Putnam Heritage - Ottawa, OH

Putnam Heritage: Mom's new home!

When, at 94, mom decided to look into assisted living, she had us research the two options available in town. Both facilities were clean and offered the services mom sought. She chose Putnam Heritage because some of her lifelong friends resided there and because of the cost.
The facilities are in good condition and kept clean and well maintained. The rooms are adequate in size and the private bath is up to date and very nice.
Mom has made new friends since living at Heritage including both residents and staff.
The care mom has received is excellent! The staff is friendly and helpful. Her care is provided in a professional manner.
They assist her with he medications, remind he family of doctor's appointments and would, if necessary, help arrange for transportation if we were unavailable to provide it. We are kept well informed as to mom's needs and there any issues hat need to be addressed. The professionalism and friendliness of the staff is one of the main reasons I would recommend Putnam Heritage.
The only complaint mom has ever expressed is that they put too much food on her plate!
Mom living at Putnam Heritage has lessened the worry we have about her living alone, needing help and not being able to contact us.

A great place for your loved one

My mom was at Putnam Heritage for over 2 years. I couldn't have asked for better care for her. The employees became like extended family to all of us. They knew how to cheer mom up when she was down. They kept us informed on how she was doing and cried with us when she passed. I highly recommend Putnam Heritage to anyone who is looking for a place for their loved one!

Wonderful facility

My mother moved into this facility a few years ago. They are able to help my mother with her medication, housekeeping, and meals. When she moved into the facility, we were worried about her taking too much medication and/or possibly burning down the apartment. With her move into here, we were able to not worry about this anymore. The staff is friendly and goes out of their way to assist in any way possible. They go shopping with my mom once a month to ensure she doesn't buy things she doesn't need. They take the residents for a drive once a week on the bus to get out of the house. They have people from the community in constantly to keep them in touch with people. And honestly, they wait on mom hand and foot which is much deserved after all the years she spent working hard to take care of my brother and I. I really couldn't ask for a better facility to assist with my mother's care.

A great place for Dad

We moved my 96 yr old father to Putnam Heritage at the end of May 2018 to save him money. His previous facility was very large and had many extra amenities that Dad did not use and was paying a huge amount of money for. Putnam Heritage is a smaller facility, but his room is larger than he had before and he can use his own furniture making it more cozy and familiar for him. He has some special care needs and we have been delighted to know that this facility has no problem taking care of them. The aides are friendly and willing to help immediately and the nursing staff takes the time to listen and do whatever they can to make Dad's life better. The nurse or aide calls me if there is ever a problem so that I can take care of it if need be. Dad has told me that he thinks this place is wonderful. We are so thankful that we are now able to save half of what he was paying before.

Great facility and wonderful staff!

My mother has been in their facility for the past few years and we could not be happier that we chose Putnam Heritage in Ottawa. This facility is one large family and they treat your relative just that way. The staff is caring, helpful and patient. We no longer worry about Mother's care and happiness. She loves the facility and thanks our family for making this choice. She feels safe and loved. Thank you [name removed] for investing in Ottawa. Putnam Heritage is a wonderful facility!

Putnam Heritage is a faith based community, steeped in traditions, compassion and caring. We believe everyone has the right to live their best life where ever they call home.
We are located on the outskirts of Ottawa,right around the corner from the YMCA and the Public Library.