Older place but what matters is caring people

Is is a awesome place , I would say it’s mainly because of the staff , they are very nice very caring people. The facility is older but don’t let that stop you , they take very good care of their residents.

Terrible Experience

I would not recommend this community to anybody. My mother had a horrible experience, and had to go to the hospital a couple of times. She fell twice, and was only in this community a total of seven days. I moved her out of this community immediately.

Shelley Hamner

We are very sorry that you were not happy with your mother's experience at our community. We take extreme pride in caring for seniors and have provided excellent care to our residents for many years. I'm sorry that you are not satisfied with your experience. We always encourage our residents and their families to address any issues they may have directly with the Executive Director on site who is readily available to help ensure we have the highest standards.

The building was nice.Shana not there.Had no empty rooms/Said my appointment was at the 1101 Grove and I do not think I need to be in there.

Great place

So far, this facility is a great place. The staff is friendly and courteous. The building is clean and they have great activities.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for taking time to review our beautiful community!

Overall it has been a great experience

Overall it has been a great experience at River Oaks Place. The only thing I would mention that is a little disappointing is my father-in-law was really looking forward to some field trips that they had scheduled and they haven't done that yet. I'm not sure why but it just hasn't happened. Other than that it is absolutely so much better at this facility than where he was before. It is great.

Christina Trentham

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We love our residents and we feel privileged to have the opportunity to care for this beloved generation. We will definitely look into your concerns to make this a better experience for your Father-in-law.

Had a good visit there. The staff appeared to be very kind and helpful. The place is really pretty and Shanna was very helpful and nice. We would like to visit other places before we make an decision.

Sister

Sorry my sister wasn't there long enough to really know how they do. But the three days she was there she has problems adjusting to new sourroundings I had to sit with her to try to keep her calm. Didn't see much staff. They brought food I had to help her eat. Only time saw nurse on duty was time for her medicine. Some nursing staff really kind others tolerate.

I love it

I'm not authority on this but I love it at River Oaks Place. It is very clean here. If you ever have any issues the staff quickly resolve it. It's not overpriced either, it was right in the ballpark range. They have different activities all the time. They have something big every week here! They have Hawaiian luaus', Halloween parties, birthday celebrations. This facility has really given the family peace of mind. I would definitely recommend it and I already have in fact to a neighbor.

Christina Trentham

The staff is wonderful. During this trying time, they have been great to my loved one but also to me.

Very nice place!

Our experience with River Oaks Place has been a very good one so far. The community is clean and well kept, and the rooms feel very spacious. At first I was worried that they seemed a little short staffed, but the care has been very good. We're really enjoying it!

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for taking the time to review Lakewood Place. We are thrilled and honored to be able to care for your loved one.

Very nice place

I think RIver Oaks Place does a fantastic job. The staff are friendly and caring, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. My loved one was only here a short time, but they elft a very positive impression overall.

Shelley Hamner

We are so glad that you were happy with the care at Lakewood Place!

I am really pleased with the situation.

I've been very happy with the staff in general, and Lisa the director has been great. It was a big change for them. The only thing is that they are having a hard time with not as much privacy as they are used to. I want the staff to check in on them, but maybe they could just make sure that they are ready for people before bringing a friend to the room. They take wonderful care of them, I am really pleased with the situation. The food is good and the only thing they miss is fresh fruits and vegetables, they understand though. The facility is clean, and the laundry is clean and meticulously folded, they love that.

Friendly staff, but feels institutional

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. The staff here were all very friendly and caring, however I just didn't like the feel of the facility itself. It had a very institutional feel, and no real access to outside areas for the memory care residents.

Pleased with their service

We've used this place a few times for temporary care for my Mom, and they've always done a great job. It's a nice looking, clean place. The staff have always been friendly, caring, and competent. They treat her very well, and Mom has always been happy to go back.