Savannah Court of Lake Wales - Lake Wales, FL

Devastating

Our mother needed assistance in daily living so we decided to check out SC giving up her home of 20 plus yrs wasn't an easy decision. The facility person for lack of a better word she wasn't the administrator but took care of admitting was so kind and friendly and reassuring that our mother would never have to worry about leaving this would be her forever home , mother was feeling very unsure and insecure having to leave her home . I was trying so hard to make this transition as perfect as possible . Mom moved in and was actually adjusting and starting to get comfortable, Long story short after only 3 months something changed ! The administration said she'd have to move out to another facility farther away or share a room , my mother had never shared a room in her adult life and the sister facility I'd heard wasn't so nice . This was not what we'd agreed plus the cost was shooting up by 600 a month they suggested we pay or have a church pay !!!! No way could we pay this ! I was so upset my mother was distraught along with her physical illnesses just seem to compound it all !!! I was livid ! Who wouldn't have been. That's not all !!!! I get a call from my sister that this [Removed] had called and said all was good mom could stay at the rate we first agreed !!! They'd worked it out !!! So I paid the next months rent !!! Well just a few days later I received a letter saying no go !!!!( they wanted the rent ) I had to find another assisted living i did in Winterhaven, it was nice and the closest they were great However my mother never was comfortable she always had it in her mind she'd be asked to move at any given moment. It breaks my heart to look back on this ordeal !!!! I recieved an apology via fb messenger stating she knew SC was wrong in how they treated our mothers situation but she had to do what they said to do . I've never once received a letter from corporate. The day after I had words with the administrator I go in the office and they are all in shredding papers ! What was done to my mother was horrible and every time I see an article on how wonderful they are I cringe !!!!!!! And it takes me back !!!!! Had they been honest from the start things would have been different. This [Removed] person happened to have a mutual friend that stops by my sisters home , she tells my sister if you knew who I was you'd not let me in your house my sister wasn't familiar with her in person so she blew it off . I'll end this review with if I could do this all over again I'd never have darted in your doors and allowed my sweet mother to be put through that ordeal! I don't have mother anymore so all I can hope is this will help someone else who's trying to find assisted living they can count on ! This is all true not one untrue statement! What a nightmare!!!!

Savannah Court Cares

My family and I were looking at assisted living facilities, when we determined that mother could no longer live alone. We decided on Savannah Court in Lake Wales.
The staff and workers are friendly, courteous and are there to meet the needs of the residents.
We have the assurance that her medicine is properly administered and she has three meals per day that are available to her. In addition, we were looking for a facility that was clean and maintained, and smelled good.
Savannah Court is comfortable and has a "homey" atmosphere. Mother feels safe and secure there.

Stephen Liebscher

Thank you Mr. Hood! We love having your mother live with us! I know we never met, but I met your mom when Julie and I visited her in rehab and brought her some yummy Apple Pie! She is a wonderful lady!

I want to thank each and every one of you for everything that you did for my mother, Hester Modlin, while she was there. She felt happy to be a resident there while she was well, and insisted that she return there when they placed her in hospice care. During the time of her residency there, she assure me that she had made the right decision with her move to Savannah Court. I was impressed with the level of care and attentiveness given by the staff. Accommodations and adjustments were made by supervisory level employees that displayed a genuine concern for my Mom's welfare, rather than focusing solely of the bottom line profit margin. With care like this, Savannah Court will always have an outstanding reputation with people eager to become residents there.
The frontline staff that cares for each resident always performed with professionalism and care. Not only did they help my Mom, but they made it a point to include me, by keeping me informed as to mom's status as she slipped away from us. They were in her room on a regular basis, without being summoned. It seems as though every staff member would make it a point to touch my shoulder, give me a comforting smile, or even a hug, when they would come by. This sort of thing comes from the core of the person and not a corporate directive. It is a sincere measure of empathy for what the resident's family is going through.

It is my desire to express to the staff of savannah Court my appreciation and respect. You must realize that there are many of us that know you do whatwhat you do because it is calling. You might not become "rich and famous", but you are promised to be remembered. Thank each and every one of you, including maintenance, kitchen staff, and volunteers.

With sincerity, love, and best wishes

Savannah Court of Lake Wales

I like Savannah Court because they are very friendly, and they can provide the services that my wife's stepfather needs. The staff is excellent. He is a complainer, but he does not complain about the food. He seems very satisfied with the food. The facility is clean. It has entertainment and various functions for the folks that live there. I think they are doing just a pretty good job

Comfortable and caring

My uncle has been in Savannah Court since May of 2013. We have found the staff to be very caring and helpful and we visit often. The facility is clean and never has "that smell." My uncle does not take advantage of all of the activities, but they are available if he so chooses, so that explains our 3.5 star on the activities. This facility is a pleasant homey, pleasant environment.

Wonderful ALF

My mother and father have both been residents of Savannah Court. I have found that the staff is always quite caring with them and with the other residents. The facility is always clean. Savannah Court staff goes out of their way to meet the all of the needs of the residents including mental and emotional needs as well as physical.

The Next Best Place to Home

My father is a resident here and I am very pleased with the quality of care he receives. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are many enjoyable activities such as Bingo, memory games, arts and crafts, music presentations, as well as holiday and birthday parties for the residents and their families. Its small size (about 40 residents) also gives it a very home-like appeal.

It's a great place!

It's a great place, small, it's a forty-something unit community, and like being in a southern plantation. We loved it there. He could get around pretty easy. It's not fancy, but the rooms are nice, they had a few activities. They had a lot of volunteer groups come in and sing. They had really good care. It was just a nice place for a small itty bitty town.

Savannah Court, offering gracious retirement assisted living is located in Lake Wales, Florida in Polk County. The city of Lake Wales, nestled in Central Florida, was voted “The Friendliest Small Town in Florida.” Lake Wales is located on the state’s geographical ridge offering a climate rich in Florida sunshine, but without the humidity of the coastal area. The local atmosphere is enhanced by rolling hills, a carpet of lush green citrus trees, and the inviting waters of numerous lakes. Although a smaller town, Lake Wales is known for its shopping, recreational activities, medical facilities and most importantly, it’s very friendly people. It’s the perfect town for a hospitable assisted living community!

Savannah Court is an intimate assisted living community offering individualized support and services to each resident. Everyone who visits the residence feels welcome the moment they enter the front door. The associates offer a feeling of warmth and charm and are always happy to greet family members and guests of the residents. As you enter the lobby you are immediately looking through French doors and sun filled windows that lead to a large screened porch.

The porch overlooks the centrally located and enclosed courtyard that is manicured with colorful flowers and shade trees. The residents say it is the perfect place to relax, enjoy a cup of coffee and a favorite book!

Savannah Court has it all! But don’t let the elegant décor fool you. The residents will be the first to say that the community represents a true Central Florida retirement lifestyle with comfort throughout. Whether relaxing in the quaint lobby or one of several comfortable living rooms, mingling with new residents at an ice-cream social, or joining a live entertainment performance, Savannah Court offers an abundance of opportunities for any lifestyle. This is assisted living at its finest.

At Savannah Court of Lake Wales, hospitality is the primary focus of all associates. Team membe