Cardinal Retirement Village - Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Very nice facility. I was a little put off with the meal plan. Only dinner and a continental breakfast were included. Part of my reasoning for mom’s move is to provide three cooked meals a day. Also, there are no studios available and it doesn’t look like any will be available for a very long time. The only way to get a studio is by renting a one bedroom unit and getting on a waiting list, the one bedroom units are around 40% more than the studio units.

Steve Kurtz

Thank you for visiting with us and taking the time to review your experience. I'm sorry you were disappointed in our meal options, however we plan our dining services based upon the needs of our residents. While three meals are always included for those in assisted living, few residents actually desire more than two. We actually offer breakfast and lunch as a-la-carte options for the few who choose. This way we are able to better customize our dining amenities while keeping our residents' rates lower. Each apartment also includes a full size kitchen for those who wish to cook for themselves as they choose. Studios are always in high demand due to their lower cost and low availability in the surrounding area. However, our one bedroom apartments are quite affordable in contrast to other communities and are the only apartments around which offer a screened-in porch to enjoy the outdoors. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you will consider us for the future!

Try to schedule a tour, but no one got back to me. We drove around property and seems to be a bit out dated.

Steve Kurtz

I'm sorry we were unable to take your inquiry. We accept both walk-ins as well as scheduled appointments. All entrances and common areas inside our building have been either expanded or completely updated within the last 2 years. Individual apartments are also regularly updated with current model appliances and furnishings.

Please stay away for the sake of your loved ones.

Independent living is nice and grandparents really liked it. Please do not let your parents and/or grandparents live in the assisted living portion. They are severely understaffed. If there is a fall or other accident, your poor grandparents will wait for 30 minutes or more and end up calling 911 for help. The ambulance will get there before the cardinal village staff. I’m not sure why they have a call light. The weekend staff will actually ask the residents to not pull the cord because there is only one person staffed. The nurses agree they need more help on nights and weekends, but greedy owners won’t pay for help. At more than $4000 per month for a crappy little apartment, you are better off living in independent living and hiring a full time aide. Have had multiple meeting with the director, but nothing changes. Please save your parents/grandparents the hassle and heartache and find a different place.

Steve Kurtz

Hello Matt and thank you for your comments. We're truly sorry to hear about what appears to be a negative experience with your loved one(s) in assisted living. We have a stellar and hard earned reputation for providing the best possible care for our residents and treat criticism very seriously. However, in our follow-up we've been unable to trace through our automated records any specific incidents of non-response or responses of 30 minutes or more through the use of our emergency pull cord system. Also, we do not have any record or recall of meeting with you to discuss such an incident. Residents have, in the past, notified emergency services via 911 regardless of whether or not they activate the emergency notification system, and they are encouraged to do so at their own discretion. Is it possible this is what occurred? We also offer wrist and necklace pendants for further security. As for staffing, it's impossible to meet the immediate needs of all residents at all times, but we strive to achieve an optimum balance (through history and experience) whether we're staffing for weekdays or weekends. Finally, all apartments offered in assisted living are private one bedroom apartments with private bathrooms, screened-in porches and more than 640 square feet and are completely updated prior to occupancy. They are among the largest AL apartments offered in the area. Since we consider all of our residents as family, we welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and your family in further detail and look forward to exceeding your expectations.

Nice Tour Of This Community

I had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and helpful. My tour guide was informative, and answered all my questions. Everything looked great from what I was shown. The experience went well, and I had nice tour of this community.

This facility was clean, neat, and had everything we wanted. The one bedroom apartment was nice. It just wasn't what my Mom pictured as what she wanted.

Very friendly staff. Very thorough tour. Many activities
available. Some fitness equipment. Very clean. Female chef with many menu options for all diets. Nice kitchen and storage in each unit above the
ceiling.

Nice place

Overall our experience with Cardinal Retirement Village has been a good one. It is a nice looking place, and the people are friendly. We're satisfied with our choice!

Perfect for Dad

The best thing I ever did was move my father from his cold drafty mobile home into the cozy spacious apartment at Cardinal Retirement Village. He used to just sit and not talk much. Now he walks in the hallways for exercise every morning. He gets involved in activities. He has made new friends. He loves the live musical entertainment that is offered two or three times a month. He has not taken any bus outings yet but he plans to when the weather gets warmer. We believe everyone who works there are the nicest people you ever want to meet.

Very Nice

Very Nice, liked indiv accommodation, screened in porch, don't serve b fast persay, seemed like a very nice. Also has a bus for dr appts, shopping, you sign up, podiatrist comes in, on site and out of community activities

I really liked this one. Al...

I really liked this one. All the places I have been are beautiful but this one might be the most affordable one with the needs being met. I hope I am reading things right. I need to now sit down and read the info.

Very nice, but not what we were looking for

We toured this place when we were looking into options for a loved one. It was a very nice looking place, and the staff were all very friendly, but it didn't suit our needs quite as well as others we had looked at. It was also more expensive than others we were considering.

Mom is a resident

My mother has been living at Cardinal for the past 4 months. The staff and residents are very friendly and she loves the activities. The exercise classes are her favorite . She has attended a few of the outings such as the Canal Fulton canal boat ride and enjoyed herself. She loves to sit on her screened in porch and watch the birds. Any questions or concerns have been dealt with promptly by the staff.

EVERONE WAS NICE. WOULD NOT HAVE TRAN...

EVERONE WAS NICE. WOULD NOT HAVE TRANSPORTATION TO MY DOCTORS OFFICE. FACILITY EAS CLEAN BUT DARK NOT SUNNY AND BRIGHT. AT LEAST WHAT I SAW.

all inclusive.

all inclusive.

Met with the director who showed us e...

Met with the director who showed us everything and I mean everything. We all sat down at the table and he went over the report. My brother and I were impressed with the services that they can provide. We were impressed with the layout of the Village and the pricing as well as all that they can offer. This place is my first choice of the three that I've been to on this list. My brother was impressed also.

Amenities

*All inclusive price package which includes all utilities (except phone)

*Continental breakfast daily, dinner chosen from a delicious menu for independent residents

*Ranch style housing, all one floor

*Free laundry facilities, free transportation to doctors, bank, post office, outings, grocery store, church & more

*Terrific activities and recreational programming

*Three spacious floor plans to choose from, each floor plan includes an enclosed, screened in patio area

*24 hour emergency call system, 24 hour professional staff, Up and About safety program

*Additional services available for independent living residents, such as medication reminders

*Full service assisted living on campus