Rittenhouse Village at Muhlenberg - Reading, PA

Just Renovated

When we toured this community it was in the middle of having a major renovation. I did not care for the floor plan at all. I found the hallways to be too narrow which would have made it harder for my parents to navigate.

They Meet Our Needs

My mother-in-law is doing good and she likes her room, it is comfy for her. I liked that there are nice and helpful people within the staff. The community is nice, clean, and smells good so far. She likes eating the meals they make. When touring we had to move her in right away, we looked at them and everything looked good.

the people were very helpful.[REmoved] answered our questions and showed us around. would recommend this facility to others

Great option

Rittenhouse Village was very nice. I liked it very much and it's a great option. My aunt decided against it because she has friends in another community we toured.

Not Very Active

My tour of this community was an okay one. The community appeared to be well maintained. During my tour I noticed an activities going on, but the residents weren't really participating. I wanted a more active community for my parents, and their needs.

The best!

I feel that my mom is getting the care that she needs. The community is very clean which we like. The people are nice and the food is good. I am happy with this community because out of all the places that I have seen this was the best.

I would recommend Rittenhouse!

The staff are nice and have worked with us. The nurse administrator is receptive when I talk to them. My mother in law seems to like the food. The community always looks nice and they have been making improvements. My in laws have participated in some of the daily activities.

This was a good move for our family!

The staff at Rittenhouse seem to work as a team to care for my parents. They have a daily calendar of activities. My parents seem to like the food. I would recommend this clean community.

Blessed to be a Satisfied Resident Family

While searching for a place for my mother, we were given several places to choose from. We were drawn to Rittenhouse Village @Muhlenberg from the start. After visiting we were certain this was where we wanted my mom to live. It is like an upscale hotel. We love the large private rooms and private baths. The dining room is elegant the hallways are carpeted and the community lounges are bright and welcoming. The administrators are helpful and compassionate, the nurses and aids are friendly and accommodating and the home was clean and tidy every time we visited. I know I sound like an advertisement but we've had experience with other homes and Rittenhouse is everything the others should have been. You won't be disappointed if you choose Rittenhouse @Muhlenberg. We enjoy visiting my mom in her new home.

Food Needs Improvement

I personally think that the Rittenhouse Senior Living of Reading could definitely improve on their food. That is really the only thing I have to say about the place though, I can not think of any other improvements.

Friendly Staff

The staff is very friendly. The location is pleasant and the facility is very clean. The activities during the week are good, and the residents are friendly and active. There seems to be limited help and activities on the weekend though. As far as I know, the food is good.

Good facility/poor food!

Rittenhouse is a nice facility. It is clean and the staff is helpful and friendly. It is costly, but most likely not any more than other senior living centers. The primary complaint is the food. It is often too salty and very seldom warm enough. You generally have to send it back to be re-heated. The choices (of food) are minimal and the desserts are generally not fresh tasting. I would rate the food poor to fair.

apprecitive

The staff was very friendly and helpful to mother before she passed away shortly after arriving at the facility. They are knowledgeable, caring people.

We toured here and we really liked it.

We toured here and we really liked it. The only reason we didn't choose it, is because it would have been a very long drive for us. I was really pleased with their staff, and the attention they gave me.

They needed a transition team to help new residents acclimatize.

They needed a transition team to help new residents acclimatize. The food was normal . The elevator gets crowded, so you’ll need some patience. It’s conveniently located. The areas that are outside for residents could be better.

Excellent service at an excellent price

We're very pleased with the service here. The care that they provide is everything we were looking for, and they are priced very competitively compared to others that we looked at. It is excellent care at an excellent price.

The staff was exceptionally...

The staff was exceptionally warm, friendly and informative. The lunch was delicious. We were more impressed once we got inside. The verandas, library and bright dining room were great. Liked the community trips and also that they have the school children and sorority come in to interact with residents. The residents seemed very happy. The rooms were more spacious than other places. Liked the Respite option, the reasonable pricing,and that the staff seemed very flexible. Like that its close to Reading hospital. Only downfall is that it's farther than other places and from where Mom is now.

I was very impressed with t...

I was very impressed with this home. The staff was so friendly and informative. The facility was clean, pleasantly decorated and navigable for the residents. Although the price was very reasonable, I do not think my brother can afford to live here since his income is fixed. I wish he could live here, I think he would do well here.

We're creating a resident-focused senior living community with you and your well-being in mind. At Rittenhouse Village At Muhlenberg, we've designed the very best in senior living by blending wonderful amenities with comfortable apartment homes, outstanding social and recreational events and health and wellness programs that deliver a fun and dignified lifestyle. No matter what level of assistance you need with daily activities of living, Rittenhouse Village is the place you can call home - now and for years to come. That's because Rittenhouse Village is a unique senior living experience with everything you need now or may need in the future, all in one place. We think you will agree - it's a move worth making.