The Crossings at Riverview - Riverview, FL

Enjoyed the tour, lots to see and do. 12 residents were at a Ray's game! Rooms are beautiful, so many activities from which to choose.Hope to be moving my mother in law in next month.

Extremely unsatisfied!

My grandmother was in the memory care portion of this facility right under a month and to say the experience has been less than satisfactory would be an understatement.

Upon our initial tour of the facility we asked if the staff encourages the residents to participate in the activities that were scheduled for the day. Furthermore, we asked if one of the residents were stubborn and said no at first would they still work to get them to participate. We explained that my grandmother was notorious for not wanting to participate unless encouraged to do so a few times, we were assured that the staff would be made aware as so to get her engaged. We were sold on the idea that she'd be in an environment that'd help her mentally and physically.

However, after moving her in we'd visit often at different times of the day and every time we'd find her either laying in bed or sitting on couch sleeping when other residents were doing activities. When we inquired why she was always laying in bed or not with other residents, the answer was always "she didn't want to get up/participate." We've spoken to staff after these situations and were informed staff would be made aware to be more persistent in getting her up/engaged; however, no change was made and it was the same thing over and over again.

Some other concerns I'd like to mention: staff locks the doors when residents are out in common areas, well upon visiting one day, we found my grandmother LOCKED inside her room, staff wasn't even aware she was locked inside the room. She fell twice while there, the first time she fell we questioned how she fell and none of the staff could give an answer and would state the person on duty at the time was not there. Another mentionable concern, when she has fell she has busted her head open and after the bleeding and they didn’t even bathe her when she came back from hospital they left all the blood on her. We had to ask them two days later if they would bathe her to get all the blood off her head and leg. She had a second fall a few days ago and we made the decision to just take her out of the facility completely.

Some additional note worthy items: she's had items of hers come up missing and when we asked staff about the items they stated they would have to look around and never were able to give a straight answer. We had a small rail on her bed to assist her in sitting up/getting out of bed and one day we came to visit and it was missing. We inquired about it and was informed the state came in and removed it as it is considered a "restraint." We understood why it was removed, however when we asked where the rail was so we could take it home, none of the staff knew where it was. It was my grandmothers roommate that mentioned "I might know a place where it's at" and sure enough the room she showed us had the rail in it.

Overall, my grandmother is in a worst state mentally and physically than a month ago when we put her in the facility; I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone, especially for the price of $4,900 a month!

Review of The Crossings at Riverview - Riverview, FL

The facility is ideally located. The staff is friendly and attentive. The activities are great and keep us engaged.
The food menus need close attention. There are too many carbohydrates in the daily menu. I question the care giver to their concern by the dietitian.
Top administration my wish to consider being more visible in the building.

Review of The Crossings at Riverview - Riverview, FL

The staff was very friendly and answered all my questions about the facility. I’m hoping to see you again in the future.

Review of The Crossings at Riverview - Riverview, FL

I love the place I live in. The entertainers are great and I love the food here.

Review of The Crossings at Riverview - Riverview, FL

I’m an activities director at another community. I’m also friends with the activities director of the Crossings. We are always exchanging ideas. I toured the place once and it was cleaned and staff was very friendly.

Review of The Crossings at Riverview - Riverview, FL

I volunteer here once a week. I love calling Bingo and spending time with such happy folks.

Review of The Crossings at Riverview - Riverview, FL

I enjoy all the activities. The maintenance the one of the hard worker.

Review of The Crossings at Riverview - Riverview, FL

I ran into some residents in the bowling Alley. This was what brought me into the place. I just love the interaction between the staff and residents. Now I’m hoping that my sister-in-law loves the place when she comes from California to tour the facility.

Review of The Crossings at Riverview - Riverview, FL

My mom lives here. She’s very happy. She loves especially how the maintenance group keeps the facility clean. If something breaks they try to fix it right away. She also likes Happy Hour. Although she doesn’t like to join other activities she finds them very interesting.

Both my parents are doing great

I am very pleased with the care that my parents are getting here. The staff is very friendly and caring and they show that when they interact with all their residents. My folks are starting to be a part of the activities and they like going to the dining area and socializing with the other residents, the food is also good with plenty of options to choose from. Everything is nice and clean and this has been a good fit for my parents.

Highly Positive Review

We were very pleased when we visited the Crossings and knew immediately that it was our place of choice. We were delighted when my mother-in-law was accepted there.

Comfort and Care

We toured this community for my husbands care. The staff were very nice and caring to the care we needed.The community was clean and a nice atmosphere. This community was further for us then what we were looking for. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

The crossings at Riverview is a spectacular asst. living facility. When we arrived for our tour, the facility bus had just returned from taking residents shopping and we watched as the residents returned home. We spoke to a few of them and they all seemed happy with the outing. We were taken on a tour of the facility and everything: game room,library, movie room, dining room are all top-notch. Many of the rooms have windows facing the water (which is located at the back of the facility). Due to my father's medical needs at this time this facility may not be best suited for him, but I would strongly suggest that if anyone has a parent who is in need of placement into an asst. living facility, you must tour this site.

Bad Medication Management

My parents are back home with me now. The community looks great, everything was very nice and clean. The meals were nice, the food is good. The staff was kind and very nice. My issue was with the head nurse, she was not good at medication management. My parents medication was mishandled many times. It is a nice community. I would only recommend it if you don't need much medication management.

Solid Gold Community

We had our family member at a different ALF which was more conveniently located, but it was no longer working out. We sat down with the staff at The Crossings over a period of days and asked hundreds of questions based on prior experience. All questions were answered to our satisfaction, and the move occurred. Despite some initial challenges (typical in any new environment), our family member settled in very happily. The facility is bright, cheery, professional and caring. This shows in nearly every aspect of the facility. We would highly recommend The Crossings at this time. Any tiny detail we questioned has been handled quickly and easily. It is never easy to place a family member into an ALF, but The Crossings has made it pleasant as they are as good as their word. We no longer feel we have to watch over our family member to be sure he is being properly cared for, we know the staff is taking care of it.

The Community Is Great

The community is great and we have no issues. My mom likes her new home and I definitely would recommend this place. The facility is always very clean and the food here is really good. My mom likes the menu options and the staff do a good job making sure everyone is eating.

Hollie Bragg

What an incredible review. Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a privilege being a part of your Mom's life.

Best value

While looking for a facility for my wife, I personally toured 11 sites and looked at 2 more by phone or internet. I considered amenities, services, location, staff involvement in daily care, staffing, building, activities, therapy availability, living space options, cost,employee appearance and personality and most importantly food quality, appearance, service, and variety. The Chef uses his imagination to make the standard menu a touch above the others. Other facilities offered some very good options but The Crossings came out on top for overall ratings. There are other cheaper facilities but again considering the overall total package The Crossings came out on top. My wife has been at The Crossings for a month and she is happy and comfortable with the staff, activities and food, therefore I know I made the right choice

Hollie Bragg

Thank you Rob for your comments about The Crossings at Riverview. We look forward to continue serving you and all of your family’s needs.

Wonderful Facility

My mother was there for several months while recovering from a stroke. The facility is so beautiful and looks more like a hotel than an assisted living facility. This is not the first ALF my mom went to, so I have some perspective on what's good and what's bad. When you walk in there is a front desk with a person ready to greet you. There is no odd or unpleasant smell like so many elderly care facilities have.

The Crossings' staff encourages the residents to interact and be social, so my mother made many new friends. When we went on the facility bus to go shopping, the residents were laughing and joking with each other. It was really nice to see them smiling and happy. There is always something fun and interesting for the residents to do - movies, games, pool table, a library (and they update the books monthly).

The staff is friendly and professional. When my mother went back to the hospital, several staff members called her to see how she was doing and let her know they missed her.

The physical therapy is fantastic. The delicious meals are prepared by a chef (not a cook). I can't say enough good things about The Crossings. You will not have to worry about the safety or care of your family member if you decide The Crossings. You will be able to sleep nights!

Andrew Forsyth

Wow! What an incredible review. Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a privilege being apart of your Mom's life.

We are doing pretty good here.

We are doing pretty good here. My loved one doesn't really care for the food. It's clean and the staff is friendly, I haven't had any real complaints yet. So far it's all be little picky stuff. Overall we are pretty satisfied.

Andrew Forsyth

Thank you for your review... Please reach out to our Executive Director and our Chef so we can personally take care of your concerns.

going just fine

The Crossings at Riverview overall is going just fine. It is expensive though. The facility is clean. The staff is very friendly. They have activities but she is not participating. The care is good here.

Andrew Forsyth

Thank you. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review.

My Mother-In-Law

My mother-in-law has been at several assisted living and nursing/rehab centers. She has only been at the crossings about a month but I am in love with the place.
It feels like walking into a fancy hotel.
It always smells nice and everything looks clean.
The food looks delicious. I haven't tried it but my mother-in-law seems to love it. They have a lot of variety if you don't like the choices for the evening. She gets anything she wants to drink.
The staff is very friendly. They spend their time caring for the residents and not talking to each other. They are very attentive and quick to react. All the residents seem clean and content.
The common areas are light and inviting. The outdoor areas are set up in such away that there are several places to sit and be alone with your family.
The crossings is an all around great place to live.

Andrew Forsyth

Wow Patricia Thank you so much for this awesome review... We love taking care of your Mother-In-Law... She is most definitely flourishing here with us. We look forward to continue serving your family.

It take a village

My Father has been at The Crossings for a little over three weeks. The staff has been very responsive, there isn't a question that goes unanswered. We check up on his progress weekly; are in contact with the Staff, the doctors and the physical and speech therapists. They say it takes a village to raise a child, it also takes a village to ensure your loved ones have a good quality of life and are getting the proper care they deserve.

Andrew Forsyth

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words. It is a pleasure and a privilege being apart of your Father's life. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to add to his quality of life.

Nice place, but feels understaffed

Our experience at The Crossings at Riverview has been somewhat mixed. The people here are very friendly, and they do a good job keeping the facility looking well kept and clean. However, when it comes to the care they just feel understaffed, which can cause delays or missed details. It's not a bad place, I just wish they had a few more people on staff.

Andrew Forsyth

We really appreciate your thoughts. Thank you for sharing. Our Executive Director will reach out to you personally.

It's a very nice place, and everyone there is very nice and he's actually happy, so that's important.

Andrew Forsyth

Thank you for sharing. It is always nice to know when a family member notices their loved one is happy and yes, that is very important!

Highly Recommend

Our parents moved to the Crossings approximately 2 months ago. We have experienced strong support from the staff and management team, helping get them settled and comfortable. We have found everyone very friendly, helpful and engaging. We are very pleased with the facility, care, amount of attention and overall interaction with our folks and family members. Our parents are regularly encouraged to be active and socialize with other residents. The facility is extremely nice both in amenities and setting, located next to the river. We highly recommend the Crossings at Riverview.

Andrew Forsyth

Wow Tom!!! Thank you so much for the great comments. We truly love having Dad & Mom here at The Crossings! I especially had a great time with Dad when we took him out on a boat for Father's Day...

Highli

My father and step-mother have been living at the Crossings of Riverview for approximately two months. We couldn't be happier with the level of care, interaction and support for our family. The facility and setting are gorgeous. The staff very friendly and helpful and the food is very good. There is a wide variety of activities that keep residence engaged and busy. We would definitely recommend this facility to anyone needing an Assisted Living environment.

Andrew Forsyth

It is truley our pleasure to serve your family and all of your parent's needs!!!

The Right Move

The staff is wonderful with the residents, including all Management. There are always activities going on with residents encouraged to participate. Moved parents from out of state to The Crossings at Riverview to be close to us. They have improved so drastically (75% turnaround for Mom who has had 2 strokes) in the 2 months they have been at The Crossings that I would highly recommend this facility for your loved one.

Andrew Forsyth

So glad to hear that we can add to your parent's quality of life!!!

I first contacted Jennifer in November and immediately put down a deposit sight unseen. The philosophy of care was what I wanted for my Mother.

The facility is now finished, she has moved in, the care and grounds are wonderful. Mother loves her apartment and raves about the food.

The staff contacts me with any concerns or questions and has been very nice to my mother.

I think this is an outstanding facility and know that Jennifer has picked the staff with an eye toward making this a wonderful environment for the residents.

Victoria Johnson

Thank you Victoria!

I would rate the Friendliness 6 stars!

The people there are very achieving in trying to make sure that everything was done well. They have been very great with communication. Everything was easy to move her in. Very Clean and Good Value. I would rate the Friendliness 6 stars!

Andrew Forsyth

Wow!!! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Five Stars in every aspect!

The whole facility is outstanding. It is a brand new, beautiful, physical plant. The rooms are large, spacious with a large kitchenette. The dining room is beautiful, the food is outstanding. The staff is very pleasant and efficient. I am glad that I am a residnet here.

Andrew Forsyth

We love you George... Thank you for your kind words!

Exceptional facility!

MY 93 year Mother has been living in a skilled nursing facility in Sun City Center,Fl for the past two years. Although it was a very nice facility, it was a sterile hospital environment, and not conducive for her quality of life. My mother preferred to stay in her room, including meals and rarely socialized.

We found "The Crossings at Riverview" and WOW, what a difference. She has been at the "Crossings for a little over a week now and her entire personality has returned. She is going to happy hour, mingling with residents, venturing on her own on the lovely riverview grounds. After 2 years of trying to convince mom to get hearing aids, only 2 days after moving in - she asked "when am I going to get my hearing aids and TV?

The staff is outstanding. They have delivered far beyond our expectations each and every day.

I highly recommend this brand new facility and you had better get in soon before it is filled to capacity.

Andrew Forsyth

Thank you Rick and Mary for your kind words. We are happy to have Mom as part of our Crossings family. We look forward to exceeding your expectations in the future.

Review of the Crossings At Riverview

My mother is 94 years old and has lived with a family member for the last 15 years. Her first day was difficult, but the experienced staff gave her excellent care and were very attentive to her transition. She has now now been there for one week and has adjusted nicely to the facility. The care continues to be above average. I know I made the right choice by placing my mother at The Crossings At Riverview.

In addition to the great care, the food prepared by Chef Terry has been excellent. The grounds overlook the Alafia River .... A very calming park like setting. The apartments were created with seniors in mind. My mother has a studio apartment. It has wide doors for my mothers walker/wheel chair. The shower has a built in seat with grab bars. There is also a nice mini kitchen with a microwave, small kitchen sink and almost full size refrigerator. Planned activities are also available for the residents.

I am very happy with the excellent care and attention my mother receives at the Crossings At Riverview. I give them a five star rating.

Andrew Forsyth

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are very excited to have Mom as part of The Crossings family... Many great times to come!!!

EXCEPTIONAL

The Crossings at Riverview is a highly anticipated and soon-to-be amazing residence for senior adults. As we began the process of finding a new place to call "home" for my father, we researched, communicated, listened and toured. No other assisted living community has compared to what we have experienced thus far.

The first phone call to Jennifer King, the Administrative Director, confirmed that there is something unique and special coming! Jennifer's knowledge of the needs and concerns of seniors and those needing memory care is extensive, and her passion for their care is inspiring! She is and will be an extraordinary administrator.

Jennifer has selected a qualified staff, and like Jennifer, they are committed to the complete care and well-being of the residents. Jennifer and the department directors have designed an environment for an enthusiastic and compassionate team--a team whose primary objective is to meet the needs of each and every resident.

Every aspect of the residents' care is being thoroughly planned, from their medical needs to social and spiritual activities to nutrition (with a culinary-trained chef) to a comprehensive plan for a pleasant and attentive community that demands excellence at every level!

Space has been expertly designed for on call physicians and other health care personnel, including physical and occupational therapy, Multiple activity rooms are available for every possible need, including a state-of-the art theatre room, library and salon!

Jennifer is assembling an exceptional housekeeping and maintenance staff that will keep all the activity rooms, residents' rooms, common areas and the entire building and grounds in immaculate condition.

We have observed a comprehensive and extensive plan for an incredible, cheerful, and attentive senior adult community. What a joy and a privilege to be a part of this phenomenal and nurturing community! We eagerly anticipate the move-in date for my dad!

Andrew Forsyth

Thank you for your kind words.

Very Impressive Property!

I explored the opportunity of moving my 86 year old father into The Crossings recently. It is located in a gorgeous setting, with beautiful views of the river and lovely grounds with walking paths. We visited before construction was complete, but enough was done that we could tell it would be a grand place to live. Jennifer was most gracious and knowledgeable about the needs of elderly residents, so I'm certain that it will be a marvelous experience for anyone who decides to reside there. I was quite impressed with her vision of what things will be like upon completion. Looking forward to visiting again and definitely consider it as a possibility for my dad's future needs.

Andrew Forsyth

Thank you so much Jan for your wonderful comments about The Crossings at Riverview. It has been a privledge serving your Family as we near opening. We hope to see you agian real soon.

Very Impressive Property!

Thank you!

It's almost completed...experience so far

Our family is excited for our move-in date. We chose this specific facility because of the fact that it was brand new construction, had beautiful views of the river and grounds, has memory care if that becomes a need and the responsiveness of the administration. From our first phone call to touring the construction site several times, phone calls, text messages, emails, they have all been answered not only timely but with detailed information. Many facilities are nice and maybe even new, it's the communication that our family absolutely requires! I would recommend contacting the staff and taking a tour.
(I will write another review after move-in but wanted to share my experience up to this point)

Andrew Forsyth

Thank you Dan for your comments about The Crossings at Riverview. We look forward to continue serving you and all of your families needs. Thanks!

Review of The Crossing at Riverview Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Riverview, FL

The location was still in construction but looks like it will be a very nice place. I believe my parents would like it there and am sending info received on the location to them for review.

Andrew Forsyth

Thank you for your comments. Please let us know if we can help in any way.