Oak Park Manor - Claremont, CA

Community for care

This was a nice community tour. The staff was nice and the environment was clean. The staff was caring to the needs of what we were looking for. They offer a lot of nice meals and good activities. We liked the community, but it was more than we could afford.

Excellent Facility

I had my father in this facility a year ago. The place is beautiful and the staff is very caring. The caregivers treated my dad like gold. Nurse Jennifer was absolutely amazing. There was not one thing that they would not do to make the experience for your loved one a good place to be. The director [Removed] impressed me and was so kind and doing the paperwork accurate and helping me with every step to get him out of this horrible nursing home where he was located. This was a temporary situation for us as I wanted my Dad home but I loved this place. Now its a year later and I will be calling [Removed] very soon. A+++++++

The only thing I would say that I wish could have been better is that there were more patients that were higher functioning. Many there are in the final stages of the disease.

My Dad had a double room so my costs were higher than most might pay.

They have a nurse on staff full time...

They have a nurse on staff full time and that they have consistent care providers so that the same care givers are with my grandfather all the time rather than having a rotating shift. The food is good. There is an outside area. It’s conveniently located for me and there is enough parking.

We had an awful experience here! My l...

We had an awful experience here! My loved one was only here for a short while, and they said they couldn't care for him. This place is really set up for residents that are 90 years old or older, and can only sit in wheelchairs. They told me they had activities and things to do, and they didn't do anything with my loved one. They just shut him in the dining room by himself.

We really liked this place ...

We really liked this place but would like to see one other community before we make our decision.

older looking facility 54 p...

older looking facility 54 patients. Small facility. mostly shared rooms

I Like A Lot of Things About Them

That probably would have been my second choice. I like a lot of things about the feel of that place. We met with the director there and I liked her philosophy on a lot of things we talked about. The thing that I didn't like is I don't think there were any private rooms and they also had a situation where they had two rooms which actually would be 4 people sharing one bathroom and I didn't care for that at all. But as far as the feel of the place, I liked it and it seemed like the care was good there.

Good Community

(Activities Not Rated) We chose this community because it was within our budget they were able to offer us the best price. We really like the community so far and she seems to be adjusting fine. We feel like we made the right choice when choosing Oak Park Manor and would recommend them to anyone.

Oak Park Manor is a Secure Memory Care community specializing in Dementia care in Claremont, CA. Located on over an acre of land, Oak Park Manor offers three distinct levels of care including: Memory Care, Respite Care and Hospice care. Similar to the majestic oak tree that blankets the property, Oak Park manor symbolizes strength and experience in memory care since 1995.

All training, care, services, activities and surroundings are customized to meet the needs of each resident.

Oak Park Manor is conveniently located in a quiet residential neighborhood with tree-lined streets providing a gracious cozy setting to help residents enjoy their quality of life.