30 Day Notice to Vacate and Your Security Deposit

If you are considering retirement living for you or a loved one, ASK THIS IMPORTANT QUESTION. "If my loved one dies or becomes acutely ill and must move immediately, will your 30 day notice to vacate be enforced?"
In nearly all senior living settings the contract stipulates a 30 day notice to vacate. At Salmon Creek Retirement Living, Boise, this stipulation is applied even in the event of death or acute sudden illness necessitating a move.
At move in, my mother was also charged a security deposit of $1045. My mother's SECURITY DEPOSIT of $1045.00 was ARBITRARILY applied to the 30 day notice to vacate. My mother sustained serious pelvic and hip injuries, was in the hospital for nearly a month, and COULD NOT RETURN to Salmon Creek but the 30 day notice to vacate was enforced and her security deposit of $1045 was CONFISCATED AND ARBITRARILY retained by Salmon Creek.
There are a lot of pitfalls and unknowns when you care for a senior loved one. ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS UPFRONT AND AVOID UNEXPECTED EXPENSES LATER.

No complaints!

My impression of Salmon Creek so far is great! The grounds are kept very clean and the staff is very friendly and polite. My loved one gets plenty of chances to get out and participate in activities. I have no complaints about this community!

I took a tour!

The Salmon Creek along with other communities that we toured was very nice. The place was clean and we were thrilled with the friendliness of the staff. The reason we chose another community was because of its location.

My opinion.

This is a beautiful clean community. The staff we met during our tour were nice. The food was excellent. The pricing , however did not fit what we were looking for. This community seemed a little more for high roller type residents.

Great Administration !!

My loved ones have been treated wonderfully at this community. The administration and maintenance staff have been extremely helpful to make sure my parents needs are met. The cleaning is taking care of every week, and the meals are great. I do wish they would add another elevator in the building to make things more convenient for the residents.

like the friendliness of the staff

I like the overall friendliness of the staff. The staff is great. I like how they serve the meals to the residents. I also like how they take care of their clients. They do a good job.

Salmon Creek

This is a superb retirement community for Boise-area seniors. It has an excellent food service, daily activities that are attractive to a wide variety of residents, and a focus on safety and support. My mother resides there and loves Salmon Creek. I encourage you to tour and check it out!

Looks like a very nice place, but my dad does not want apartment-style living right now. He is interested in a more house-like option, such as a leased patio home in a retirement community with optional assisted living care available.

Very nice, but very expensive.

I thought Salmon Creek was very nice. I really liked the activity, and the option to have meals when I don't want to cook. It was, however, much more expensive than what I was looking for.

Excellent facility, but there was no way mom could use the stairs to take the dog out.

wonderful

I went to Salmon Creek because I had shoulder surgery and needed a place to stay for a while. They were wonderful. They brought me my meals in my room, and were very concerned for me and helpful as I recovered. When I was there they had a gourmet cook, and I believe he has now left due to budget cuts, and with that their meals have become a lot more plain and with more starches.

They are doing a great job there. My parents really like it.

They are doing a great job there. My parents really like it. They enjoy the food, and it's clean and the staff is friendly. We don't really have any concerns. It's working out quite well.

My mother loves the people and the activities

I really liked all of the activities. The food is very good, and the managers are absolutely wonderful.

The managers take the time to get to know everyone who is there. They have a genuine caring for everyone.

They have various sizes of apartments.

My mother absolutely loves living there. She likes the people who are there, the food, and the activities.

They have pretty much something for everyone in activities, so my mother has found two or three things she likes to do, she has made several friends, and she has fit in real well.

Great place....looks like a...

Great place....looks like apartments from the outside but they are all connected from the inside. Residents look happy. Always impressed with how these managers know the names of the people. It's a good fit for my mom except for the price. Cliff was good to give me some options to consider and offer his assistance in pursuing these options.

Great Place

The manager, Cliff, was very helpful in getting me moved into this great place. The food is tasty and varied with special touches to make it appealing. Can tell there has been care taken in choosing workers who are not only hard workers but are caring to those of us living here. I feel wanted and cared for. Visitors are welcome which gives it a homey feel. All in all I am glad to be here and hope to stay for a long time.

High Quality Management

I'm moving there. It was a very calm place. I have a lot of pain in my shoulder and I discovered it was from stress. There is a woman at the place I'm living now that is creating stress I don't need so I'm moving. Salmon Creek is going to do a lot to help me move in. I think the management is more in control there. It's a much higher quality of management at Salmon Creek. They've gone out of their way to try to help me. I feel it's going to be a lot better for me.

average age 83; studio ave $2090 but ...

average age 83; studio ave $2090 but n/a; $1 bdrm ave $2340; all meals included; too expensive probably

Wecoming, open, bright, friendly. Lar...

Wecoming, open, bright, friendly. Largest room was nice but ? a bit small for desires. Biggest negative is no full kitchen....

This was good, but not our 1st choice.

This was good, but not our 1st choice.

We believe that Salmon Creek is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At Salmon Creek, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Salmon Creek features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.