Savannah Court of Brandon - Brandon, FL

Review of Savannah Court

Friendly, caring staff. Excellent interaction with residents. Excellent oversight of residents, ensuring potential problems are corrected before they become problems. Ensure medical issues are treated and managed immediately. Encourages, but not forces residents to interact socially.

Review of Savannah Court

Savannah Court is fantastic. Great service, great food, very clean, reasonably priced. Perfect! My 97 year old mother loves staying here.

Mom is very happy.

Review of Savannah Court

Caring concerned staff. Older established facility, but nicely kept.

Review of Savannah Court

My father is 96 years old, he has been living at Savannah Court of Brandon for the past year. He is always treated like family. The meals are great. There is frequent entertainment and lots of activities that he can participate in.

Review of Savannah Court

The staff and administration are excellent. Very caring.

This location is great! We are considering this location for mom.

Lovely people and facility. Too far from our home and my mother in law's church to consider at this time. Staff very engaged with residents.

The place is always clean. The workers are great!! I have no complaints. My mom has lived here for almost 7 years.

Review of Savannah Court Of Brandon Brandon, FL

Excellent staff.

The place is always clean. The workers are great! I have no complaints. My mom has lived here for almost 7 years.

As an entertainer, I have worked in the assisted living/ nursing home industry for quite some time. The Savannah Court of Brandon community has always been clean and well- kept each time I have performed there. It’s obvious that the residents are liked and loved by the staff. They are content, comfortable and happy each time I perform. I would highly recommend this community to anyone.

I am very pleased with the personal attentive patients get The kindness and patience giving to residents.
The care that is giving is met just a job but also with concern and love

Everyone is very friendly very professional. They are really taking good care of dad. Dad has commented several times the food is great and everyone treats him like he was their grandfather.

Savannah Court has always been responsive to the needs of mom. Savannah Court is always neat, clean and organized. If feel comfortable the needs of mom are being met.

We are extremely happy with the care and concern my mom has received for the last 2+ years at Savannah Court. The staff really cares and is always patient and kind. I was afraid to move my mom from her home of 50 years. She made the transition much quicker than I expected. I recommend Savannah Court every chance I get.

My mom enjoys living here and loves all the staff. Very helpful.

I knew that the day might come when my mother would need more care than what I would be able to give her, even though she has 3 other children the load would be mine to carry if she was to have the care she deserves. One of the first things you notice is that there is no smell, that’s quite an accomplishment. Then you may notice that it has a very calming feel, the caretakers are always visible and eager to answer any question. The dining room tables are set with crisp white linen table cloths and have a theme of what every holiday or season we are in. The pleasant feeling runs out and is very reassuring. The community of tenants have made this a home and with the help of the staff, it is one of the most difficult things I have ever done but honestly having Savannah Court definitely eases the guiltiness that you feel as you leave.

A Good View of the Community

I had a lot of tours and this community was not a good fit for my mom. The representative I met with was upfront and they gave me a pretty good tour of the community.

Savannah Court of Brandon

My mother, [Removed] has been at an Skilled Nursing Facility since March 23, 2017. After an MRI and discussion with the doctor, it has been noted that my mother has osteomyelitis. After consideration of my mother's comfort and input from her doctor, I have concluded the best option for my mother is to have her be as pain-free as possible. The doctor has stated he does not feel she is going to be able to return to Savannah Court, which saddens me.

I do not usually write letters of commendation. However, when one is placed in a different situation, one can often miss what they had. This is most certainly the case after my mother had to have a pic line and be moved to an Skilled Nursing Facility.

I can assure you after having three elderly relatives pass on, I am quite aware of the blessing of a wonderful facility. Savannah Court fits that role marvelously. My mother has good memories of her "home". One unique notation is every single staff member there has been kind, courteous and has treated my mother in a dignified and caring manner from day one! From food to housekeeping, maintenance, nursing, food prep, medication, beauty salon, Rhonda, Jan, Dawn, and activities; this "home" has been a class act! I am happy to place a glowing review online and recommend Savannah Court of Brandon to anyone looking for the best place to place a loved one!

Pleased with Moms Move Here

So far everything is working out pretty for my mother with her move to this community. She is pleased, and I'am comfortable with her move here. I know she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is good, they have been kind, and helpful. She has gotten involved win some of the activities they have available. The only thing she would say needs improvement, is the meals. Other than that issues she is doing well, and this is a community I would recommend.

Savannah Court of Brandon

My sister has needed assistance in living since her twenties. She has resided in a dozen or more facilities over the years and none for more than 3 or 4 years. All had difficulty in meeting her long term needs. It will be soon 11 years that she has resided at Savannah Court and this letter is to express her brothers' sincere appreciation for the help given by the staff at Savannah in meeting her special needs and situations.

Her mother, whom she so depend upon all her life is 93 and now resides in a memory care facility. As my sisters only direct relative available to assist her, I could not manage the situation without the quality care and special attention given to her by the understanding and caring staff at Savannah. She is a unique and special needs person. The staff at Savannah, over the years, have given her the security and understanding necessary to live her life with as much quality and happiness as possible in her situation.

Maintenance and Housekeeping have been prompt and sometimes doing extra to me any repair or housekeeping needs that may arise. Medication nursing are very understanding about her frequent request.

I have only praise to offer concerning the extra assistance given to me, when it was necessary, be Director Rhonda, Head Nurse [Removed], Marketing Director [Removed], and Activity Supervisor [Removed]. They are all just super!

Thanks for all you have done for my sister

Sincerely

[Removed]

A good variety of activities!

My father is doing very well at Savannah Court of Brandon. This facility was the best one out of all of the ones that we toured. They take very good care of the people and that was my main concern, making sure they would take good care of my father. They don't just have the residents locked, my father has the freedom to walk around and join activities.

Very Professional While Caring

My father and mother lived there two and five years respectively. Completely satisfied with the quality of care, treatment, and the home-like atmosphere that was given by Savannah Court. Even to the point that when my father passed and I asked her if she wanted to come live with us she replied, "No, this is my home, I want to stay here. That speaks volumes.

Couldn't ask for more

Small, very friendly environment. Staff is committed to providing quality care for residents. My father is happy to be there and has zero desire to be anywhere else. He is very picky about food, but here he eats every meal. When I inquire about his status, I get feedback that matches my knowledge of his progress. I'd recommend Savannah Court to anyone needing memory care for a parent.

Wonderful place

They were top notch I would give them all A's and 100's! They are great people and I would highly recommend them!

Awesome place

I can't say enough good about this place. My relative has dementia and is quite needy, buzzing for help often and for trivial things. They are so kind, patient and understanding there! It is very homey with a big living room with a fireplace and library. Every staff member has been wonderful! The food is delicious, service is great, they even have a Beauty Salon with the sweetest hairdressers there! It is always clean,activities abound and we know our relative is in a great place. From my first call just to inquire, we have been so impressed.

Very happy.

I am very satisfied with this choice for my dad (and his cat). Checked out many other care facilities and very happy with Savannah Courtthus far.

My grandmother is happy at this community. It has a very nice home feeling to it. It stands out due to the care of the staff and the friendliness of the enviroment. The activities are really good for her and she is happy being involved. That had everything that we were looking for here. We would recommend this community because of everything it offers.

Kind and patient staff

Both of my parents have been at Savannah Court of Brandon for a year now. Neither one of my parents is an "easy" resident as my mother has late stage Alhzheimer's and has behavioral issues and my father considers himself her guardian and protector. The staff handles their separate problems with kindness and patience - always, despite their lack of cooperation. The pricing is very reasonable considering the excellent care provided to
both of them.

Best Care

This is a great community for my mom. I knew when I came to tour this facility that she would be happy here. The staff is excellent in everyway. They offer great food and a great variety. She is happy with the activities that are offered to her. We have recommended this to others who want the best care for loved onces.

Exceptional Community

This is an exceptional community, everything is going very well for my father. He really likes it here, and everyone is very friendly and kind. The community is very well-kept. The staff is wonderful, they are caring for him very well. The are great activities for him to choose from. The food is great, he really enjoys the meals. Overall this is a wonderful community, and I would recommend it.

My mom has only lived here 1 month but seems to really like it.

They have all been very nice.

We use the day program here. It's clean, there is no smell. The activities coordinator was gone for a while, and there weren't any activities for a while, she is back now, and that's working out. Samantha the activities director is wonderful, she knows all the clients, and she is wonderful with them. They have all been very nice. I haven't gotten any invoices, and I would like to see that. There has been some staff turnover. I think with a little consistency they could be a four.

very good

My mother has been at Savannah Court of Brandon for just over two months now (since the end of July) and so far everything has been very good.

Clean and Friendly

The Savannah Court of Brandon is really good. It is clean and friendly. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars. I rate the cleanliness 5 stars. I rate the friendliness 4 stars. I rate the value 4 stars. I rate the care services 4 stars. I cannot rate the activities because I am not sure about what type of activities they offer here. Overall, I have had a good experience with the Savannah Court of Brandon.

The care staff are attentive, professional, and friendly. They were so good to my dad, and they knew exactly how to handle any situations that arose. They have a great reputation, and our experiences with them reinforce that. I absolutely recommend them to anyone looking into nursing care. They also offer a variety of activities including Bingo and have pizza nights.

Very nice looking place

Things seem to be going very well at Savannah Court for my loved one! It is a nice looking place, they keep everything very clean, and all of the staff and residents are friendly. They are worth a look if you're looking for senior living in the area!

Nice place, overall

I think they do a very good job at Savannah Court. The staff are all very friendly and professional, and they respond immediately to any requests. They also do a good job with the food here, although now that she has lived here for a bit Mom says they could use more variety.

Likes Savannah Court

My mother has lived at Savannah Court for over a year and she is very happy there. The staff is excellent. The food is good. The grounds are beautiful and designed for the residents to take full advantage of the courtyard and the fresh air. Everyone is friendly and attuned to the residents needs. I have peace of mind knowing she is in a safe place.

Very good!

They were very good. Looking back the only problem I had was that maybe a little more one-on-one when I was trying to get her used to the place might have been helpful. There was enough parking. They were very friendly, very concerned.

Some concerns

I would say that it’s clean. It’s secure. There are limited activities, sometimes limited staffing. I think the food looked adequate. There was always enough parking. I found that the staffing levels created a lack of attention for the residents.

Friendly, clean and compassionate

My mother has been extremely happy at Savannah Court. She brags about how the toast is served "hot" . . . ."You don't get that in most restaurants!"

"Everyone is just as friendly as can be" is another comment from her.

We have been extremely pleased with our choice to move our mom into Savannah Court. You can tell that they really do care.

Savannah Court of Brandon senior assisted living community is licensed for 46 residents, is full of vibrant activity, yet offers a warm and comfortable feel throughout. Savannah Court offers an outstanding local reputation and has proudly been serving Seniors in the Brandon and Tampa Bay area for many years. The residence provides affordable senior assisted living while delivering personal services to all residents, their families and our guests. Soothing, yet striking colors, decor and style throughout will hold your attention as you stroll through this incredible and intimate senior living community.

Savannah Court provides an enriched lifestyle complimented by the unique design and architecture of the community. There is a comfortable lobby with a fireplace, several inviting living rooms, an activity center and a library area. The favorite spot for residents is the dining room where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served restaurant style offering a superb assortment of flavorful meal options to satisfy every pallet. Also available is a private dining room where resident birthday parties, family gatherings and other celebrations are very popular!

The vast activities program specifically designed for seniors is truly unparalleled! From creative and fun exercise classes, to arts and crafts sessions, to in-house musical performances and educational seminars, there is so much to choose from. There are also transportation opportunities available for outings and fun events in the Brandon area as well as scheduled transportation to medical appointments. The activities calendar is always exciting and full! This is senior assisted living at its best!

The Savannah Court team is committed to providing the services that you deserve. So sit back and let us take care of the cooking, housekeeping, linen and laundry, maintenance, a fun activities program, and so much more.

Brandon city is located in Central Hillsborough County. Palm River-Clair Mel borders it to the west across US route 301. To its east is Valrico. Seffner, Mango, and East Lake-Orient park border it to the north, while Bloomingdale and Riverview are located to the south.

Brandon city is served by three ZIP codes: 33509, 33510, and 33511. 33509 also doubles as its post office address. Statistics from the United States Census Bureau indicate that Brandon has a total area of 35.0 square miles, of which 33.1 square miles is land and 1.9 square miles is water. La Viva, Kenningston Estates, Barrington Oaks East, Limona, and Brandon Hills are neighborhoods within the county.

Climate

Brandon experiences humid subtropical climate. Temperatures falling below freezing point are rare, occurring only a few nights each year because of its distance from the coast. Brandon receives plenty of rainfall (about 1100 mm each year). Summer in the city is usually very long and hot with average daily temperatures of 89 degrees Farenheight. Winters are usually dry and mild with temperatures averaging 62 degrees Farenheight. Once in a while, winters may have low temperatures in the 30s.

Demographics

Brandon is home to over 100,000 individuals. Its population density is estimated to be 3,126.3 people per square mile.

Caucasians and whites, including white Hispanics, make up 72% of the city's total population, while African Americans form 16.1%. Latinos, Asians, and Native Americans form 21%, 3.5%, and 0.4% of the population, respectively. Native Hawaiians and multiracial people form 0.1% and 3.5%, respectively.

There were 43,352 households in the area as of 2010. 8.1% of these households were vacant. 11.7% had a single female as the head of the household, 25.8% were non-families, and 19.6% had a single individual living in them. 4.5% had an individual aged 65 years and older. The average family size in the city was recorded to be 3.10, while the average household size was 2.68.

The median age of the city's inhabitants is 34. 26.9% of the population were aged 18 and younger. 8.5% were aged between 18 and 24 years, while 33.5% were aged between 25 and 44 years. 22.4% were aged 45 to 64 years, and the remaining 8.7% were aged 67 and older. There are 100 females for every 94 males. The city's per capita income is $22,080. Males typically have a higher income than females ($37,454 for males and $28,935 for females).

Transportation

Three express and four local transit bus lines serve Brandon city. The local lines include:
- Line 46: Westfield Brandon to Davis Islands

Medical transportation companies include:
- M.C. Blessed Transportation Services
- ACC Medic

Sports Facilities

Brandon is home to a number of sports facilities and clubs.

- Bowling: Roll a ball at Brandon Crossroads Bowl.
- Swimming: Take a lesson at the Brandon Sports and Aquatic Center or at the Woods and Water Outdoor Sports Center.
- Sports Therapy: Visit the Therapy and Sports Centers at Brandon to consult a physical therapist.
- Skating: Roller skate at the Skateland of Brandon rink, or carry your skateboard to Providence Skate Park.

Shopping Facilities

Brandon has several shopping centers, including:

- Regency Square
- Lake Brandon Village
- Brandon Boulevard Shoppes
- Windhorst Center

Health Facilities

Brandon city has different health facilities to cover various issues.

- Mental Health Centers: The North Side Mental Health Center and Brandon Health Center provide top-class mental health treatments.
- Rehabilitation Centers: Consult a rehabilitation specialist at Central Park Health Care and Rehabilitation Center or at the Consulate Health Care of Brandon.
- Dental Clinics: Have your oral health taken care of at Oakfield Community Dental Care or at the Suncoast Community Dental Health Center.

Entertainment

Savannah Court of Brandon is next to numerous entertainment spots.

- Movie Theatre: Grab some popcorn and watch a movie at AMC The Regency.
- Pool: Strike shots at Bahama Breeze or Baluka Billiards and Lounge.
- Home Entertainment: Contact Kevin Frye Entertainment for exclusive home entertainment discounts.
- Newspapers: Catch the latest and trending news by reading Osprey Observer Newspapers.

Security and Safety

On a scale of 1-100, Brandon's crime index is 39. The chance of becoming a victim of violent crime is 1 in 496. Murder, robbery, and assault are the most known crimes perpetuated in Florida. However, these crimes are rarely reported in Brandon. Property crime in the city is low and includes offenses such as auto theft, arson, and larceny theft. Year over year, crimes in the city have decreased by 5%.

Religion

40.73% of the people living in Brandon are religious. Christianity is widely practiced with denominations such as Protestants, Catholics, Methodists, Baptists, Pentecostal, and Lutheran. Islam, Judaism, and other Eastern religions are also practised by some of the population. Those who are not affiliated with any religion are either atheists or agnostics.

Attractions

Brandon has a number of parks that attract tourists. For instance, Clayton Park and Lakeview Village Park attract tourists who like to indulge in open-field activities. The Carousel at Westfield offers a variety of family activities for those who want to unwind from mundane routine. Take a ride in the hydraulic glass elevator at Macy's inn.