Scottish Rite Building - Springfield, OH

Good Overall

My experience at Scottish Rite has been good overall. I like that the staff is friendly and responsive and I liked that the community is clean and well-maintained. I think the food is alright, but I would rather cook my own if there was a kitchenette in my room. I feel that the occupational and physical therapies need to be more efficient. Both of them seem a little disorganized. Generally, I think Scottish Rite is a good community, but I would appreciate more independence

Great place for living independently

My mom chose this place after viewing quite a few and loves it! The apartments are big with a lot of room to move around, maybe 800sqft. They’re just magnificent. The staff is wonderful and helpful, the rooms get cleaned about once every other week and the facility is spotless. It is independent living so there’s a lot that’s left up to the residents to get done themselves. I’ve eaten there with mom a couple of times and every time, the food is just great. They have a great big dining room, linen on the tables, and menus that you choose your meals from where they bring it right to you. There are steaks, hamburgers, basically whatever you’d like. It truly is like a five-star restaurant. There’s a community center and they have football parties, they’ve had a luau, and there’s even an exercise facility so there’s always something to do. Everyone that lives there seems to be pretty friendly and welcoming. It certainly isn’t cheap, but for a place of quality that feels like home, it’s worth it. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone looking for a facility that’s made for independent living. It’s hands down the nicest place that my mom and I have found and I think she’s very happy here.

Very Caring Staff

This is a very nice community with nice people. My mother really likes it here. The community is very clean, they do a very good job keeping everything nice and clean. Her apartment is very nice, it is always clean when I visit. The staff is wonderful, they have been very kind and helpful with everything. They really care about the residents. The food is good, they do a very well job severing everybody. She is in independent living, but she accesses to help if she needs it.