Brookdale Kettering - Beavercreek Township, OH

Brookdale Kettering - Beavercreek Township, OH has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Kettering - Beavercreek Township, OH

We liked this community; it had a very positive energy. It was homey, clean and well decorated. The staff was knowledgeable, they called each resident we saw by name and treated everyone very well. They showed us around the whole facility. The studio we saw was adequate for Mom.

Loved it, was just what we were looking for

If I were choosing an assisted living community to move into this would be it. As a realtor once told me the three most important points regarding a property are location, location and location.

Nice tour

This is a very nice community and the staff did a great job with our tour, they took their time they showed us all around, there were a lot of amenities for the residents there to choose from, the rooms were nice and we would recommend taking one of their tours to see the community first hand.

A good community for care

This is a good community for my mom. The staff are caring and always attentive. The menu is good and she is pleased with the nice variety of healthy meals. They do have a good list of activities for they have activities for the others that she is trying to get used to do with the others. We would recommend
this community and we like knowing that she does have a friend that is moving in soon.

This has not been a very good experience for my mom so far

I have had to address some major issues with my mom's care and treatment at Brookdale Kettering because my mom ended up in the hospital. Their home health aid did not show up for a week and even though my mom kept telling them that she was ill they did not address any of this until we stepped in and my mother ended up in the hospital. They did not follow-up with their weekly reports to us and had we known that there were issues with the health aide not showing we could have changed companies. Now that my mother is back at Brookdale we are working with them to make sure this does not happen again. Up until now, things had been going fine. The goal now is to work with Brookdale so that our mother's care is addressed correctly.

Not a good feeling!

This community was nice and everything. The staff was helpful and nice and they answered all of our questions. I just did not think that this community was a good fit for my wife. I just did not feel right about the community.

Nice place! Good value!

Everything was great here and the people were knowledgeable. The tour went well and we got to see the residents out and interacting with the staff. We just thought that it would be to far and we wanted mom closer to us.

A tour to remember

This was a different community then what we were looking for. The rooms are a lot like a hotel atmosphere. The staff was nice and answered all of the questions we had. The activities would of been offer for my mom to participate. The value was good, but not a fit for my mom's needs. This might be a good fit for others, but recommend to see if the environment would work for them as well.

A Great Transition to Independent Living with Assistance Available

The staff, especially [Removed], the resident director, and Cheryl, the Executive Director, have been great! They have taken an active interest in the well-being of my family member since moving into the independent living component and have kept me informed of any changes in needs and have kept an eye on my relative. Shannon and her staff in the Personalized Living component are very responsive to the resident's changing needs and are able to tailor services on an as needed basis to make the living situation a positive one as issues arise. They have been able to provide an escort to and from meals as well as a wellness check as scheduled which have definitely made me feel much more comfortable with my family member's changes in independence; and these services can be added or discontinued as needed! My family member appreciates the variety of choices in meals and the availability of special outings to locations that she enjoys! All in all, we don't think we could have found a better situation for her transition from living in her own home to a new independent living situation where she has her own apart,net but also the availability of services to make life more convenient and enjoyable.

Not The Place For Me

I wasn't very impressed with my tour of this community, The community didn't look very well maintained, they could do a better job with that. The man who gave us our tour was not very knowledgeable. He wasn't able to give us information about the rates or lease agreement. It was a decent tour, but the place for me.

Not a good look!

Me and my loved one took a tour of this community. I did not like it. The community is old and very dingy looking. There is not enough light that comes in to the place. The place looks like a trailer park with module homes. It feels like you are camping. The people there are really friendly though and answered all my questions.

My tour!!

I was not impressed with this community during our tour. It felt like an old motel that had been converted into a community. I did not get a good feeling when I was there. The people I met were nice.

Things are wonderful at this community!!

I would recommend this community 100%. Brookdale has been a good place for my mom. The entire staff is helpful, attentive and accommodating. The food is wonderful and they have a great variety. They offer a lot of activities. This is an older community and although some areas need a little maintenance improvement they do keep the community clean.

Run Run RUN

Grandma has been her for over a year. There has always been issues with getting her medication on time or at all. We were told to bring her depends when is't actually already paid for though he insurance. We have been making her bed and doing basically all her care. Last week we found out that wasn't true. We were told by her new case worker that we aren't to do any of this, that all we are supposed to do is visit and enjoy each others company. This week her new case worker and the directer are out of town and 3 days in a row we have gone to check on grandma and she in her depends an a t shirt , no pants, and food caked all over her. We were told no one had been in there, but they've been taking he food tray in and out and someone took her call button away from her......Since we started complaning... guess what grandma is now being kicked out..... my monday.... today is THursday... HELLO!!!.......In short don't put a stray dog here

A Place for Mom

Working with a Place for Mom was wonderful. So helpful and quick. My advisor was polite and professional. She found choices for me that were on the money for what my mom needed.

Brookdale Kettering is a nice community!!

My friend is doing wonderful at this community. The food is ok but he is not a big fan of it. The staff are helpful and willing to work to correct any minor issue that may arise. The community is clean and it gets my recommendation.

very friendly

At Brookdale Kettering the main thing that needs improving is the communication. I would like to see that change. Overall the staff is very friendly to mother. This is something I really appreciate. They have been really great to work with. I am pretty happy with this facility.

This Community was formerly an apartment complex and is nestled amoung several other apt. complexes. It was converted into a Senior Living facility with Independent Living and Assisted Living. Although not completely new, everyone is very friendly here and has worked with me to find the best place for my cousin. Some of the one bedroom apts have attached screened in porches which gives the place the feeling of living in an an apt. complex. The staff is very friendly. It is nice that the Community is located so close to where I live.

A nice looking facility

I think its a nice looking facility. The food doesn't seem to be too hot. The only other thing is that they charge the residents to bring trays to their rooms if they're not able to walk to the dining room. I don't think they should charge for that if their physically not able to do it. It should be optional. Other than that, This is a very nice community. My overall rating is 4 stars. I would recommend it.

Had a terrible experience here

I would NOT recommend Grand Court to anyone whose loved ones need any sort of care, I would not send my worst enemy here. It might be acceptable for a completely independent person, but despite what they told us they are not prepared to handle anyone with any sort of dementia issues.
They did not provide anywhere near the amount of assistance they lead us to believe they would. They did not check on him often at all, we would often visit and find that his room was messy and he had not been bathed recently. There were mix ups with medication that could have been easily prevented with a quick call to us. His health and mental state declined rapidly here, and after we moved him somewhere else he started doing much better. I sincerely advise avoiding this place.

Friendly and helpful staff!

Overall things have gone very well at Grand Court! It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful! They were especially helpful during the move-in process, and were with us every step of the way to make sure things went smoothly and my loved one got settled in without issue!

Independent living $2,200/m...

Independent living $2,200/mo, includes 2 daily meals, housekeeping, scheduled transportation and water and trash service. Running special thru July $500 a month reduction thru 2015. Care cost are additional.

The family thought it was a great pla...

The family thought it was a great place for our dad! The staff and the Nurses were extremely kind and helpful.

This one was nice, except w...

This one was nice, except we didn't like the way the dining room was right in the front door, and it was confusing trying to find your way around. Even the lady showing us around was getting lost. This one is not the one that Mother wants.

Happy with our drcision

Grand Court was really the best fit for my Dad. It's not the newest or cleanest place I looked at but the access to the outside patio of each unit was a major draw for us. The staff has been super friendly and helpful. We decided to move Dad to respite care first then to hus permanent unit. I was disappointed in the respite room-like a B grade hotel room. But, ao far it is working for us.

My favorite place. Small en...

My favorite place. Small enough to get around easily. Beautiful large rooms and full size kitchen. We would like to visit again to be sure.

I Would Highly Recommend Them!

We have nothing but good things to say! It's a little older, but it's very homey and has a lot of charm. The rooms are great too! The 1 bed apartment has a living room and a kitchenette. They also have a plan that has a great room, with a dining area, living area, and a kitchenette. They also have little patios off the back! Our loved one has been happy there, and we've been very pleased as well!

We were in a rush, and they had the availability for us! They were so willing to work with us and help us in! A lot of other places had waiting lists that we couldn't wait for. Also, you don't have to have all the money up front here. They offered us a lesser price and they really work with you. They want to meet your family and make sure they are a great fit, too! They gave us all of their personal phone numbers and we could call them if we need to.

We also like that there is Assisted Living here too, so if she ever needs it, it's right there! They offer a la carte care options for those who are in Independent Living, but maybe want assistance with a couple things. She loves having the two meals a day!

There are lots of social opportunities here! They take trips to the doctor, to Wal-Mart, to the bank, and even to church services. It gives them their independence back, but it also takes the worry off of you. My loved one told me, "I feel like I live like a queen here!"

The apartments are well-sized and hav...

The apartments are well-sized and have nice screened patios. The staff is very friendly and have helped my mom feel comfortable. Of the places I toured, this facility was the most homey. Also the whole facility is one level, making evacuation, if needed, much easier. I would recommend Grand Court to anyone.

High staff turnover

My loved one stayed at this facility for independent living. Eventually her care needs progressed to the point where she needed assisted living care, and from what I had seen of the assisted living here we decided to look into other options. They had a very high degree of staff turnover, which is something I found off-putting.

Friendly. Rooms right size....

Friendly. Rooms right size. Like small kitchen in 1 br. Open room was rather far from the dining room. My mom is blind and has balance problems, so this is a negative. The screened porch is a big PLUS!

We have been very pleased with this f...

We have been very pleased with this facility. First and foremost, my Mom loves it. She feels safe and secure here. Loves the food and the friendliness of the people. We think we are getting great value here.

A very loving atmosphere

Grand court has been a great experience in my journey to find my mother a comfortable, affordable and safe place to live.

Very friendly staff. A bit...

Very friendly staff. A bit dated. Clean and roomy. I don't like the physical separation of independent and assisted living. They offered to do an evaluation of my mom that will be shared by the other facilities.

Mom liked this facility. Co...

Mom liked this facility. Concerns with independent living vs assisted living but in her price range. They do not have an apartment available at this time.

Good Care and Good Value

They're undergoing a new face lift out in front. Before it looked dated a little bit. I don't know what their final plan is going to be but they are updating it.

I think my dad is doing as well as can be expected. He doesn't get involved - he's not a real social animal. He'll be 93 and he's pretty set in his ways. He doesn't really give them a hard time but he does complain. Like the food...it's not mom's cooking, you know? But I've eaten there on several occasions and I think it's good stuff and so does the rest of the family.

Grand Court was able to provide the care we needed and the value was better than most we visited.

Visited before placing at B...

Visited before placing at Brookhaven. Didn't feel it was a good fit.

The sections we saw were very nice. ...

The sections we saw were very nice. Did not see any residents since they were in their apartments due to a intestinal virus that had been with them for a week. The RN did think that they had come to an end, no new sickness but have to wait 72 hours. did get the information packet and spoke to staff representative.

They need to upgrade, though each pla...

They need to upgrade, though each place has a garden area. Small,not many activities.

We loved it. Mom wants it now!

We loved it. Mom wants it now!

I really liked this place. It was on...

I really liked this place. It was on one level, great 2 bedroom apartment, location is close to Kettering Medical Center, close to shopping.

Brookdale provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.