Sandy Lake Rehabilitation And Care Center - Coppell, TX

Sandy Lake is a great place, they take wonderful care of the residents and really care about them. The residents seem very happy there, my father-in-law was there and they were fantastic with him, he really loved it there!

Great Care

If you're looking for an in patient rehab look no further. Prior to my surgery I've never had a need for in patient therapy and wasn't sure what to expect. Thanks to the outstanding therapy staff I made it home just in time to celebrate Christmas with my family. Thank you Sandy Lake for the great care.

Great Care. Great Rehab.

My dad was at Sandy Lake rehab recently for a total knee. At first I was skeptical due to some of the reviews I read, but decided to pursue after going to see the rehab in person and meeting with the admissions staff. While Dad there everyone was very friendly and really seemed to care about him. The communication was great which was one of my biggest concerns. The therapist were great, sometimes Dad needed a little bit of a push and they always seem to know the best way to handle him to make it happen. Thank you Sandy Lake for the work you do.

STAY FAR AWAY!

Do yourself a favor, and if your family member ends up at Sandy Lake, starting looking for another place immediately. The staff is way overworked and overwhelmed, and they do not have the time to care for the patients because of understaffing not to mention the language barrier along with rude, put out nurses and everyone else there for that matter. all they care about is suckering you into signing patient up for long term care-over my dead body! they would tell mew my mom did not want to talk to mew on the phone, hang up on me and argue..the last straw was them giving my mom the wrong meds at night. some antideppressent for severe depression disorders and insomnia. the [remove] social worker tammy had the nerve to call me and blame me for my mom sleeping all day ! hello?? check the chart [remove] yall gave her the wrong pill!
i am so glad i took my mom out of there she was getting bed sores and basoically starting to loose her mind,,stay away from this disgusting joke of a rehab

Shut this facility down

This place needs to be shut down. They're extremely aggressive, and even threatened to not let my mother leave with me when I told them I was coming to pick her up. They gave her medication for insomnia which gave her what appeared to be seizures when sleeping or nightmares. They then accused me somehow of causing her to sleep all day. They don't even acknowledge the laws here in our country. Don't walk but run from this place. Straight to the courthouse.

WARNING

This place doesn't deserve any stars you are better off dropping off your family members at a veterinarian clinic. They would get better care. The management staff is incompetent therefore the floor staff reflects it. They hardly have staff and can keep staff due to the hostile environment. If you have family here, please come everyday all shifts unannounced in order to ensure the best care for your family.

Careless

This place is horrible. They never have good staffing. The director of nursing screams at the others including residents in front of others. The administrator will not do anything unless it's concerning the garden. Never any laundry and rooms are never cleaned completely. The residents are poorly taken care of because the staffing is way overworked due to the high turn around of employees. The administrator and director of nursing needs to be replaced. They are very disrepectful to the employees and it's a very hostel place to be. I will never to my family to this place.

Very good

My mother was there for a few months this summer to recover from a stroke and other complications. We were both apprehensive as she has always been able to take care of herself but she needed full time care I could not provide. We were both pleasantly surprised. She loved it and said over and over that they took very good care of her. The nursing staff and rehab staff and front office staff were all great. They pushed my mom to keep getting better and she is now living on her own again. Thanks so much to everyone there!

Beauty is only skin deep

This place is very beautiful. But like all things looks can be deceiving. The staff is over worked. The administrator spends so much time in the garden he doesn't know what goes on in the inside. The director of nursing should be a patient due to her poor memory and judgement. If know what is best for your family members take them to a better place. The recruiters will tell people anything to get your family members there. Remember the recruiters get paid to do this.

Look elsewhere!

Try another facility for your sanity and blood pressure. This place has been through two bankruptcies in the recent past so staff thinks that subpar effort for the residents' care is acceptable. We caught two medication errors and half the time the latex glove box was empty. Housekeeping was very poor with sticky floors and sticky rolling trays. Mother-in-law's glasses were always dirty and they lost one of her hearing aids. We were there every day and she still ended up with skin sores from not being kept clean and dry. We had to make daily trips down to the laundry facility to find clothing that was "lost" and we told them repeatedly we were going to her laundry. We never did find some pieces.
It seems like there was more effort on the garden and the pretty front reception area than the residents' rooms and bathrooms.

Very pleased

Reading through other reviews I was skeptical about Sandy Lake, however I went to visit the facility because most of the reviews were at least a year old. I'm happy to say I was very pleased with everything my family experienced here. Apparently they are under new management as of very recently and have made improvements in every aspect according to past reviews. From what was explained they basically have all new staff from nursing to the business offices. The therapist were all very good and helped my father progress quicker than anticipated and were all very kind even when he was a bit stubborn. Nursing was also great, the night shift seemed they were not as well staffed as the day shift, even with that we never had any major problems. They are very clean and didn't have the typical "nursing home" smell, which was a huge bonus. I would highly recommend them.

High turnover of staff and poor commu...

High turnover of staff and poor communication. May have been due to recent administration changes.

Met with the adninstrator. Talked ext...

Met with the adninstrator. Talked extensively about mom's needs and even identified the wing and nurses where her needs could be best met. The tour was about mom and not a marketing tour. Close to home. History with families i know are currently there and provide unbiased input.