Rutland Place - Mount Juliet, TN

If your looking for high-end finishes and topnotch amenities, this is it. It has independent living only, in a great location and the tour guide was awesome.

Many amenities,the apartments are large and roomy, and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Theresidents I spoke with were well groomed and appeared happy. They reported the food was good. They are located on acreage so there is plenty of area to walk the dog. They do require that the animals ride in strollers or be carried while indoor areas.

Many amenities,the apartments are large and roomy, and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The residents I spoke with were well groomed and appeared happy. The reported the food was good. They are located on acreage so there is plenty of area to walk the dog. They do require that the animals ride in strollers or be carried while indoor areas.

A newer community

The security at this community did not seem to be as good as it is at the community we chose. The community is beautiful and they have some nice property. The building itself did not seem as solidly built as other communities. This community was not in a good location for us.

Very nice facility. Very clean. Staff was very kind, patient and helpful.

Comfortable at This Community

I'am doing well here at this community. It is a nice place, and I feel comfortable. Everybody have been very welcoming and helpful. Moving here has really provided me a peace of mind. The community looks great, and very well maintained. This was a good move for me.

They Seem To Have Good Staff

My dad is enjoying his experience and enjoys living here. He tells me they clean up his room and take care of things in his room The community was very clean when I moved him in. There seems to be a few maintenance people and I meet with them. They told me if my dad needs anything or finds an issue, all he has to do is call them. He seems to be enjoying the meals.

Right where you want to be....home

I wanted to POST from a visit I had last night for the Rutland Place Christmas OPEN HOUSE.
First of all....When you walk in the door, this place feels like home. I'm so "thankful" that I assisted my mother in moving to this wonderful place six years ago! She continually has a "smile" on her face and also brags all the time about the staff and wonderful service and friendships she has made there. As with "life" she tells me all the time I make myself happy it is not dependent on anyone or anything else. She says "Its because I have "JOY" in my heart and that is the part to share always no matter what is going on" I see that same spirit thread woven in the staff and many other residents at Rutland Place Senior Living.
Last night as wonderful musicians played, some residents were dancing, others eating cookies and drinking Christmas punch and many laughing and singing....you could look around in the eyes of all and see "they are right where they want to be...home" Thank you Rutland Place for being AWESOME!!

Happy Resident

This is a welcoming, friendly & helpful place for a senior to live. For people who are older (I'm 77 yrs old) but definitely not in need of assisted living, this is the place to live. This apartment complex is certainly beautiful and has great amenities (restaurant, theater, activity rooms, library, internet café, etc.). They provide many activities both on premises and off. Transportation is provided for activities, medical appointments, church attendance, shopping, etc. I could go on regarding 'Rutland Place', but I feel it will be more helpful to tell people that a wonderful place is really not as important as the staff that works here. The people who work here (from executive to food servers, housekeeping, maintenance) is superb in both competence and especially caring attitude. I would happily recommend Rutland to anyone.

great experience

They are really great about encouraging mom to get involved in any activities that they have available. They have made her feel very comfortable there. It's been a very good experience and I would highly recommend Rutland Place.

My own experience.

I have lived at Rutland Place for more than 5 years and am very happy with the entire experience. ALL the staff are pleasant, friendly and so kind. It is a very clean building, and kept that way with pride. There are lots of activities and entertainment with their being open to suggestion for anything new. The food is good with a chef and cooks that strive to please. There is an overall upbeat atmosphere and many residents blessed to have such a beautiful home at this time in their lives. It is completely worry free living, and all at a cost lower than comparable residences.

LOVE this place!

Rutland Place is such a special place! From the moment you walk in, you are greeted by an awesome staff. We fell in love with this place the minute we walked in the door. We talked with other residents and saw how happy they were, and we knew immediately that this was the perfect fit for our aging but active parents.
We brought our parents in the next visit, and they LOVED it! They decided to move in before they sold their house! It's so wonderful to see our parents happy, social and enjoying life!

Rutland is the Best of the Best

Remember these are Independent living apartments! If you need assistance and supervision then Assisted living facilities would be your option. I LOVE these apartments for my mother. She has independent living but with extras..like a community dining room with a wonderful chef who prepares awesome meals. Along with this she has a close group of friends whom she shops with, attends the many activities offered at Rutland. A big security is how well everyone watches after one another. In reading a couple of reviews i don't think those persons had the true living experience there at Rutland place. Many processes are in place where residents are checked on daily. There are sign out rosters at the front desk and a genuine concern to look out for one another. Ive been in Healthcare for many years and look for the "best of the best". Rutland Place meets my high expectations both my mother and i have. Thanks to all the staff and residents of Rutland for being just who you are!!

Wonderful Independent Living

We found Rutland Place, Mt. Juliet, by using A Place for Mom.com. We have found it to be just what we needed. We have been here 4 years and feel it was the best decision we ever made. The staff is wonderful and the food is great. We have restaurant style dining and our dining room is open all day. We have many activities. For example, in December there were 31 activities to choose from. We are an Independent Community, which means of course no in-house medical personnel. We do have a Physician's Assistant and a Nurse who are here every week if anyone needs them. Many of the residents still drive their own cars and go wherever they wish when they wish. Others take advantage of the Rutland Place bus that takes them to the banks, shopping, doctors, water aerobics and much more. It is a wonderful place to live.

No care services, no thanks!

This place is terrible, bad food, lazy employees, and no real care services. I have heard that several people have died because no one realized they were missing. With how much they charge, that is just shameful.

Leah Smith

Turner Senior Solutions and Rutland Place take all reviews seriously, and will address any specifics the reviewers wish to share with us. It is our goal to ensure our residents are comfortable, and that community members see us as an option for them or their family members.
As Rutland Place is an Independent Senior Living Community, therefore, no medical services are housed on-site. However one of the advantages of living in an Independent community is that the resident has the choice of what temporary outside medical services they might need, such as Home Health, Rehab, visiting physicians etc., in addition to adding non-medical related services they may also choose. This allows the resident to choose when they need those services instead of paying for them regardless if they are needed or not. Most of residents and family members would rather have this type of arrangement until such a time when the resident needs more care and services that are provided by an assisted living program. Rutland Place acts as a concierge service by helping to coordinate any of these services and in fact there are medical personnel who visit on a regular basis, and are available for appointments by the residents. Plus, Rutland Place has one of the best rehab companies in our area that provides physical, speech and occupational therapy on site. Currently, we have a therapy organization in-house 3-5 days a week to service our residents.
Rutland Place is well-known in the community for its food services, caring and attentive staff, and has been voted Best of Senior Communities on several occasions.
Our residents participate in the Good Neighbor Program, which provides a daily report each morning on the presence of residents at Rutland Place. The daily shift reports keep the management staff alerted to any situation which may affect the well-being of a resident. Since opening, Rutland Place has never had a report of a missing resident. Keeping in mind that Rutland is an independent community, our residents have the right to leave at any time and are not required to give us any notification, however, our Shift Report gives us a daily report on who is away and who is in-house for the sake of the well-being of each of our residents. Our Front Desk Concierge is staffed 24/7 in the event a resident requires assistance, as well as a pull-cord emergency alert system within each apartment. Our residents frequently remark how safe they feel as a result of the management’s focus on resident safety.
If the reviewer would like to further discuss their concerns, we would like the opportunity to speak with you. Please contact Deborah Dooley, Turner Senior Solutions, at [removed] or call [removed].

This place looks fine at first, but upon closer inspection it really is a dump. The lobby is covered in dust, the bathrooms smell, and the food is the worst I've ever had! The cost is through the roof and goes up every year. There's nothing to do except play bingo or sit around. The manager was short with me and very unpleasant when I mentioned how expensive it is. They don't even provide any health services! Do not bring your loved ones here, it's horrible.

Leah Smith

Please accept our invitation to address your specific issues with us, so that we may address them with the staff of Rutland Place.
As Rutland Place is an Independent Senior Living Community, no medical services are housed on-site. There are, however, medical personnel who visit on a regular basis, and are available for appointments by the residents. Currently, there is a physical therapy organization in-house 5-days a week to service our residents.
All of the services at Rutland Place, including housekeeping and the kitchen/dining room, are reviewed on a monthly basis by the management company (Turner Senior Solutions) of Rutland Place, as well as random reviews by the Executive Director of Rutland Place. We are proud to say that this particular community is well-maintained and cleaned to a high standard. The Dining Services are not a typical meal set in front of a resident, and dining is available restaurant-style where the resident can order from a menu with several entrees, side dishes, desserts, and beverage choices. We have several community organizations who frequently hold their meetings and get-togethers at Rutland Place, due to the quality of our food services. Our food program is one of the best and most unique in the senior housing industry.
Each month the Director of Life Enrichment creates a calendar of resident activities full of a variety of events to fill our residents’ days, including movies, visiting various local attractions, restaurants, shopping, swimming, etc. The residents are welcome to participate in as many or few events and services as they like.
The rates of Rutland Place have always been approached with a high level of sensitivity. The cost of delivery services increase every year at a much higher rate than our increases. In fact, since opening in 2008, our rates have increased an average of 1.375%. The national average is 3 to 6% with 5% being somewhat of the norm.
As we are focused on the comfort of our residents, whether housekeeping or staff related, the reviewer is invited to share particulars of their experience with us. We always address concerns, especially those associated with treatment of our residents by the staff. Therefore, the reviewer is urged to please contact Deborah Dooley, Turner Senior Solutions, at [removed] or call [removed] for further discussion.

Loved this place. It's new...

Loved this place. It's new and clean and modern looking. Lots of open floor plan in the community areas and large windows letting lots of sunlight in. The prices are better than Provision Living. They have many of the activities that Provision Living has as well as a theater. The only downfall is that they do not have assisted living when you no longer can live independently. They will work with you to get you into another nearby facility. They have many 1 bdrm/1 bath apartments. Unfortunately they have a waiting list to get in. Pets are allowed. Met w/ Pam Barton.

Dont tbink is afit for mom ...

Dont tbink is afit for mom . I think over one floor would be confusing for her. I my self would live their if I was looking. Price was goodand In range. The little lady Mildred was a joy have as aguide ..

Family Love at Rutland Place

Rutland Place has a warm and inviting staff, amazing residents, and a great atmosphere where one can sense God's peace, love, and sense of humor!

Good Community

We chose Rutland Place because it was conveniently located for our family. The price was a little over budget but we made it work. The residents seem to be happy here. We are pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Not sure what I think about "all fait...

Not sure what I think about "all faiths". Cable package looks good, but housekeepig is every other week which is not good.

Welcome to Rutland Place Senior Community in Mount Juliet, Tennessee!

Imagine a community created around you...

a place where every amenity seems as if it were custom designed for you. Enjoy the privacy of your own home within a community of pleasure and comfort. Rutland Place is a lifestyle based on the freedom of choice with the focus on independence.

Conveniently located on NW Rutland Rd.

just ¼ mile from Mt. Juliet Rd., Rutland Place is close to I-40, the International Airport and local shopping, dining and medical centers.

The excitement of downtown Nashville, Music City, USA is a short drive away. Created with the active senior in mind, Rutland Place offers beautifully designed common areas and spacious apartment homes for rent.

Recognizing that you want choices in your life, the independent living services and amenities at Rutland Place Senior Community have been developed to create an enriching and enlivening lifestyle.