Sunrise on Clayton - Richmond Heights, MO

Stopped in here with no appointment, welcomed with a wonderful tour, liked the services there. Taking her family from out of town there soon when they can get here as I really want them to see this. Just hoping they don't wait too long as rooms go fast I think.

A lively community

Mom is happy living at Sunrise. They try to keep the care managers consistent so the residents get to know them. The director is responsive and tries to make the community comfortable. Mom has started to participate in the exercise class and they have current event discussions. The food is great and they have a jukebox in the dining room. The community is lovely and they have numerous conservation areas. They have a concierge when you walk in and the community is very welcoming.

Tour Went Well

This is a pretty nice community, and my tour of it went well. The staff was kind, and welcoming. You could tell they do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. My tour guide was informative, and answered all my questions. It was a good experience, and everything went well.

This is a very lovely place, reminds me of a southern plantation. Warm, welcoming with music going on in lots of the building - I really liked that. I do feel that for what they're charging, the rooms should be updated. We saw lots of stained carpets, dirty grout and caulk. Nothing terrible, but it's a big price tag and I would expect [Removed]. The exec director was very nice

Not Perfect, but A Good Community

Unfortunately I don't think there is a community that is perfect, but overall my wife, and I am satisfied with my mother in laws move to this facility. I was visiting my mother in law while my wife was out of town. During that time her room was clean, and looked fine. When my wife got back her room was a mess. I would say the cleanliness needs to be more consistent. When we bring our concerns up to the director, she does listen, and is empathetic. However the same thing will keep happening. We do like the fact they are encouraging to her to get involved in the community. They have plenty activities available. The chef is very kind, and the meals are fine. Nothing is perfect, but with all the community's we have been at, this is one I would recommend overall.

A good tour!

When I toured Sunrise of Clayton, I thought it was a pretty nice place. The person that took me around was friendly and knowledgeable, It was a good tour, but just not what I was looking for.

A good experience!

My aunt is starting to settle in, the first few weeks were rough with the adjustment period, but it is getting better. We took her some stuff from her home so it can help her feel comfortable. I would recommend this community because it has been a good experience for us so far.

Nice Place!

My tour of the Sunrise on Clayton went well, but it was not what we were looking for. The place was nice, but I did not see as many smiling faces as I would like. At the community I chose, there are residents that have moved from this one and are much happier now. Not the right fit for my father.

Sunrise Senior Living

The right place for mom!

We are very pleased with this community. The staff are friendly, supportive and happy to talk about how things are going. Mom likes the food and they offer a variety of choices. They offer daily activities. I would recommend this clean community.

A very, comfortable, homey residential space with a roaming dog and cat adding to the neighborhood community feel of this location. A limited number of beds makes it feel more intimate. All staff seemed pleasant, helpful and accommodating to the residents. Dining, activity and shared spaces were clean and welcoming. Rooms were cozy and didn't have the hotel-like hallways. Talked to one resident who was complimentary of the care, management and food. We left with a box of fresh baked cookies from the chef.

After one month in the Memory Care Unit, we are finding support very kind and supportive.

Good Care for family.

A good community for my aunt. They offer alot of activities for her to enjoy. The value is good for the great care. The food seems to be good and my aunt enjoys the meals that are served. A very clean environment inside and on the outside. A few times there was a lack of communication with the staff. I would recommend this community for anyone seeking good care for a loved one or family member.

Nice staff

Everyone has been very nice and helpful

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Sunrise on Clayton has been a very good one! They were a big help to us in our time of need, and were very accommodating in getting my loved one helped out as soon as was possible. It's just a very nice place overall, and I would highly recommend them.

Sunrise is doing a great job, right now!

Sunrise is doing a great job, right now! it's very clean and they are very attentive. and very nice. The food is really good, it's been excellent every time I have eaten there. They have a dog that the residents love to sit and pet, and they cook on Saturdays and take them out once a week to get them out of the building. They are probably the most expensive one we looked at, though, so we didn't choose them for price. We liked the attitude of the people, and the residents seemed pretty happy, and they all knew each other.

Heartless, incompetent, disease spreading

First off, my grandfather picked up c-differential in this facility recently. Please look this up if you are considering entrusting your loved one to this care facility. It can eat through the walls of intestines.

This facility is kicking my grandfather out on December 26th (merry Christmas!). They sent the letter to the home he owns, knowing he lives at their facility. He has advanced alzheimer's and lives in a constant state of fear, pain and agitation, none of which have they bothered to treat. Instead they are throwing him out for being EXACTLY the way was described when placed there (he is now violent, verbally abusive and dangerous). He left a lower care facility (was forced out) BECAUSE he had higher care needs.

He was kind, noble, sweet, soft spoken and generous before this disease started slowly killing him. He deserves better, and so do your loved ones.

Sunrise on Clayton is a big success for all of us

Hi, the activities area is nonapplicable for us, as my father in law hates activities of all kinds!

We love Sunrise on Clayton. The staff are wonderful--both at helping us and making Dad feel at home. For someone who did not want to move in, his transition has been remarkably smooth. I am especially impressed with their philosophy of giving older people as much autonomy as possible. It goes a long way toward preserving their dignity.

We are very happy with his situation there.

So far so good

These communities are so overpriced. The hardest, most difficult thing was getting my loved ones moved in. The residents have to move in on a Monday, so I had to take a day off work. I’d like to see that policy changed. My loved ones seem to like the food.

Sunrise Senior Living

We're sorry to hear you had a difficult time moving in and we'd like to learn more so that we can improve our move-in process. please contact Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dotcom). thanks, the Sunrise Team

My mother has been in their memory ca...

My mother has been in their memory care neighborhood for just 2 weeks and is doing great. The staff if always friendly and helpful.

Almost Perfect

It is a fabulous and really a great community. They treat the resident’s great and really take very good care of them. They look out for them emotionally and physically and just provide a beautiful environment. Clean and friendly. It is not perfect but it is very close. They have a community cat and a community dog. The dining area is a like a restaurant you order off a menu and the food is fantastic. The chef is very nice and will cook special meals if you request something. When she came into the community she was not able to do anything and since being here she has improved dramatically and is now doing a lot for herself and she got a new lease on life. The rooms are very nice and spacious about 500 sqft with big bay windows, phone, TV and a double bed. They also have hairdressing on site. There is just so many things they offer that I can't say enough great things about them. They communicate great with the families. They truly care about their residents. They go above and beyond to just make everything that much better. I am very happy with Sunrise on Clayton and would recommend them to everyone.

Very homey atmosphere.Flower & veggie...

Very homey atmosphere.Flower & veggie garden maintained by residents.CNA assigned to individuals.Can transition from assisted to skilled care at same location.Negative==monthly rental.

beautiful non-nursing like. 2 story, ...

beautiful non-nursing like. 2 story, rooms on 2nd floor, dining on 1st floor. dining at any time from a menu- restaurant like.

Sunrise on Clayton is located in the Clayton / Richmond Heights area, just minutes from the Galleria Mall. We pride ourselves in our excellent ability to care for a wide array of care needs in an environment that is warm and homelike.

Step into our community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Sunrise on Clayton is licensed as an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) which means we can support your loved one from independent to very high levels of care.