Prestige Senior Living Arbor Place - Medford, OR

We're not needing assisted care at this point. A smaller-sized facility, so probably not suited to our specific needs at this time.

No good in their Expressions Memory Care

We had to pull our mom out from their memory care facility after only a month and a half. She gained 30 lbs in 2 weeks and was horribly bloated on her ankles and hands, the staff actually said "oh, I didn't really notice." They placed a roommate in with our mom [Removed] and yelled at her to get out everyour time my mom was just trying to be in her room, then they called my mom's doctor to complain that OUR mom had anger issues... because she was upset at being yelled at. When our mom got a bad stomach bug, they sent her to the hospital, when we brought back 3 days later, they hadn't cleaned the vomit or diarrhea off the carpet or walls yet. Her sheets were still missing and half her clothes were missing. It took us another 3 or 4 days to get them to finally locate her comforter. They are terribly understaffed, and absolutely awful communication skills, and really just failed at taking good care of our mother with alzheimers. We were so disappointed.

Definitely Some Issues

They had some issues at the facility. They failed to shower my mother for three weeks. They did not clean her apartment or strip her beds, as they were suppose to in our agreement. They just claimed it was a communication issue. They have some employee issues and staffing issues though.

A good experience so far

We have had a good experience so far. Everything has been going good. It is a very clean facility. The staff is very nice.

Staff could be a little more professional

It was just very emotional for me to put my mother there. I think the staff could be a little more professional and not so much kidding around. They shouldn't have personal talks. My mother very seldom has her clothes on and I see other people walking around with her clothes on. Her costume jewelry is missing. The snacks I bring her go missing. I also think the bathrooms should be cleaned more. My overall rating is 3 stars.

My fathers house...

Its a beautiful place,but due to my fathers point of view ,hes no longer there.
Dad insisted on going back home over all,the facility is great!
I've been there a couple of times,and when I was there,the staff was excellent!
I'm in Ohio so my sister was there mostly,while there,no issues.
I think that is the place my father should be,not at his residences ,but around people that will make sure he is safe.
Home is where dad would rather be.
No changing that!

I think they are doing a pretty good job

I think they are doing a pretty good job, but my mom isn't entirely happy. It's clean, and the staff is friendly, and they are responsive. I know she would like more food choices, and there seems to be less people here than the place she moved from, there were more people to mingle with there that she likes. It seems like a lot of the places we looked at had more medical facilities, where this place was more social. The layout of the room was perfect, and she has a great view.

June 2 tour. Larger facilit...

June 2 tour. Larger facility, similar to Meadowlark but with more going on. I liked the monthly 'themes'. Rep knew patients, spoke to those in Memory Care side very lovingly. The 1-bedroom was very nice. Possibly too busy for Dad.

We really liked the openness, airiness, and the friendliness of the staff.

We really liked the openness, airiness, and the friendliness of the staff. My 3 for this community is that my dad is used to 24/7 care. We’re not sure if it’s a good fit for my dad. On St. Patrick’s Day they had a gathering and I visited unexpectedly. I was pleasantly surprised to see my dad involved with other residents and an entertainer who had come in. The have afternoon gatherings.

Whenever we consider a community for our families, we always have to check out a community. The two communities that are with my dad take great care of him.

Generally very happy with the service...

Generally very happy with the services provided to my two loved ones, one in assisted living and one in memory care. The facility is nicely appointed and they report that the food is good. The staff is very friendly and helpful and anxious to please. As with any service provider, its a good idea to follow-up and make certain that you get clarity and fully understand who (family or facility) is responsible for any given item/situation. They do not appear to be understaffed, as this sort of facilities sometimes are and have delivered the promised services.
Overall, I have only good feelings about the Arbor Place facility and staff.

Working Well!

The value is a hard one because the price of the service plan has gone up from when we first put dad in there. I'm still a little bit confused about why. I guess their initial assessment was too early and when the cost went up it was based on the first 30 days when his behavior was absolutely terrible due to dementia. I think they needed to get a finer adjustment on his meds. We finally got his meds under control and now it's working really well so hopefully the price will go down next month.

I like, her name is Eunice, she's like a supervisor of the caregivers. She is always nice whenever I call. I like her a lot.

Arbor Terrace like a resort and the food is really good. We ate there and it's 10x than the food at the last place. It's 3 levels. They have a little theater room with a big flat screen TV. There's even a pool table and a shuffle board game. There is a reading area.

They have a section of memory care. We toured the memory care side. The lady that supervises that is very in tune with providing activities for the residents and they seem happy. They have a blended environment where my parents stay in the assisted living but if dad needs to go to memory care they take him there.

Mom is in Independent Living

They recently have changed ownership within the last couple of weeks. We didn't know was happening until after it happened. I think it's fine but it's always a change and it affects all the people who work there which of course affects all the residents. It was a little uncertain for a while because they didn't know if anyone was going to lose their jobs. If I had a question about the bill I wasn't sure who to contact.

Both my brother and I thought that I would just go and visit mom and purchase groceries and take mom to appointments since I living in the same town. I would say that I don't know how she would get the things she needed if I wasn't there doing them for her. She has short term memory issues so it hard for her to remember to do small things like buy more toilet paper. She's in the independent living so there are meals and housekeeping. The housekeeping is okay. I think the meals that I've had there are not incredible, they're just okay. They do offer activities.

A real plus is the folks that work there have an understanding for people who are having memory loss issues since they have memory care. I appreciate that because although mom is independent she does have some memory loss issues and the last thing we want in someone to get impatient with her.

Really like Melinda, the Sa...

Really like Melinda, the Sales Manager here. She has followed up w/me several times trying to get someone to come and take a tour. I would like K to check this place out. Pricing starts at $2,490 for no level of care studio. $375 extra/mo give 15 hrs of assistance/mo-level one care.

This is a good place but too many lat...

This is a good place but too many late stage Alzheimers patients mixed in with the moderate stage patients.

Arbor Place Senior Community is located in Medford Oregon near banking, shopping, medical services and public transportation. Opening in October 2003, this beautifully appointed community provides both Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in a comfortable home setting where each resident’s dignity, individuality, and privacy are preserved. Discover the difference, visit Arbor Place and see for yourself why we are the perfect choice.