement, please reach out to our Executive Director. We are always listening and improving.