Heatherwood Senior Living - Boise, ID

A community for care and comfort

We toured this community for the care for my mom. The community was clean and we liked the cottages that they offer. We liked the environment. We saw a nice list of helpful activities for the residents. We would recommend other families to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Remodeling is a concern!

The staff at this community is nice. Dad is not happy though as they are remodeling the community and he is not getting any information about the progress of the remodel. There has been a recent ownership change. The director and maintenance people are always to busy to talk. The food is ok, however he wishes there was a little more variety. They offer some activities and they just hired a new activities director.

Good place to live

I moved in last spring and very delighted I did. The management staff has been very helpful and compassionate with my situation. Most of the time the food is good but I wish we had more options.

My Parents Are Doing Well Here

My parents are doing very well here at this community. They are taking good care of them. The community is one level, and everything looks great. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff is great, they have been helpful and attentive. There are nice activities offered. My mother is very pleased with the meals. I know they are safe and in good hands. Overall this is a community I would recommend.

A Decent Community, Need Some Improvements

So far our experiences in this community have been decent. They are changing owners, so we are waiting it out to see if things change. They are not very good at following through with what they promise. The old administration was not good, I'am really hoping the administration improves. The care staff is great, I really enjoy the staff. The community is very well maintained, everything looks great. The food is good, they have a nice variety of choices. It is a nice community.

Amazing Community

This is a amazing community, my mother is doing extremely well here. The community looks great, they do a very good job with keeping everything nice and neat. The staff is great, they have been super helpful and accommodating. Everything is working out very well. A place for mom was amazing to work with. Overall everything is going very well.

great place

great personal- great food- great place to be

My grandmother does not have any care services provided. They come in and clean her room and it is always clean when I get there. I'm not sure how clean it is when they clean it. They also provide her with meals which she goes down to the cafeteria. My grandmother does not participate in any activities but they do offer them.

Great staff

The staff is great and they really helped us make the transition a smooth one. We never thought we would have to move her here, but it is a nice place. The other residents are very nice and the food here is good too.

Wonderful staff

The staff here is wonderful. They are so nice and professional. The building is always clean and neat. We love the way everything is so organize here. The atmosphere is great and the other residents are so nice and they are helpful too!

Great experience

We moved our mother into Heatherwood and are very satisfied with everything so far. The staff is outstanding. Lisa, the manager, is exceptional and it was a pleasure working with her. The move-in went very smooth and all our questions were answered almost before we asked. All of the residents we spoke with were very happy with Heatherwood.

Everyone would complain, but they just didn't care.

I lived here for four years, and I loved it, until about a year ago. It changed, it was awful, so I moved. They wouldn't even listen to what peoples complaints were. The cook was awful, the spices were making me sick, and when my family would visit and eat they would get sick too. Everyone would complain, but they just didn't care.

really good

Their intake procedure was really good. They have very good clear-cut policies on how to handle difficult situations.

One area where they could improve is that they could stand to have a few more and wider variety of activities including all sorts of things.

We have been very well pleased with Heatherwood Retirement Community and would highly recommend them.

Good job.

My first contact with Heatherwood was through A Place for Mom. After I received the contact information, I did a phone interview with their marketing director, Lisa. She is very energetic, likeable and makes a terrific spokesperson for Heatherwood. They were really great to work with, coordinating a difficult move-in, easing mom into independent living and dealing with out of state communication. I appreciate their willingness to consider my mother as a person. She is treated with respect. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is great! There are activities to interest her every week. I think the best thing is that I have not received a call from mom complaining and crying. She feels safe and is making friends, just after a month. Kudos to Heatherwood.

We think it's a very nice facility,

We think it's a very nice facility, and she seems to be enjoying it there. It's clean, and the staff is very friendly. They seem to be adequately staffed. She is enjoying the food. We aren't finding any hidden fees or charges, it's pretty much what we expected to pay. It's going pretty good at this point.

Very pleased...

My mother has lived at Heatherwood for a few years. I am always so impressed with the quality of people working there, the excellent food in the dining room, the number and variety of events in and outside of Heatherwood they are involved in.

My mother's toilet overflowed and flooded the room. Their immediate and thorough action was very encouraging.

I have nothing but good things to say about Heatherwood.

Loved the variety of activi...

Loved the variety of activities they had available. The style of one of their apartments was a style I thought my mom could be comfortable in. I went in doubtful about the location of the facility but it really wasn't far at all. Lisa was great and informative. Loved how the residents had personalized their space in front of their doors. My mom would love that.

Love Heatherwood!

I like the staff. Lisa and Rod are awesome and have gone out of their way to help with the transition.

The apartment has a lot of storage and a fireplace, which makes it more appealing than many of the other places where we looked.

The food is excellent and plentiful.

Since it is independent living, we are not using any care services. The price is a little high, but workable. The location is perfect for us.

The folks have only been in for a week or so, and it may take a little while for them to adjust.

All in all, we're very happy with our decision and think they will be happy there.

Not Working For Me

I've tried to get the management to deal with the fact that the woman next to me is whamming her closet door at night when she gets home from playing pool. It's right on the other side of my bedroom wall and it's waking me up. I've just had surgery and I'm exhausted. She corners me in the hallways and tries to get some sort of anger response out of me. I have no desire to fight with anyone. No one else has that problem though. I liked it until the food qualit went down. It's just about the bottom of what you can buy prepackaged. Everyone gets house cleaning and that's been fine. The transportation has been good. I was upset when I came here because about 4 of the men had too much testosterone and were making too many blatant advances and I was very unappreciative of their attitudes. There are a lot of fine people here and a lot of fine staff but it's just not working for me. I think it works for a lot of people.

studio apt $1760 400 sf; 1 bdrm $1995...

studio apt $1760 400 sf; 1 bdrm $1995 - $2175/mon; month to month lease; covered parking; close to the Y for swimming; walking club; gardening available; very active community - only independent living; temp help with meds available; 110 units - 77 full; ave age 70-75

Folks found the hallway too long for ...

Folks found the hallway too long for my dad to walk with walker and elevator too small for wheelchair. They also don't want to pay for lunches they don't receive.

At Heatherwood, residents enjoy an active, engaging lifestyle that promotes wellness and independence. It is our goal to keep our residents linked to resources and opportunities that will fulfill their needs and interests in the Boise area. Residents have many opportunities to participate in a variety of life enriching activities and events designed to stimulate the mind, body and soul. From cocktail-hour gatherings where you can learn about the nuances of a good Pinot Noir, to a discussion of the latest best seller in our Life-Long Learning series, to exploring new ways to stay healthy in a fitness class...expect the unexpected.

Heatherwood is more than a place to live - it is a community. When what you desire most is exactly where you want it to be, celebrate!