Santa Monica Pavilion - Los Angeles, CA

Run from this place - Do not come here

This is not a good place to put your love ones or yourself. No one introduced themselves to me but one lady. The information that I was given before coming here was a lie. I was told that they had nurses here, could take care of someone who had medical issues and needed help, and could do a specialized diet. This was a concern because I am on a cardio, low sodium, low fat, low cholesterol, diabetic diet. I came from the ER so I adidn't get a chance to check out the place.

It may or may not work for someone who has dementia or alzheimer's which is what they say is their specialty . The place is rundown, beds old, food not nutritional (too high in fat and sodium, low in fruit and vegetables), etc. A nurse is not always on site and not all staff speak English well enough to help you. They didn't have bedpans so I had to use diapers which the staff didn't know how to put on properly so the pad under me got wet every time. It took them too long to change me when I rang for them. I had to wait as long as one hour.

A friend who was visiting me knew I needed a remote for my TV, which was not in the room and the staff said they didn't know where it was. She saw an empty room and looked in the drawers under the TV to see if one was there and saw roaches crawling in it.

Dementia patients are allowed to walk around and into other rooms. A male staff member stated that there wasn't anything they could do about it, just ring them and they will get them out of your room. I'm stuck in bed because I can't move my legs at this time. It is not a safe place.

I'm working with my insurance company to have them move me to a more appropriate place. If you need help, can't take care of yourself, PLEASE do yourself a favor and pass on this place.

Really great!

The cleanliness is very good – it was the first thing that caught my attention. I’m very happy with the fact that every time my dad has an appointment a nurse goes with him and stays with him. Daphne and all the nurses there are very friendly. It’s a very good value for the money in Santa Monica.

Nice staff, good set-up, but lots of ...

Nice staff, good set-up, but lots of shared rooms and not a nice neighborhood.

This appears to be just west of (or A...

This appears to be just west of (or AT) Bundy.