Ohio Living Rockynol - Akron, OH

BEWARE

Recently my grandparents had to enter a nursing/assisted living facility. We did the research that we could, and thought Rockynol/Ohio Living was the place. Unfortunately, we made the wrong decision. I personally would advise you to make this the last place you would ever send your loved one. Very bad experiences with aides. Very poor service. We paid for services that were never given, they split my grandparents into different units, on separate floors, in order to bill for two rooms. I have family members that worked in similar facilities. Every other facility does everything possible to keep a husband and wife together. Rockynol did not, they didnt care. If you love your family member, go elsewhere. YOU WILL REGRET SENDING THEM HERE. You've been warned.

Bad outweighs good.

My Dad was placed here for the last 3 weeks of his life. He was on hospice and on a lot of pain meds to ease the pain of his cancer. A lot of the nursing staff did not seem to understand his needs with medicine. They would take 30 minutes to an hour to answer him pushing his button. Sometimes not come at all. He fell in the bathroom and pulled the cord. No one came. When our hospice worker ordered more pain meds to keep him comfortable some of the nurses didn't understand and didn't want to give it to him. His last couple days the nurses would cop an attitude about giving him more. They said he's sleeping how do you know he needs medicine. If they had stayed in the room for a few minutes they could easily see he was not sleep. He knew what was going on all around him but could not talk. We would talk through eye brow raises and hand squeezes. This situation was hard enough and then to have the nurses treat you and their patient this way is not ok. I would not recommend this place to anyone. We did file a complaint with the health department and let's just say they had multiple complaints with the same issues. We did find out they were understaffed. Shame on them! There were a few nurses, God Bless them, that were amazing! But the bad ones outweigh the good ones.

Friendly, welcoming staff

Things were a little rocky to start, I wasn't very impressed with their rehab care. However, once my loved one moved into their assisted living section things really turned around! She was very reluctant to move into a community, but they really won her over! The staff here are friendly, welcoming, and willing to do just about anything to help her get settled in!

Fabulous Full Service!

More than my aunt could afford, total quality care, fabulous, it was a full service type of community. They figure on your income.

toured and was not very pleased felt ...

toured and was not very pleased felt the whole facility is outdated,and needs alot of improvement. the bathrooms are very small that you cant even put a bench or chair in, and everything is very old. felt the rooms are very small if a two person is moving in not enough room, okay for a one person.

this place was wonderful, b...

this place was wonderful, but I don't think she has enough money to be able to live there.

Rockynol is one of 11 retirement communities owned and operated by OPRS Communities, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ohio Presbyterian Retirement Services (OPRS), headquartered in Columbus. Since 1922, OPRS has defined the highest standards of quality of life for older adults. Each year, OPRS serves more than 90,000 people in 40 counties through its wholly owned subsidiaries OPRS Communities and Senior Independence.
Rockynol, serving the Akron community since 1966, is located on 15 acres of beautiful park-like grounds in West Akron, creating a perfect setting for early morning walks, fresh air, and family and social gathering by the ponds. For off-campus adventures, Rockynol is within minutes of major highways, renowned museums, quality theater and entertainment, professional sporting teams, as well as numerous golf and recreational facilities.
A distinguishing feature of Rockynol is the Life Care Commitment, which helps assure our residents that they will always have a home in our community even if -in good faith- they run out of funds meant to see them through.