Brookdale Medford - Medford, OR

Brookdale Medford - Medford, OR has yet not published prices.

Brookdale Medford

Brookdale was great while my mother was there. Most of the staff is extremely helpful. They do seem short staffed, but most are friendly and accommodating. The director, [Removed] was incredibly helpful to us. The food is good, but a little too salty though. However, they are willing to accommodate different dietary needs. The place is very clean, and they just finished a renovation. They’ve moved in new furniture, put in new carpet and had some painting done. They’ve really spruced it up. I think that as far as a weak point goes, the activities are it. There is some live entertainment, some sing-alongs and things like that, but they seem a little sparse overall, and not very stimulating. Overall though, I would definitely recommend Brookdale to others.

Forever grateful to Brookdale

My Dad lived at Brookdale for 2 1/2 years. Everything was too notch. He was diagnosed with end stage dementia a few weeks ago. The hospital told me to move him to skilled nursing with hospice care. I got a call from [Removed] at Brookdale and She told me they loved my dad and wanted him to come home to do his end of life care with Hospice. I was so relieved. [Removed] and staff would hold his hand and comfort him for hours. He died last Saturday with dignity thanks to Brookdale. My and my family are so very grateful.

I am happy with the care for the both of my parents. The community is very clean and the staff is very caring and attentive to their needs. They both seems to be happy with the meals that are provided. They do offer activities to them both. We would be happy to recommend this community for the care and the value of a loved one.

Care for a loved one

My mom is doing good in this community. The staff is nice that I see on the weekend at the front desk. I have an issue to speak with them about and will need to speak to the staff. She seems to like the meals that are offered to confirm what is needing to be paid for. They do have activities.
I would suggest families take a tour and confirm the services that are offered and the cost of the services and care received.

The Good Tour Lead To A Move In

My friend is doing okay in her new community that she choose after enjoying the tour experience. This was recommended to her and she like it there. The staff were good to communicate with in the beginning and the community is well maintained and clean. She likes the food much better than her last community.

Good Care

This is a nice community for a my father. He is happy and enjoys the care from the staff members here. The community is very clean and taken care of. They do offer activities for everyone. I would recommend this community for good care.

They Are A Great Community

The care is very good here and the staff are attentive and friendly. The community is clean and looks nice. My mom's room looks and smells clean always, she is not missing clothes and it smells clean too. The community is set up like a circle, this helps with mom's dementia. She is able to sit in an open courtyard. She likes the meals and she has made friends. My mom is happier and they are doing something right. They can improve on billing, they have charges and fees that are not upfront.

Excellent Experience Here

This is an excellent community. We had a great experience here, everybody was lovely. They have an excellent staff here, they were very caring and informative. They even told me my mother needed more care than they were able to provide. The community has a positive upbeat atmosphere. It is a nice and clean community, everything looks great. There are many activities offered for the residents. I was very impressed with everything they did for us. I would highly recommend it.

I was impressed!

Brookdale Medford is a beautiful community! The community is kept very clean and bright. There is a lot of light and it didn't feel like a hospital. They serve a variety of great meals. They have an activities calendar with a variety of choices for the residents to participate in. It is a smaller community and is pretty quite. A lot of the residents were in their rooms and not out and about the community.

Good Facility

This is a very pleasant community. My tour went very well. The staff was kind and friendly. The were very informative, all my questions were answered. They were very good at following up with us. This is a good facility and we were considering moving my father in law here.

Friendly staff and clean facility.

Staff made it easy to place my sister-in -law at Brookdale. The staff is friendly and helpful. Patients seem friendly and happy. The only thing that I think could improve is the food menu. Menu seems to use a lot of cheaper food choices. I think they use to much pasta. The food plates don't look appealing to the eyes. I don't think the food choices are a very balanced diet for the elderly.

My Friend Is Doing Great

My friend is living here and I come to visit her every week. From my side, I see the staff are going over and beyond to care and accommodate each resident. The community allows dogs, they keep all rooms clean, and they go on outings like to see a Theodore Roosevelt play. The meals are good to her and they bring it to her room when she does not feel well. Mechele from A Place For Mom is great, without her we would not have found this place.

I Feel Dad Would Fall

I took a tour of this community and found that there are too much stairs. There are caution sign but I feel my dad would have still attempted to try to walk down and end up falling. There was a security door but if able to get through it leads out to the public. I also was not happy with what is offered and I did notice an unpleasant smell and did not seem to clean. Overall, it is a good community and the staff are nice and friendly.

Great Community Needs Better Food

We have our up and down's about the community but things are starting to level out for my mother in law. The staff here really do bend over backwards for my mother in law they are just wonderful. She is slowly starting to get adjusted to community and everything they offer here. The only issue we have about the place is the food it could be a lot better. I've sat down with my mother in law and some of her friends for dinner and even the residents wish the food would taste and look better. I have brought my concerns up to the staff and they are working on improving the food, so at the moment we supply her food. The staff here has been just great beside's the food problem they are very attentive to her and her needs. Robin the sales manger even checks on her daily and Christina the director sat with her one time while she was waiting for me. Everything is good with Brookdale I just hope they improve the food issues here other then that I would recommend the community for anybody.

The staff are very personable!

The experience has gone pretty well although it could be better. Moving my parents in after paying our deposit we learned very quickly that the community doesn't have a maintenance person. When the movers went to hang their clothes in the closet the rod fell to the floor. My boyfriend ended up having to repair the rod himself in order to get their clothes hung. There was another incident where the drapes fell off the rod and onto the heater that was off thankfully. Because my parents couldn't hang it they pulled the emergency cord twice and NO response. It was later confirmed that the cord does work and someone just wasn't paying attention which is a bit alarming. Thankfully, it wasn't a real emergency! The curtain rod needs to be reinforced or the drapes will fall again but that has not been taken care of yet. Other than that the experience it has been okay. The staff are friendly and very personable. They always address both myself and my parents by name. Other than the minor mishaps it's been good! Robin and Christina have been very helpful and supportive throughout all of this.

Cleanliness Could Improve

I think that they could definitely improve on the cleanliness. The bathroom smells like old urine and that could be fixed. However, the food is very nicely prepared though, I am impressed by that feature.

They Are Great

I think what they have done very well is try to accommodate my loved one with all of her special needs and also with trying to help her improve. I just think they are really great and I am really happy with them.

Very, Very Happy

We have been very, very happy with Brookdale and with the quality of care that she has been receiving. They have always been professional and call us and keep us informed with her condition. Everyone has been very nice and she is pleased with the place.

Not A Good Experience

The management at Brookdale Medford was not good. The caregivers were wonderful but they didn't have enough time for the amount of clients they had. Overall it was not a good experience.

really happy with the way things turned out.

All the staff I have dealt with have been very friendly at Brookdale Medford. My brother is very happy there. Things are excellent at this facility. I am really happy with the way things turned out.

The experience was good. They evaluated my mother and found her acceptable for their location and I just had a few months review with them and everything went fine. I think they have really good care. They have plenty of RNs and CNAs. They are staffed really well.

Very nice overall!

My mom is always being checked on by the staff, and they do things like take the trash out for her. My mom wants there to be exercise machines, but I'm not expecting it personally since it's assisted living. The people I've interacted with, have been great, everyone has always been nice, and any I've had (like a broken AC was repaired!) complaints are taken care of, I know they're improving the facility overall and my whole family thinks it's a nice place.

We have been very happy with Brookdale, so far.

We have been very happy with Brookdale, so far. She hasn't complained about the food at all, though I haven't tried it. I would rate them very highly at this point.

very good facility

Wynwood of Rogue Valley is a very good facility. I can't say it's the best in the area for the money, but it is very nice and the people there are very kind.

Loved this place! It is clean, stylish, and calming. Residents were engaged in various activities and their daily activity calendar represented everything that my mother-in-law might enjoy. Now we just have to talk her into considering this living option! We will start with a few respite stays and go from there. Dianne was very helpful answering all my questions and giving me a packet of information to read. The staff I encountered were all very lovely and engaging. I don't feel that I have to look any further.

Friendly and professional staff

They've done a very good job so far at Wynwood of Rogue Valley, we're very pleased with them. The staff have all been very nice, they are conscientious and competent, and take great care of the residents. The facility itself is clean and well kept. I would recommend it to others looking in the area!

Everything is working out quite nicel...

Everything is working out quite nicely at Wynwood of Rogue Valley. It is a great place. I'm pleased with their services, friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility, care provided, and all they have to offer.

improving

At first the care services were low, but then they improved since we first started with them. They are willing to work with you. The staff is friendly and the community is clean. The care services are improving.

The residents are more acti...

The residents are more active, Roby was really friendly. dining area is like a restaurant and orders are taken at meals, like Prestige but the menu is only two items. I like this the best so far, the food is good, many staff members took time to introduce themselves, people had dogs, people were walking laps, the residents seemed more together than the smaller faclities but this place will manage through death. really nice central court yard. cost is consistent or lower than some others sudh as Farmington.

Happier times for mom

At this time, mom only needs a little bit of extra help. Mostly just a lot of reminders and someone close by just in case she needs more. The great people at Wynwood help mom when she needs it while letting her be as independent as possible. Everyone seems to be happy in their work and that makes me (and mom) feel very welcome. She now has a group of friends with which she can talk and play. She has been joining many of the activities available. A couple of her favorites are the balloon volleyball and the scenic drives. The I am very happy with our decision to have mom stay here. I wish we would have made this move a couple of years ago.

I Didn't Like Their Medication Charges

They were really good. The only thing I didn’t like was the way they do their medications is very expensive. It doesn’t make any difference how many pills you take. They charge you the same flat rate if you take two pills that they would if you took 50 and it’s an expensive fee. That was a very big negative for them because my mom doesn’t take many pills.

Clean, cheery, good food. Used this ...

Clean, cheery, good food. Used this place for respite while we went to AZ. Director has been a great help both with moral support and information.

The people here were very nice but Mo...

The people here were very nice but Mom wants a larger place

Director was grest and the Wynwood wa...

Director was grest and the Wynwood was a lovely building. The rooms were priced the about the same, however the cost of care would have been a big increase. The bathroom were not handycap as they had a lip that a person would have had to step over.

Brookdale Medford provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Wynwood of Rogue Valley we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value