Quiet Waters Independent Living Inc. - Redding, CA

I Am Pleased With Community

The staff are very patient and Brenda is always willing to help make things better. The community seems to be clean and kept up. My mother-in-law is still transitioning into the wholesome meals but others say it's good. I believe my mother-in-law is safe here and they provide great care.

Come home to Quiet Waters

The best thing about Quiet Waters is the people who own and operate the facility and their staff. Everyone is very kind and friendly. Moreover, it doesn't have the impersonal feel of an "institution," perhaps because it's small enough for all of us residents to know and interact with one another and the staff in a relaxed way.
Furthermore, the staff are very attentive and quick to respond to any request for help or information. They know us residents as individuals and respond to specific needs of each person according to his or her needs and personality.
I visited three other facilities and none of them made me feel as comfortable as Mike and Brenda.
And I might add that their rates are more than reasonable, considering the personal services that they provide and the attractiveness of the grounds and buildings.

Quiet Waters/A Touch of Heaven rates well

My wife and I placed my 95 year old mother at Quiet Waters in January of this year and we were very imprressed. The room(s) are about 100-120 square feet and are not shared. The bathroom(s) are shared, however, with two other residents. The caregivers (and here, I should point out that caregivers can only provide limited assistance, since this is an independent living facility) are friendly and extremely courteous.
My mother has since been placed in A Touch of Heaven Assisted Living, which is next door. It is operated by the same owner, Brenda Trammell, and is also an excellent facility with about 25- residents right now.
Cost for Quiet Waters is around $1400-$1500/month
Cost for A Touch of Heaven is around $2800/month

Quiet Waters is a non-smoking, family-owned and operated facility with the goal of helping seniors maintain their independence in a home-like setting. We offer private studios and two-room units. Each unit has both an interior and a private exterior entrance and patio. Each bedroom’s closet comes equipped with a closet organizer. Cable and Wi-Fi is provided throughout the facility. All bathrooms feature walk-in showers.
Caring staff is in throughout the day and evenings. The owners handpick their staff to ensure workers who are passionate about their work and who see our residents as family members who deserve love, respect, and dignity.
Three meals a day are provided along with a 3 PM ice cream social. A refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot are available in the kitchen for resident use. Our activities are available at A Touch of Heaven, Assisted Living, which is directly next door. Monday – Wednesday we have Bingo after lunch. Tuesday morning is Bible Study. On Thursday, we have musicians come in for sing-alongs. This is usually gospel music, or the ‘oldies but goodies.’ We will assist Quiet Water with their own Friday evening popcorn and movie and Saturday Lawrence Welk. We have a group of grade school children who come in quarterly to sing. June is our big Farm Party up the mountain, and December is our Community Christmas Party. For an extra charge, a hair stylist comes in every Tuesday and a pedicurist comes in every eight weeks.
Owners, Mike and Brenda Trammell, a husband and wife team, have worked together for over 20 years. Brenda worked alongside Mike for 10 years at his Farmers Insurance Office on Bechelli Lane. On May 1, 2002, Mike helped Brenda fulfill her dream of helping the elderly when they opened A Touch of Heaven, Assisted Living. After 12 years of experience operating their assisted living, Mike and Brenda were ready to expand their services to the elderly with the opening of their next senior facility, Quiet Waters Independent Living.
At Quiet Waters you will reap the benefits of owners who are actively involved in seeking the very best for their residents.