Sandy Lake - Coppell, TX

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

They have answered all of my questions and my loved one's questions. It is clean and, so far, accommodating. She likes the therapist. I like the admissions person.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

We are very pleased with the experience here at the facility so far. We do not have any real complaints at all. Every staff member has been great. However, there are no meal choices. They do ask if they cannot eat something and will replace it, but overall, the quality of food could improve.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

Overall, it has gone well. The staff are very nice, especially the nurses. One particular nurse is exceptional. We have gotten to know her quite well. She is absolutely amazing. There have been a couple people that didn't quite pick up on what my loved one needed. Most of them have been very fine. The staff are quite friendly. The menu needs to cater more to dietary restrictions.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

My main concern is with the CNAs. Some are beyond excellent and are happy to do their jobs, and I feel as though there are some that do not like being there. The facility has not necessarily reached out to me. The only reason I have gotten a call was to tell me they were going to admit my loved one.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

I like the facility. My mom says it is okay. From what I am seeing, the rehab therapy is great. From what I see, the nursing care is good, and my mom says it is okay. They are not communicating with me, but they communicate with my sister.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

It is not what I expected, but they are doing okay and the staff is perfect. I think the rooms could be upgraded.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

There are aspects that are good and aspects that are not good. The rehab therapy is good. The nurses need to be more nurturing. It is all business. The staff are effective, but they need more personality and warmth. Their attitudes could be enhanced. The front desk is good. The common areas are clean. I was disappointed with the bathrooms. My mom says the food is decent. I did not get the admissions paperwork until five days after she was admitted. They made sure that there was a place for my mom when getting us in. I do not have any complaints at all.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

I like the therapy. He does good in rehab. The staff are friendly. My dad has been happy with the food. They have too much carpet for the facility, and it is not good for elderly people. The nurses need to be more informed of what is going on. Every time I call the facility, it is so hard to connect to the nurses to get information, especially on the weekends. They should answer the phones. They say they are really busy, but they should help the families too.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

It is still a little early in the process; however, their communication seems to be fine at this point. I have high expectations for these kinds of places, and they cannot meet some of them. I have expressed my concerns about the cleanliness, and they say they are working on them.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

Going from the hospital to the rehab has been an adjustment. There seems to be a language barrier.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

The staff were all friendly. The facility is well-kept. They have one of the cleanest facilities. When my mom was sick, they said they called an ambulance, but they did not communicate clearly. They called a non-emergency transport vehicle. They said it was coming in 20 minutes, and it did not come. I called an ambulance because she was so sick. When the paramedics came, they said her medical equipment was not on. No one called me immediately to tell me what was going on.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

One of the aides had a medical issue in my loved one's room. It took two hours to get this taken care of. Some of the staff have been very rude. It takes 30 to 45 minutes for help to come.

Review of Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center

They administered medications late and left my loved one on the toilet. The food quality was horrible. When we tried to call for information, it took hours to get someone to contact. She did not have her pain medication on time, so it was hard to do therapy. The nurses were hard to understand. They were not doing their job. I did like the head nurse.

Review of Sandy Lake

Everybody I have talked to has been very caring. It is very clean. The food looks and smells really good.

Review of Sandy Lake

My loved one is getting good therapy there and he has been
progressing leaps and bounds. He seems to love the food. We like the woman who gave us the tour. She was helpful and informative and answered all of our questions.

Review of Sandy Lake

This place is very good! This is my loved one's second time at the facility and it is just great. And we know people that have gone to this facility and had the same experience as we have had. He loves the meals. They make them personalized as well as delicious. I am there all the time so the staff is able to communicate with me as far as his care goes, which they have done.

Review of Sandy Lake

Everything has gone well at the facility so far. They have been working with us as a whole to make sure my loved one's stay goes as smoothly as possible. For example, the nutritionist met with us to go over her likes and dislikes and in that same day the items that she preferred showed up at lunch. That was really nice to see! It's very clean and the staff is very friendly.

Review of Sandy Lake

They are professional and provide great care. They exceed expectations. The entire facility and staff are fantastic. The meals could improve, but they are fine.

They were all friendly.

Review of Sandy Lake

The therapy is excellent. We are very happy with the speech and occupational therapists. I like the fact the fact that the nurses get to know my loved one, are conscious about what is going on and always know where he is. Everyone is friendly. They ask me my name and are personable. The people there go above and beyond.

Review of Sandy Lake

The person who did my loved one's admission was very friendly. My loved one seems to think the meals could be better.

Review of Sandy Lake

My loved one seems to be improving. The nurses have been excellent. The staff is good. Everybody has been very friendly. It is very clean. They clean every day. He is not eating real good. It may be more him than the meals. I have an issue with finding out what is going on. I cannot seem to get a hold of someone to find out how things are going.

Review of Sandy Lake

The physical therapy is good and the food is not bad. The nursing is not the greatest. The nurses have an attitude. They do not want to come to work in the morning. I would only recommend this place for the physical therapy.

Review of Sandy Lake

The food is really bad and my loved one is not eating. He has a broken call button. The rehab therapy is really good. The staff are very friendly. The facility smells. The therapist has been in contact but the other staff are not contacting me with information.

Sandy Lake is a great place, they take wonderful care of the residents and really care about them. The residents seem very happy there, my father-in-law was there and they were fantastic with him, he really loved it there!

Great Care

If you're looking for an in patient rehab look no further. Prior to my surgery I've never had a need for in patient therapy and wasn't sure what to expect. Thanks to the outstanding therapy staff I made it home just in time to celebrate Christmas with my family. Thank you Sandy Lake for the great care.

Great Care. Great Rehab.

My dad was at Sandy Lake rehab recently for a total knee. At first I was skeptical due to some of the reviews I read, but decided to pursue after going to see the rehab in person and meeting with the admissions staff. While Dad there everyone was very friendly and really seemed to care about him. The communication was great which was one of my biggest concerns. The therapist were great, sometimes Dad needed a little bit of a push and they always seem to know the best way to handle him to make it happen. Thank you Sandy Lake for the work you do.

STAY FAR AWAY!

Do yourself a favor, and if your family member ends up at Sandy Lake, starting looking for another place immediately. The staff is way overworked and overwhelmed, and they do not have the time to care for the patients because of understaffing not to mention the language barrier along with rude, put out nurses and everyone else there for that matter. all they care about is suckering you into signing patient up for long term care-over my dead body! they would tell mew my mom did not want to talk to mew on the phone, hang up on me and argue..the last straw was them giving my mom the wrong meds at night. some antideppressent for severe depression disorders and insomnia. the [remove] social worker tammy had the nerve to call me and blame me for my mom sleeping all day ! hello?? check the chart [remove] yall gave her the wrong pill!
i am so glad i took my mom out of there she was getting bed sores and basoically starting to loose her mind,,stay away from this disgusting joke of a rehab

Shut this facility down

This place needs to be shut down. They're extremely aggressive, and even threatened to not let my mother leave with me when I told them I was coming to pick her up. They gave her medication for insomnia which gave her what appeared to be seizures when sleeping or nightmares. They then accused me somehow of causing her to sleep all day. They don't even acknowledge the laws here in our country. Don't walk but run from this place. Straight to the courthouse.

WARNING

This place doesn't deserve any stars you are better off dropping off your family members at a veterinarian clinic. They would get better care. The management staff is incompetent therefore the floor staff reflects it. They hardly have staff and can keep staff due to the hostile environment. If you have family here, please come everyday all shifts unannounced in order to ensure the best care for your family.

Careless

This place is horrible. They never have good staffing. The director of nursing screams at the others including residents in front of others. The administrator will not do anything unless it's concerning the garden. Never any laundry and rooms are never cleaned completely. The residents are poorly taken care of because the staffing is way overworked due to the high turn around of employees. The administrator and director of nursing needs to be replaced. They are very disrepectful to the employees and it's a very hostel place to be. I will never to my family to this place.

Very good

My mother was there for a few months this summer to recover from a stroke and other complications. We were both apprehensive as she has always been able to take care of herself but she needed full time care I could not provide. We were both pleasantly surprised. She loved it and said over and over that they took very good care of her. The nursing staff and rehab staff and front office staff were all great. They pushed my mom to keep getting better and she is now living on her own again. Thanks so much to everyone there!

Beauty is only skin deep

This place is very beautiful. But like all things looks can be deceiving. The staff is over worked. The administrator spends so much time in the garden he doesn't know what goes on in the inside. The director of nursing should be a patient due to her poor memory and judgement. If know what is best for your family members take them to a better place. The recruiters will tell people anything to get your family members there. Remember the recruiters get paid to do this.

Look elsewhere!

Try another facility for your sanity and blood pressure. This place has been through two bankruptcies in the recent past so staff thinks that subpar effort for the residents' care is acceptable. We caught two medication errors and half the time the latex glove box was empty. Housekeeping was very poor with sticky floors and sticky rolling trays. Mother-in-law's glasses were always dirty and they lost one of her hearing aids. We were there every day and she still ended up with skin sores from not being kept clean and dry. We had to make daily trips down to the laundry facility to find clothing that was "lost" and we told them repeatedly we were going to her laundry. We never did find some pieces.
It seems like there was more effort on the garden and the pretty front reception area than the residents' rooms and bathrooms.

Very pleased

Reading through other reviews I was skeptical about Sandy Lake, however I went to visit the facility because most of the reviews were at least a year old. I'm happy to say I was very pleased with everything my family experienced here. Apparently they are under new management as of very recently and have made improvements in every aspect according to past reviews. From what was explained they basically have all new staff from nursing to the business offices. The therapist were all very good and helped my father progress quicker than anticipated and were all very kind even when he was a bit stubborn. Nursing was also great, the night shift seemed they were not as well staffed as the day shift, even with that we never had any major problems. They are very clean and didn't have the typical "nursing home" smell, which was a huge bonus. I would highly recommend them.

High turnover of staff and poor commu...

High turnover of staff and poor communication. May have been due to recent administration changes.

Met with the adninstrator. Talked ext...

Met with the adninstrator. Talked extensively about mom's needs and even identified the wing and nurses where her needs could be best met. The tour was about mom and not a marketing tour. Close to home. History with families i know are currently there and provide unbiased input.

SeniorAdvisor.com
Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center is the top-notch choice for skilled nursing and rehabilitation services in the community of Coppell, Texas. Our services accommodate those in need of short-term recovery as well as extended care. Our comprehensive therapy programs are state of the art, and feature a variety of whole-person wellness activities such as recreational therapy and dietary coaching.

Sandy Lake offers around the clock skilled nursing services to ensure your loved one is always well cared for. We provide short term rehabilitation services that include speech, occupational, and physical therapy, as well as wide range of other conditions. Additionally we provide hospice and respite care, dementia care, and many resident enrichment programs.