Chelsea at Bald Eagle - West Milford, NJ

Chelsea at Bald Eagle - West Milford, NJ has yet not published prices.

• 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • On-site Nurse
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • No Smoking Indoors

Independent Living room sizes were adequate. Pruperty appeared to be well maintained although some of the decor seemed dated. Beautiful, woodsy setting. Local access to basic services and retail via shuttle. Sales Rep was prepared and pleasant - asked a lot of questions about my needs and expectations. [name removed] just implemented ala carte availability of Assisted Living services to Independent Living on a pay as you go basis, managed via a tablet based network.Overall assessment, I could live here.

Northern Jersey near NY border. Good prices. Worth a visit and more information. Got a call from a rep and he was very pleasant. It's an hour from the city. Is sending a brochure.

Caring Community

All is well for my father here at this community. They are taking good care of him, and his needs. I'am pleased with all the help they have provided us with. It is a great community with caring people. I would recommend it.

Settled into This Community Very Well

I couldn't be happier with my mother's move to this community. Everything is working out very well, and I'am very satisfied. She is doing very well, and having the time of her life. They have a wonderful staff, and they are taking good care of her and her needs. She loves the food, the meals are very nice. I know she is being cared for very well, and safe. The location is close to me. She has settled into this community quite well, and I would recommend it.

Very nice place

My loved one was only able to be here for a short time, but overall I think Chelsea at Bald Eagle was a very nice community. They took her in and gave her the very best care that they were able. She was in their memory care wing, and the staff there is very friendly and professional. I would recommend them highly.

Friendly and communicative staff!

We're very pleased with how things have gone with Chelsea at Bald Eagle! The staff are all very friendly, and they did a great job welcoming my parents to the community. I also appreciate how good they've been at keeping us in the loop about how things are going with my parents!

A great place for Mom

This is a great place. There are plenty of staff on hand and they seem genuinely concerned about their residents. Everyone we met reached out to Mom and went out of their way to make her feel welcomed and comfortable. The place is very clean and well maintained.

It's beautiful, but not for advanced Alzheimer's.

Chelsea was unable to care for my mom in the Alzheimer's unit. At the time of the initial assessment they were going to be able to accommodate her needs, but I would have liked to know that as she progressed with the Alzheimer's this wouldn't be the best place for her. They don't get better when they have Alzheimer's. We liked it a lot because it didn't have the nursing home atmosphere, it looks like a hotel, it's beautiful. My only complaint is about not disclosing that they wouldn't be able to care for her as she advanced.

Not the best fit for our needs.

I am happy with them, the place is very nice. We started in the independent living, and I think we should have been in the assisted living. We have to have a full time aide, that is getting costly. We weren't given exactly what we needed, and there is no room in the assisted living. There was no initial assessment, because we were going into independent. I don't feel like they made it clear to me about what to expect. It's clean and they are friendly. I liked the location, they have nice scenery. If you really are independent it's very nice.

Great friendly staff. Clean, great fo...

Great friendly staff. Clean, great food. My dad is really happy there.

Peace of Mind

My dad is 91 and pretty self sufficient. My mom is 86 and a diabetic who had to go from oral meds to three shot of insulin a day. She was unable to administer these shots herself. They live five minutes away from me , so I would go there three times a day to do this and help with breakfast and lunch and bring dinner to make sure they were eating correctly. I am their daughter and love them ,but it just got to be exhausting. I am recovering from cancer and will hopefully be able to go back to work soon. I had to figure out a better way for all of us.i went on line and a place for mom came up. I put in my information and 5 minutes later I received a phone call that gave me peace of mind. I was not the only one in this situation. I was given a list of wonderful facilities to check out in my area. When I walked into the Chelsea ,I knew it would be perfect for them. The people were very kind and accommodating. Their little apartment was just perfect for them. It is clean , pretty and a happy place. Everyone greets you with a smile and a hello. My parents are making new friends and adjusting. They are slowly getting involved in some of the activities and I am happy for them. It is much better than sitting and watching TV all day! We went to the Mother's Day tea they had and it was very nice. I am so happy that they are in a great place and being taken care of. I truly have peace of mind and we are all able to have a better quality of life. I hope this little story helps someone realize that sometimes you just can't do it all and it's OK.

I liked it a lot!

I liked it a lot! It was a little out of the way for me. I liked the staff. I liked it a lot, and the director was wonderful. It had a very rural setting.

Looked very nice from what I saw

My Mom was only here briefly, unfortunately her care needs changed suddenly, but from what we saw it looked very nice. It was a nice looking community, and the staff were very friendly.

Too Expensive

Very nice facility. It was my first choice except they were so expensive. The place is gorgeous, but I saw people bored there too. I didn't like that it cost an extra $250 a day for high level of care, which I knew that my mother would need. The place we ended up choosing has an all inclusive care package.

Good place, not right for mom

The facility itself is a 4, I can't say that my mom had a great experience there, she's 80 years old, pretty independent and we thought that it wasn't a very good fit for her because there was a lot of co mingling with the independent and assisted living. There's nothing wrong with Chelsea, it jsut was not good for her. I do know she was a little perturbed, some of this was just gossip among the residents, but they apparently had a problem with some of the staff stealing and stealing medications from the assisted living. We thought this would be a convinient location but the co mingling was very difficult for her.

Warm and Welcoming

Vanessa from A Place for Mom recommended the community and when we went to visit it we just loved it. It was the best fit for what our loved one needed and what we were looking for. It is a very nice and pretty community. It provides a very home like atmosphere. We were pleasantly surprised by them. They offer plenty of activities for the residents. They make it very comfortable for families to come and visit. They are very warm and welcoming.

Nice facility but a little ...

Nice facility but a little too far

Treating my parents very well

Their location is close to where I live. The staff is extremely friendly and extremely helpful. The short time that my parents have been there they have been treated very well.

Visited Bald Eagle. Impressed.

Visited Bald Eagle. Impressed.

I like this one, but it looks like it...

I like this one, but it looks like it will be too expensive for him. Check into this one! Very close to us. Check any VA benefits.

The Chelsea at Bald Eagle is nestled among the picturesque hills of West Milford, NJ. We provide several care options, including independent and assisted living, as well as memory care. Our variety of care levels provide your loved one with the opportunity to seamlessly transition between areas as their needs increase.

All residents are encouraged to attend our lifestyle activities, including daily happy hour, weekly entertainment, bus trips to the local pub, horticulture therapy, and yoga. If your loved one is a fan of bingo, be sure they don’t miss a game with our antique caller.

When not in scheduled activities, there is plenty of mingling and card games going on in our large foyer which features a library and a fireplace perfect for cozying up to with a new book.

We have a committed housekeeping and maintenance team that can assist your loved one in keeping their new home in pristine condition. Our caring wellness staff is available to tend to our residents’ needs and provide any assistance necessary. Many of our staff members have been part of the Chelsea team for over 16 years. This longevity allows residents and staff to get to know each other on a personal level. Joining our community isn’t just an opportunity to retain independence or worry free living, it’s a chance to become part of our family.