Residences at Chestnut Ridge - Chester, PA

Staff were friendly. Major drawback for us was the highrise. Mom does not like elevators.

Comfortable Living!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my mother since she had made the move into this community. The staff have been wonderful to work with and I am comfortable with the care that they are providing her. She has no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in many of the activities they have to offer throughout week. Overall we are very pleased with her experience so far.

great services, affordable ,friendly and caring

they were great, very friendly. affordable. great apartment and services. I highly recommend them

My brothers good care

My brother is doing very well at this nice community. The staff is very nice and attentive to his needs. We like that he is living in a clean community and getting good care. The menu is appealing and he seems to be very happy with the nice variety. He is really like playing cards with the other residents. We would recommend this community for the great care of that is offered.

Best kept secret!

This Senior Residence is a best kept secret in Delaware County.
Nestled at the edge of Chester City and Wallingford, tree lined property.
The country feel as you approach the main entrance, with seating, rocking chairs, and beautiful green shrubbery hiding you from view and noise of the traffic was a plus.
The public areas all nicely decorated. The receptionist always helpful and pleasant offering refreshments while waiting for staff or the elevator.
The dining room atmosphere was equal to private fine dining. I stayed for lunch and was amazed at there being so many menu items to choose from.
What struck me most, is that the Residence at Chestnut Ridge did not have an "old smell".
It was a lovely experience and after 2 unannounced visits and 1 official tour I completed the application process. [Removed] was a joy to work with. She introduced me to everyone that handles anything. They were all warm and inviting.
If you are looking for a safe and sanitary, warm and caring community. Chestnut Ridge is the place!.

A nice community

My friend is still adjusting to living at Residences. The staff are friendly. They offer daily activities and they are well organized. She does say the food is expensive. The community is beautiful and well maintained.

Fulling All Our Needs

My mother is still adjusting to this community, but she is in good hands here. They have great staff here, they are caring for her well. The community looks great, everything is very well maintained. There are many activities offered daily for the residents. She is pleased with the meals. They are fulling all our needs, this is a great place. I know she is being cared for well here. I would recommend this community, it has worked out good for us.

My mom just moved in a month ago. She enjoys the activities there!

GREAT PLACE

The facility fulfilled my needs for my mother.

Communication with the family could be improved!

The community itself seems clean however we feel they could do a better job of cleaning my Mother in law's room. She says the food tastes like hospital food. She does participate in some of the activities offered. The staff are good with her. I would recommend this community.

A nice community!!

The lady that took us on a tour of the community was very nice and knowledgable. This is a clean community and they are redoing it. We would have chosen this community but I did not want to move my wifes stuff in. The community we chose already had things there for her.

Tour

The staff were super friendly when I toured. They had some kind of special event going on for the residents I know my mom would like it here. The rooms are very spacious and I liked the different common areas that my mom could use. I plan to come back for a lunch tour with my mom.

Would recommend

I toured community with my mother and loved the place the moment I walked in. It was not so much the appearance but seeing the residents interact with each other and the staff. Activities were going on, ladies socializing in the lobby, a place I would like to see my mother. Not only can she be independent but staff available to assist her and build friendships with other residents. Unfortunately, my mother passed before we were able to admit her to Chestnut Ridge but I will certainly recommend them to family and friends.
I wish we made the move sooner

Moving forward with Chestnut Ridge

I'm looking for a place for my parents and the young lady, Ashley who showed us around was very informative, answered all our questions and was very familiar with the admission process and explained all of the pricing with us. I feel very comfortable with this community and looking forward to making arrangements for my parents to stay at Chestnut Ridge

Working Out Very Well

Everything is going very well got my friend here. She has adjusted very well. They are taking very good care of her. She has many activities to choose from. The food is nice and she seems happy here. This would be a community I would recommend.

As of right now, the service has been great!! Very accommodating to the behaviors of my mother. The nursing staff is patient as well!!! She's only been there two weeks!

I knew I shouldn't have accepted the sale price

I knew when they gave me the sale offer of a reduced price that it was a bad idea. I toured many places before this one and they didn't appear as clean, didn't have that friendly, organized feeling like the other places. The only reason I ended up there was due to a reduced price that they offered after they found out I was taking my parent somewhere else. I was so mad that they played with my emotions and desperate need for mom. It's a horrible way to play with people's lives when they are stressed and desperate about a parent's safety.
The place is unorganized, dirty, short staffed, no communication between the workers, and the updates of your loved one are just words to appease you. The update is always incorrect, made up or full of misinformation. That I have experienced that several times. Constantly missing her clothing, and her bedding disappeared and nobody was concerned enough to find it. You pay so much money and you don't even see where it's going. The caregivers aren't happy, the turnover is so high. it's not a good environment for anybody's parent. I went from being stressed about my mom safety at home to a different kind of stress about her well being at Chestnut Ridge. I am desperately trying to find another location for my mother. I need peace of mind, I do not get that at Chestnut Ridge. I am not the only family member that Feels this way.

A Little More Clear Upfront

They need to be a little more clear upfront. I was quoted a price and they did not explain that because of the level of care required for my loved one, it was going to cost extra. Everything else about the place was wonderful though, and she really likes it there.

For the value of the money I think it's great. Their in the process of renovations. They have new management. The reason I chose this place is because of the rooms and it doesn't have a smell there.

They don't have enough help. You have to go to the wellness center to get your meds, they don't bring them to you. The food is horrible, and there is very little choice. I don't find the activities interesting, or stimulating. I think I am a little outside of the typical demographic though.

Wonderful Care at Chestnut Ridge

My mother-in-law moved into Chestnut Ridge from another residential facility. She lived in Bucks County with her husband (because it was close to his family) until his death in October.

My husband's family then moved their mom to be closer to her family, and we couldn't be happier. Although she has advanced Alzheimer's disease, she appears more alert, less anxious, and more communicative than she has been for a long time.

The staff is friendly and helpful to residents and visitors; the rooms are spacious and clean. We are pleased with the care our loved one is receiving.

Dad's happy and it meets our needs

We haven't had any issues with the care, my dad seems to like the place. It's affordable and he's an elderly person so he doesn't need to live alone. They communicate with my brother and he's said so far there haven't been any problems. They're pretty easy to talk to and they answer questions as we ask them, there's no long waiting periods and they share information with us. I think it's pretty good considering costs and everything. It meets our needs and objectives, the location is convinient, off of a major highway. I think they do have outings and I believe once he went out with them, he's made friends there and they take him to the supermarket and sometimes he uses the little can they have for doctors appointments.

Chestnut Ridge for 2 months of respite care

Our families experience was generally very positive. There were a few rough spots on the day of admission, mainly due to some lack of communication among the staff. So the first few hours, some things that were supposed to happen didn't until we followed up. He was in a temporary room for a couple days, and we expected that the staff would move him across the hall to his permanent room, only to find they were waiting for us to do it. Again, probably a communication problem.

My Dad was there for respite care after breaking his shoulder in a fall, after which, he could not even get out of a chair, go to the bathroom, etc. He was well cared for and the staff were responsive when he needed assistance. Having both physical and occupational therapy onsite, was very productive, and he continues to do his PT at home every day. This helped his recovery and general ability to get around by himself. He was well fed, and enjoyed the meals, despite complaining that all they ever do is eat. He gained back weight he'd lost; now the challenge is keeping it on at home. It was good that they came to get him in his room and take him to the dining hall, vs. bringing food to his room.

My Dad did not participate much in activities, so I can't comment on that. It was his choice and no reflection on the facility.

There was one incident with weekend staff who did not treat my father well. This was isolated, and I don't know if it was reported or not.

Overall, we have very little to complain about and if he becomes unable to live by himself, we would certainly consider a longer term stay.

Beautiful, clean and very n...

Beautiful, clean and very nice place

Residences at Chestnut Ridge is a premier senior living facility offering multiple levels of care, including independent living, assistance with daily living, and a dedicated memory care unit for residents with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. Our personal care services also include respite care.

Our dedicated staff of care partners focuses on connecting with each resident as a person, not a patient. Each resident’s needs are carefully considered, and care plans are customized to best match both needs and preferences.

Our wide range of on-site services, including licensed professional nurses, personal care aides, and on-call specialists such as dentists, physical therapists, and psychologists, mean the plans can be both comprehensive and convenient.

Call to schedule a personalized tour today and come experience the Chestnut Ridge difference!