Promenade at Tuxedo Place - Tuxedo Park, NY

Short stay only

Only good for a short time. Food needs major help. management will not be honest.Nurse and DR does not care about your Health. not a long term place at all .

Very nice facility in Tuxedo NY - older buildings as it was a former hospital in the 1940's (+/-). Updates have been made. We liked the fact that there are only 69 residents, not so large as to be overwhelming or institutional looking. Rooms are very clean and have a good amount of space. Fees are all inclusive (weekly housekeeping, 3 meals per day plus snacks, 24 hour staff, weekly laundry, life enrichment program, room) - add-ons are medication management and personal care - there are 4 pricing tiers ranging from $3330/mo for private suite - $4020/mo for deluxe suite, $600-$1800/mo for personal care, $600/mo for medication management. Staff are friendly and helpful. Residents are kept busy with exercise, activities, movies, BBQs, Wine & Cheese nites, 2 trips per week, one for shopping and other for recreation. All in all a really nice place, nestled on a hill - 2 decks for lounging & BBQ in the summer months is nice, lots of trees.

$948/mo but no services; 1 large bedroom; can't exceed over $36k income; vacancies, request application

Affordable. Pretty location. Worth a tour.

Fake

The "gourmet food" often consists of sandwiches. There are constant issues with residence belongings being "misplaced". If that wasn't enough when you're tucked in make sure the bed bugs don't bite which is to be taken quite literally. The facility looks nice on the inside and even during a quick walk around tour it seems like there is much more serious concerns that are not apparent initially

A Really Good Tour

This community was pretty and clean and gave the feeling of being comfortable for any future resident. The representative showed us the place and the amenities they provided for the residents. They just were not able to take my mom.

My favorite layout!

When touring, the main things we were looking at was price and care. This place was very nice and the staff were all very friendly, but the price of the care and medication plus the monthly fee were too much. I did really like the set up, though.

Wonderful Tour

I had a pretty good tour of this community. Everything went very well. They were very nice to my family and myself. The community looked wonderful, everything was very well-kept. The staff I came across was kind and courteous. This is a nice community, but I found one that was a closer for to travel too.

Outstanding Staff !!

All of the staff have been amazing at making sure my mother is comfortable, they often go out of their way to check on her multiple times a day to make sure she is satisfied. They also have been great with reaching out to my husband and I if there is ever a problem or with any updates she may have. They offer eventful field trips and fun activities to make sure the residents are staying busy throughout the week.

Good Tour

I had a nice tour of this community. The community looked nice and clean. The staff was very kind and helpful. They showed me all around the community, and everything looked. They were also informative and answered my questions. It was a nice tour, and this is a pleasant community.

Decent Community

My tour of this community was decent. The community could use some updating. From what I saw the community is clean, but it could look better. The staff I met was kind and friendly. They didn't offer many activities, which was disappointing. Overall this is a decent community, but could use some improvements.

I think this community needs an upgrade!!

This community seemed dark during our tour. There were not a lot of windows to let light in. It is an older building. The community was clean and the people we meet were nice.

They Did Everything Right

The staff members at the Promenade did everything right by the book. There was no problem with them whatsoever. As far as filling out all the paper work and everything, it was just a real smooth process.

Could improve on some things

We have had some communication issues with the staff. It is an okay place, although they are friendly here. They could definitely improve on some things.

Experiences in a month

My Mom is not looked in on as she was told would happen. Towels, bath mat, wash cloths missing. Call ,late at night "her eye drops were missing and they couldn't find them"
When I tracked down the problem two days later, it seems they found them, but never let me know and so I was annoyed they either didn't give her her drops or I never knew they found them. Now she has double bottles in her medicine cache.
I misplaced a pair of black pants and a pair of black socks, by putting them down somewhere, but I guess there is no lost and found as they have never reappeared.
I would think not too many people leave folded up pants and socks laying around. We only sat in the living room.

Very Lonely And Bug Infested

Beds bug infestation along with ants all over the apartment cannot get fumigation due to something about they cannot get to the apartment or get the chemicals to fumigate. This is the worst experience even the Times newspaper says its bug infested.

Very satisfied

So happy to have my mom in a wonderful place and only 10 minutes from my home. It is great knowing she is happy and well cared for.

Too independent. No transpo...

Too independent. No transportation or group activities.

I am very impressed with the care sta...

I am very impressed with the care staff as they found done health issues my mother did not know she had and provided tight tests and medications to correct the issues. Made my sister and I feral that we helped our Mother in choosing right place for her to recover from her heart attack.

We were promised a lot of things we weren't given

We did have some issues when we first got there we were promised a lot of things we weren't given, we spoke to other people who had the same experience. We were told if you go in to the independent living side they said that you can go over to the assisted living and have access to everything. But this is not the case. They were very nice about it, we voiced our displeasure and they conceded to giver access to one activity a day. They were clean and friendly. If you're independent you aren't allowed on the other side which is not what they told us, or several other families going in.

Promenade at Tuxedo is OUR place for mom

When it was time for my mother-in-law to move into assisted living, our family began by contacting aplaceformom.com. There we were provided with a list of pre-qualified facilities to visit, before making our final choice.
Promenade at Tuxedo Place was not only the cleanest, brightest, and friendliest place we saw, but it had a 'large house' feel that would be easiest for my mother-in-law's transition from her home to a residential community. The residents we saw were all engaged and happy in multiple daily activities, and the staff showed very genuine compassion and pleasure at engaging the seniors. After my mother-in-law moved in, her mood brightened, and we saw a big increase in her physical and mental well-being.

really liked the Promenade....

really liked the Promenade. Scarlett and Nicole were great. Nicole explained the independent living option and i am convinced that style is all my parents require at this time. my parents are not inclined to move from Pa to NY, but this setting or a setting like this could make them chg their minds. my sister will make a visit here as well.

Independent Living Price

We chose this community because of the price. Every other community was overpriced for what she needed. She is very independent so did not need services. The price was the lowest out of the communities because of the lack of services.

Close to Home

We chose the Promenade at Tuxedo Place because it was the best fit for our situation. It is located very close to home so it allows us to be nearby. Everything my mother needed is here. We are very happy with the choice we made and would recommend it.

It was great, but I believe only for ...

It was great, but I believe only for smokers. I do have asthma, and would not last long there. Staff was great, the place is beautiful, and I wish I could have taken it.

it was great, but I believe only for ...

it was great, but I believe only for smokers. Director was great, the place is beautiful, and I wish I could have taken it.

Spoke at length to director today and...

Spoke at length to director today and believe this might be a place for us, depending on her assessment of husband's condition. I was at this facility a few months ago to check it out, but will return again if he is determined to be a good candidate for the level of care that they can provide.

Located in historic Tuxedo Park, New York in the Ramapo Mountains, Elant at Tuxedo Place offers residents a refreshing retirement alternative. With 44 independent and 56 assistive living apartment homes, Tuxedo Place meets a variety of lifestyle needs and preferences.

Affordable Independent Living-Tuxedo Place's gracious one and two bedroom apartment homes are available to those 55 and up who meet certain income guidelines. The independent living apartments include full baths, eat-in kitchens and wall-to-wall carpet, plus all the amenities the community has to offer.

Assistive living-For seniors who want to maintain their independence but may need additional help, Tuxedo Place is the perfect answer.

Assistive Living at Tuxedo Place means no more concerns about the difficult parts of the daily routine. The monthly assistive living fee includes three nutritious meals a day served restaurant style in the dining room, weekly laundry and housekeeping services, 24-hour staffing in case of emergency needs, and a roster of daily cultural and social events.