Sunrise of Claremont - Claremont, CA

A really lovely place in a quiet location with both Assisted Living and Memory Care available.

Sunrise of Claremont

I toured Sunrise of Claremont while looking at different options for my mother. Overall, it seemed like a nice community. It is a bit older than some of the other places we were looking, the rooms seemed small, and I didn’t like that mealtimes were scheduled. I was hoping to find a community where my mother could take mealtimes when she wished. I also felt that it was a little too busy, as it was close to the freeway. I was hoping for a quieter, more comfortable and homey place for my mother.

Options to consider

We toured this community for care. We did not like the atmosphere of the community. The staff did not make us comfortable. They had a nice menu and activities that would have been offered. We wanted a home feeling for mom. Families should consider a tour for care

Really loved this place. Felt very much like a nice comfortable home. Staff are friendly. Hallways are spacious, common areas clean and fresh. One bedroom suite airy, modern. Pricey, seems worth it.

A good place

The staff at this community are great. They went out of their way to make sure things were taken care of before my grandma moved in. They did what they could to help and encourage her. She was only there for a short time and she did seem to enjoy the food. They were able to accommodate her dietary needs. The community was clean and I would recommend it.

Community for care.

We toured this community. The staff was friendly. The community was very clean and maintained. We liked the nice variety of meals. Families should see for themselves everything about this community for a loved one.

Wonderful caretakers at this community !!

I have to say that this community did a wonderful job at taking care of my mother and her needs. Her health started to get worse while she was living here and the ladies that take care of the residents did an excellent job at accommodating my mothers needs. They spent lots of time with her and got to know her on a personal level making her feel right at home and comfortable. I am very pleased with the amount of compassion this place provides for all of there residents.

Great place

I am very happy with how my dad is taken care of at Sunrise! This has been hard for him but everyone is so nice and make him feel wanted and important.

It was a very nice facility, and they were friendly. I had a nice tour.

This was the first place I toured, so I didn't know quite what to expect. It was a little more expensive than the one I ended up choosing. It was a very nice facility, and they were friendly. I had a nice tour. It really was a nice place.

Review of Sunrise of Claremont - Claremont, CA

looks very nice but toooo much money

Not impressed

We were not impressed....the Memory Care Unit key code was forgotten twice, to get in and out. Tour guide couldn’t recall examples of activities or outings, had to be prodded for info. It was difficult to get into and out of the parking lot and the lot was small, difficult to manage visitors. They want your loved one to fit into their program rather than talking of their program meeting his needs. An outing to an Irish bar or casino didn’t meet my dad’s interests at all, but were mentioned frequently...this even with encouragement to focus on Catholic mass availability and community benevolent projects he could be involved with. He would have to have an attendant with him to go on the patio....likely to not happen as often as we expressed he enjoys the outdoors. Easily went off our list of maybes!

short staffed

They have been absolutely wonderful at Sunrise Of Claremont. They are short staffed and that is the most bothersome issue for me. Also in the beginning we were told that the care takers are assigned to 3-6 residents depending on needs but really it's more like 13-20. I was also told they would have the same caretaker for the most part and this just hasn't been the case. It's particularly bothersome when the patient has Alzheimer's. The main issue I would like to see resolve here is the shortage of staff.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with more details so we can follow up.

Thanks!
Online Marketing, CSO

Very nice. Toured this back...

Very nice. Toured this back on July 5th.

An okay community.

My brother toured this community and it was very nice. We didn’t end up placing our mother here, but we could have. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. It's an okay place and might be a really good fit for your family.

I love it!

It's definitely pricey, but it's good care, and you get what you pay for! We chose this place because it's in a good location and close by. The staff are all super friendly! They are always giving hugs and they really put the residents first! Every single staff member is great and they are all just awesome!!

Nice areas for grouping of ...

Nice areas for grouping of the persons living there. I did not care for the bedrooms as much. Only a double was available at this time. They had a cat and 2 dogs there. There was a little order of that and we have people allergic in our family.

Loved the facilities and all the amen...

Loved the facilities and all the amenities. Confusing on their charges and the 'point' system. Yearly increase.

Nice place, but didn't feel they were...

Nice place, but didn't feel they were very welcoming, left us on our own after some of the tour with my mom.

I've seen other facilities and know t...

I've seen other facilities and know the floor plans . They are delighful to see. The room sizes are nice. The costs were on the higher end.

Although we loved Sunrise of Claremon...

Although we loved Sunrise of Claremont, it's more that we budgeted for.

About Sunrise of Claremont

Community & Location Highlights:

•Convenient location in Claremont, CA
•Near Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center

Sunrise of Claremont in Claremont, California, is home to a vibrant community of active senior residents. We take great pride in caring for our residents as members of our family. Activities and meals are based on each resident’s preferences and needs, and housekeeping keeps everything tidy and clean so residents have plenty of time for recreation and socializing. Our recently remodeled community offers new, comfortable seating areas and dining venues throughout the community. Visit our community today to see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise of Claremont home.