Saint Joseph's Home for the Elderly - Claremont, CA

Showing improvement

The owners here have been doing a great job of working with us to accommodate our loved one, who has a lot of additional care needs that they are learning to handle. We've still had a few incidents that required our intervention, but overall they've been doing a good job helping her settle in and learn her routine. Things are still a little shaky but they are improving.

Nice Place

That was a very nice place. It was both clean and organized. but the people there were more interested in me than in my mom. They were showing the room to me, not my mom. I'm thinking this is my mom that we're talking about. Maybe that's just the way they do it because some of the perspective residents aren't with it but my mom was able to participate.

Treated Like Family

It's new; it just opened up the first of the year. I'm extremely pleased with the care. My mother has only been there a couple of weeks. It's clean and friendly. Their caregivers are very compassionate and very careful with the patient. They're always there as needed.

They're working on their acitivites. Of course, mom is not able to do anything yet. Last weekend they had a barbeque for the guests and their families. It was a lovely, social affair.

The administrator is there everyday. He spends a lot of time there and works in the garden. His wife comes with him a lot on the weekends. They treat the patients like family.