Brookdale Brandon - Brandon, FL

Brookdale Brandon - Brandon, FL has yet not published prices.

Stay Away From Here

This place is only good if your parent(s) are very independent and require no staff assistance. The staff are caring enough but they are never around to do their jobs: showering/bathing assistance, dressing assistance, toileting, etc., and we paid for all these services in addition to the rent which went up every year. When Emeritus sold to Brookdale the quality of the institution fell sharply and quickly. Its appeal is the size of the rooms and cost but trust me when I say it is worth it to pay more and actually get the services for your loved one. My parents would go weeks without showers if I did not assist them and the same with laundry and housekeeping. The facility is dirty and smells horrible...beware.

I really enjoyed touring Brookdale Brandon. I had the opportunity to meet and speak with several residents during the tour and they seem very happy living there. There is a very cheerful feeling throughout the facility.
[Removed] was thorough and answered all my questions.

Too Big

I had a lot of tours and this community was not a good fit for my mom. This community was too big and we needed something much smaller. The representative I met with was upfront and they gave me a pretty good tour of the community.

My wife & I were able to briefly tour the Brookdale Assisted Living facility. We think it may be a good fit for my dad.

We will like to do it again, this time with my 89 year old dad, [Removed] . Hopefully, he will agree that it will be suitable for him.

Clean Community!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff were very friendly and made sure to provide lots of great information to my loved one and I.They had a nice floor plan with wide hallways as well as spacious common areas. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

The staff bend over backwards to please mom.

Mom is very happy at Brookdale. She has already gained a network of new friends and is as involved as she wants to be. She enjoys the weekly trips on their bus away from the center to do shopping or eating. It is such a relief to be able to go out of town for a week at a time and not have to worry about her. We know she's getting the best care possible. She really likes the staff and seems to like the food. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Did not like the layout!

When I toured the Brookdale, it was shaped like an octagon, I knew that it would be very difficult to for my father to walk around. Just when I was on the tour, I was having a hard time getting out of the way and walking around the place, it would not be a good fit.

Before the tour began, we were impressed by the level of socialization between the residents at Brookdale Brandon. We noticed that staff members greeted the residents by name and were concerned with their needs. Our tour was led by [Removed]. who was friendly and easy to communicate with. [Removed] was able to answer all of our questions as well as show us a few apts that were more that sufficient for my elderly father. Over all Brookdale is on the top of our list. However, my father's health has taken a turn for the worse so we are unsure about future placement for him.

Still adjusting...

Things are going well for my father at the Brookdale Brandon so far. The place is clean and maintained well. The meals are very good, I have tried it myself. He is joining activities and continuing to adjust to the community.

A Very Helpful Community

My dad is here and doing well, he is getting use to the community little by little. The staff are very nice and helpful. They remember some of his likes and once brought his meal to his room and made a sandwich of his choice. Activities are plentiful and they do reminder for residents who signed up. I only wish they could help my dad remember to sign up for the activities. Linda is more available when I need to contact a staff.

Toured, seemed very nice!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Although we didn't end up moving our loved one here, this would have been the place we chose! It's a nice looking community, and the staff all seem very friendly and caring. I also really liked how busy their activity schedule looked! I would recommend it, if you're looking into care options in the area!

My Mother Adjusted Very Well To This Community

My mother has made the transition to this community very well. The community is very well maintained, everything is nice and clean. My interaction with the staff has been very pleasant. There are activities for her to participate in when she is ready. The food is nice, she likes the meals. I know she is in good hands, and being cared for very well. I would recommend this community.

My Grandfather is living here now. It's a great place and all the staff are very nice. Carl, the maintenance guy, spoke with my Grandfather for awhile and made him feel at ease.

Could be better

My mother has lived here since July and our experience has not been that great. There has been more than one issue with medical and medicine management, which is an additional charge, since she's been there. The disconnect with administration and family is also an issue. Overall truly not pleased and that is unfortunate because the location is ideal. Hopefully these issues can be resolved so that she can remain a resident. She seems to like the hands on caregivers well so that is not an issue and the meals are also good as are in house activities but those are critical issues as are medical management and healthcare. Facility fairly well kept and her first unit was immaculate second unit not so much. Overall experience would be rated as unsatisfactory in the areas mentioned.

Brookdale Brandon is a Hell Hole

This is a horrible place. Do not put any of your loved ones here and don't believe the commercials they are running about how they treat residents as family. It is so untrue. I can stress enough how terrible this place is.

[removed] Call the Florida Ombudsman office to verify this information.

My mother was left in bed for the first 18 days and not bathed despite our numerous calls and visits. She is a vegetarian and they tried to force feed her a hamburger, telling her it was a veggie burger. The staff picked her up by the waistband of her pants instead of assisting her in getting in and out bed.

The staff is unfriendly and argue constantly with each other about who does the most work. Pendants are not answered timely. My mother called me numerous times to call the facility because it had been over 20 minutes with no response. The staff never arrived in time to get her to the potty, [removed]

At the tour, the executives on site [removed] about the level of care my mother would receive. She is recovering from a stroke. The month she spent a Brookdale Brandon set her back [removed]. I had to put her back in a rehab facility as private pay which was about $[removed] per month to build her strength back up.

The worst staff member I had interaction with was [removed], the Director of Nursing, [removed]. I never understood why she [removed] so much - it was strange the things she said. [removed]
This place is not the place for a loved one.

Friendly place!

We toured this community while looking into senior care options for a loved one. Brookdale Brandon seemed like a very nice place! The community was well kept, and everyone we interacted with seemed happy and polite.

Seems like a nice place!

Overall my loved one seems to be enjoying himself here. The staff are friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. Really the only complaint I have heard is that he says the food could be better!

Nice place!

Overall I think they've done a good job at Emeritus at Brandon. It's a nice looking, clean community, and everyone here seems to be very friendly. There are a few ways I think they could improve, however. First, I wish they would have a bit more variety in their activities, and I would like it if they did more outings. Second would be the food. The food itself is actually quite good, it is high quality and presented well. The issue is that sometimes it comes out cold, probably just due to the logistics of serving so many people. But overall I've been happy here, and I would recommend it to others.

Emeritus at Brandon - Assisted Living Facility

The facility has very friendly staff and the atmosphere is very pleasant. My mother is much happier in this assisted living facility. However, repairs could be done in a more timely manner.

All in all really good.

It is excellently clean. There are two different kinds of staff, the med techs are wonderful, they are so good. However when you try to reach the administrative staff they don't answer or call back, until one of the nurses and other staff will get the answers to the questions, again showing how great they are. I think they are a really good value. The activities are happening but aren't all as enchanting as the senior center would offer. What I had hoped for is that they would schedule them for activities to participate in and remind them to go. They have other dementia communities nearby so even if we need to move the deposit moves over to the other facilities, this was something we found particularly useful. The food is really tasty. The servings are small, but they don't need that much. The dining room has a feel of being in a restaraunt, and they get a choice. There are a couple things that are just always available, and a then they have choice of two entrees, there is a soup or salad, a main course with a starch, and desert. The waitstaff does a good job, and are friendly. The nurse gave us good advice. They are really good about the medication management too. They will make friends easier if you aren't there as often. They have a bus and will take you where you need to go, and then on Thursday if you request it a week ahead they will take you somewhere different if you need.

My sister and I stopped by ...

My sister and I stopped by here also. It was a wonderful place, planned activities, people were in the craft room or walking around they looked happy. The staff plans trips to the mall and shopping, once a week they go to dinner if they chose to, just a nice place to be. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. However at this time my Mom can not afford it.

Mixed Feelings

The staff that I have met seemed extremely friendly, but my mother might disagree. It seems expensive to me, although I don't know what the rest of the places charge. They charge for every little thing - things that I think should be included. They are charging a $7 tray fee to bring her food to her room for every single meal! My mother doesn't like having to self-propel herself to the dining room, and she feels like they are discriminating against her because she is so heavy that they don't want to push her around. She doesn't participate in anything; she wants to be in her room, so I can't really rate the activities. We visited Emeritus first, and after visiting another community, we decided on Emeritus because it seemed more up to date.

Wasn't impressed.

Wasn't impressed.

My niece toured this facility...

My niece toured this facility and really, really like the staff, atmosphere of the facility and activities available.

Have been working with the director.....

Have been working with the director...She is great. This is top choice, love this one!

Very good meeting a clean and well ru...

Very good meeting a clean and well run place Lori was great .Room are very small.I am still looking when I have time

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system